Is UVA the team that rids the program of the Golden Cancer?

Crystal Ball

Actual fking Legend
Will the AD pull the trigger if we lose to the mighty Cavs?

This is all too reminiscent of USF in 09.

Please UVA, save my football program.

Advertisement
Hopefully. They've had two weeks to prepare, night game, at home...all the makings of a UVa win and hopefully a Golden firing right after the game.

a loss to UVA or Pitt would be unforgivable.

GT lost to UNC and Duke.
Lousiville lost to Virginia, Clemson and FSU.
Nebraska lost in record fashion last week, by 35.
We lost to all those teams handily.

Do you really need to see more at this point to call it unforgiveable? What would losing to UVA prove that hasn't already been proven?

Advertisement

GT lost to UNC and Duke.

Do you really need to see more at this point to call it unforgiveable? What would losing to UVA prove that hasn't already been proven?

nothing, but "DaU83" is a scumbag racist so he'll hang on to the bitter end for his white savior.

Well, Joe, we had to play another Prime Time night game.

Prime Time night games take their toll on you, Joe.

UVA had an extra week to prepare, Joe. It was blatantly unfair, Joe."

Advertisement
I used to think we had a shot of losing him if we ended 7-5 or 6-6.

the last month, even with the loss, to me has removed that possibility unless they are epic disasters

just the way it is I think

GT lost to UNC and Duke.

GT is a 2 loss team, right now.. great no? terrible? nope.

Louisville same thing... Nebraska same thing, and they lost to a decent Wisconsin team.... None of those are unforgiveable. If we were trotting out the 01 roster, maybe. But for this team, it's not unforgivable. Louisville would have been but we have a completely different team today than we trotted out that night, and the true freshaman QB is playing a little better as well. thems the breaks. When you are going to be an average team, no one should be up in arms when it turns out to be the case.

We are gonna smash UVag.

And we smash UVA and Pitt, convincingly at that, the world of college will see testament to fact that Al Golden has TURNED around the []_[] and we're on our way back, the 1st part of the season be damned. This team of today! IS what's front center...and boom...another college team with bigger coffers may come in and swoop Al G right under us. And then, alas, we won't even get Butch!

Advertisement

GT lost to UNC and Duke.

GT is a 2 loss team, right now.. great no? terrible? nope.

Louisville same thing... Nebraska same thing, and they lost to a decent Wisconsin team.... None of those are unforgiveable. If we were trotting out the 01 roster, maybe. But for this team, it's not unforgivable. Louisville would have been but we have a completely different team today than we trotted out that night, and the true freshaman QB is playing a little better as well. thems the breaks. When you are going to be an average team, no one should be up in arms when it turns out to be the case.

Yeah, that's kindve the point. This is a team that on any given day could lose to Georgia Tech, Louisville or Nebraska and no one would be surprised. Quite the contrary, it'd be more status quo than anything. That's the part that is unforgiveable.

The only way we were losing this game is if we had beaten fsu and were still in contention for the Coastal.

Now that the game is completely meaningless on every level, Folden will set the dogs loose on UVA. They'll tear Mike London's fat Godzooky looking face off.

Only hope is that London's job is on the line again and he needs a win like this to stay employed.

Advertisement
ZTE9wWu.gif

I used to think we had a shot of losing him if we ended 7-5 or 6-6.

the last month, even with the loss, to me has removed that possibility unless they are epic disasters

just the way it is I think

I think it would have required 5-7 or worse. Once we mauled Virginia Tech, and particularly the way we dictated the game, Golden was safe.

I'll post again the exchange I had with a Virginia Tech fan while attending that game. When I told the nearby Hokie fans that a big segment of the Canes fan base hated Golden and wanted him to be fired, one middle aged guy chimed in, "Your fans aren't too bright, are they? Golden isn't going anywhere."

Every time I attend a Canes home game there's a comical disconnect between what I read on this site and the reality at the stadium and program. Blake James is always there, and very prominent. He's on the field during time outs and quarter changes, celebrating Canes athletes in so called minor sports. Now, these athletes aren't always dominant. It will be a 2nd or 3rd team All-ACC tennis player or golfer, for example. Yet the crowd applauds and James is beaming and genuinely proud.

I keep thinking to myself...fans on CanesInsight expect that Blake James, the one I'm looking at, to fire Al Golden?

The Monty Python theme song might as well be playing in the background. Absurdity. Unless Golden has a season like Muschamp last year, or another 6-6 type year following a collapse this season, he's ours.

But would you bet on James to fire Golden, since we all know that's all that you care about anyway.

Advertisement
Back