Is this TE transfer a possibility?

Oh no doubt, just saying, Mallory is more of a pure receiver than a guy like Njoku. Mallory is just different than the others, and I'm glad. I don't see him ever being a Njoku, but he will be a darn good Mallory.

he better hope to be a njoku that bum was a 1st rd pick

Advertisement
Trey Burton has to cut weight to stay around that weight..different body types. Im not really expecting anything out of Mallory this year and it isnt even a problem. It isnt about just weight..its about strength as well. If he is considered a match up nightmare than what is Langham who is heavier?. Pollendey was getting tossed around last year and is likely more equipped as an inline guy. I think Jordan is ready to play. I honestly think we should add a grad transfer te allowing us to shirt Mallory.
Less talented.

Would have looked him closer if he were immediately eligible.

As for Mallory "never being a normal TE," I'm not sure I know what you mean, @ThomasM. He weighed 207 pounds in March of 2017. That was a over a year ago. He hasn't stepped foot on campus yet. While I agree with everything you said about his style, we have no real idea how his body will develop. He could realistically be 220-230 this upcoming season and it wouldn't surprise me.

He’s transferring from Ole Miss right? If so he should be allowed to play immediately because of the sanctions.

Patterson sounds like he will be eligible to play at Michigan this year.

Gonna act like we didnt have legit freaks like David Njoku recently. Mallory reminds me of Njoku. I think with work he can get to the same size as Njoku. But we've been trotting out freaks at TE for awhile. Herndon is a plus athlete. I love the Mallory/Jordan combo..would love to shirt Mallory though.
I agree with this a lot. I think we need a grad transfer to bridge the gap this year. No matter how talented both are, having two freshmen as the top two guys at any position can be dangerous.

I see Jordan as a better version of Herndon, but like Herndon he’s closer to a finished product coming in and can see the field right away. IMO Mallory has the higher ceiling of the two but like Njoku would be more benefited from a redshirt if possible.

I agree with this a lot. I think we need a grad transfer to bridge the gap this year. No matter how talented both are, having two freshmen as the top two guys at any position can be dangerous.

I see Jordan as a better version of Herndon, but like Herndon he’s closer to a finished product coming in and can see the field right away. IMO Mallory has the higher ceiling of the two but like Njoku would be more benefited from a redshirt if possible.
Brevin looks very quick....kinda reminds me more of Shannon Sharpe type...explosive TE with abilty to stretch a defense...

Advertisement
Trey Burton has to cut weight to stay around that weight..different body types. Im not really expecting anything out of Mallory this year and it isnt even a problem. It isnt about just weight..its about strength as well. If he is considered a match up nightmare than what is Langham who is heavier?. Pollendey was getting tossed around last year and is likely more equipped as an inline guy. I think Jordan is ready to play. I honestly think we should add a grad transfer te allowing us to shirt Mallory.

Mallory is a far better athlete than Langham. Anybody at Paradise last year knows he's a freak, and he ran a 4.60 laser 40.

And check the kid's twitter. He looks like he's on the Rousseau plan and is over 225 now.

Last edited:

Name the grad transfer. Yeah Mathis would e great, but as of today the NCAA is denying all those Ole Miss guys

If you're telling me Mallory can't be used as a Flex TE in the slot, okay I guess, I disagree

Last edited:
I'd be shocked if Mallory redshirts. Jordan is a stud. Between him, Mallory, Polendey and Irvin, I do think
we will be fine at the TE position. We may not be good today but I think we will be by fall.

You may end up correct but it’s a long season for freshmen, especially ones that arrive here late.

If we have real playoff aspirations, that’s asking a lot of a couple of kids that haven’t stepped on the field yet.

Agreed.

Sure these guys are very talented but we need some depth, especially if they are going to be asked to be part of a power running attack.

Advertisement
You can never have too much depth. Because you never know about injuries.

So having a grad transfer at TE here for a year wouldn't bother me at all.

Regardless if we get a grad transfer from Ole Miss or not....Brevin Jordan will probably be our starting TE ( He's that good) and I love having Mallory here too.

Name the grad transfer. Yeah Mathis would e great, but as of today the NCAA is denying all those Ole Miss guys

If you're telling me Mallory can't be used as a Flex TE in the slot, okay I guess, I disagree
I would’ve liked the grad transfer from USF. I think Mallory can play in the slot right away but will likely be a liability blocking. Jordan looks like he can block but having a true freshman as your main blocking tight end is scary, especially since Irvin and Polendey have shown that they consistently get abused run blocking

This , we’re far from good

You guys are kidding right? I mean, experience obviously counts for nothing and we can surely bank on a couple of freshmen lighting it up. If all kids fresh out of HS can't produce on day one, then what in this crazy world can I believe in?

Advertisement

The NCAA hasn’t made a ruling yet, big difference from them denying it.

I don’t see how they can deny it, Patterson and his teammates have those texts and previous situations the NCAA has allowed kids to transfer without having to sit.

You would not be saying that if Brevin & Mallory were early enrolled and the first & second string spots with Mike & Brian behind them.

And if my aunt had balls.....

Bottom line, we just need to hope and pray they catch up to the speed of college ball, the play book and blocking VERY fast. Not something u see every day.

Right now we need the light to go on for Irvin.

UM

First of all the kids last name is Irvin not Irving.

Freshman make mistakes. Need 2 Quality TE’s for red zone blocking. A grad transfer would be great.

Every highlight I have seen of Mallory he is rail thin. THat will not cut it in college. Kid needs a shirt for sure.

I still do not know why Langham has not moved to TE. Who has been telling this guy he will get paid as a WR?

Advertisement
Mallory will probably never be a traditional TE. Dude is fast as ****, runs great routes, and has amazing hands. He may line up at TE, but he's never going to be a 250 lb TE. He's a matchup nightmare right now. I wouldn't try to pack too many pounds on him to make him look like a normal TE, because he is not a normal TE.
He’s probably 210-215 by the time he enters Miami. Will be at least 230 in the fall of 2019

All this worrying about te is complete paranoia settling in like the rb position last year before the season... I said we would be fine at rb and we should move deejay to rb before last season and what do you know richt said yesterday he shouldn’t have put out an advertisement out saying they needed help and should have moved Dallas sooner.... another point is we have 2 elite tes coming to fortify the position. They will play right away because they are that good regardless if they are young.

If you want to run in goal line put an extra lineman in the ball game as a “te” if you know you are running or in goal line situations. People make this more complicated than it needs to be... in addition to that we have a legit fullback coming in.

Competition breeds success, if we have a scholly available and he can help mentor and push our incoming tight ends, go for it. The only pushing I see is for Irvin to get in front of the dessert line.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Back