Is this TE transfer a possibility?

U Know

Junior
Screenshot_20180418-175010.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
We should contact him now, I know most think the 2 Freshmen are going to be great but I would take this guy.

Lol

https://www.seccountry.com/mississi...t-impressed-with-floridas-football-facilities

Q: Which school disappointed you the most during recruiting?

A: Probably Florida, honestly.

Q: What was the most creative thing a school or coach did to get your attention?

A: When I was at Ole Miss on my official, in my room there was a cake with the jersey that had No. 18 on it. That was one of the cooler things.

What about them UM cookie cakes ????

Advertisement
Didn’t Mallory say he was 215 lbs a little while back?

If he so he will definitely need a RS year
Mallory will probably never be a traditional TE. Dude is fast as ****, runs great routes, and has amazing hands. He may line up at TE, but he's never going to be a 250 lb TE. He's a matchup nightmare right now. I wouldn't try to pack too many pounds on him to make him look like a normal TE, because he is not a normal TE.

Would have looked him closer if he were immediately eligible.

As for Mallory "never being a normal TE," I'm not sure I know what you mean, @ThomasM. He weighed 207 pounds in March of 2017. That was a over a year ago. He hasn't stepped foot on campus yet. While I agree with everything you said about his style, we have no real idea how his body will develop. He could realistically be 220-230 this upcoming season and it wouldn't surprise me.

As for Mallory "never being a normal TE," I'm not sure I know what you mean, @ThomasM. He weighed 207 pounds in March of 2017. That was a over a year ago. He hasn't stepped foot on campus yet. While I agree with everything you said about his style, we have no real idea how his body will develop. He could realistically be 220-230 this upcoming season and it wouldn't surprise me.

This. Think of Trey Burton at TE, guy is 6'3'' 235 and a special weapon in the NFL. Mallory will never be 250 pounds and we don't need him to be. But he will need to add strength. If he can get to the 215-225 range this year, I doubt he red shirts.

Advertisement
This. Think of Trey Burton at TE, guy is 6'3'' 235 and a special weapon in the NFL. Mallory will never be 250 pounds and we don't need him to be. But he will need to add strength. If he can get to the 215-225 range this year, I doubt he red shirts.

Would be shocked if he's not at least 215-220 right now. Guy was 207 about 13 months ago. Unless he got ill or stopped working altogether, a 10 pound gain for his body frame is fairly natural. Let's see where he is by Fall practice. Is he a Summer A arrival?

Trey Burton has to cut weight to stay around that weight..different body types. Im not really expecting anything out of Mallory this year and it isnt even a problem. It isnt about just weight..its about strength as well. If he is considered a match up nightmare than what is Langham who is heavier?. Pollendey was getting tossed around last year and is likely more equipped as an inline guy. I think Jordan is ready to play. I honestly think we should add a grad transfer te allowing us to shirt Mallory.

Even at 220-230 he will still look like a big WR, and play like one. He's going to be a huge weapon for us, and I don't think we need to make him "big" in order for him to be that weapon. I'm really excited about what he has to offer, even if he plays at 210. His hands, routes, and football IQ are amazing. Him and Jordan are the best TE haul we've ever had, in my opinion. Just that Mallory, I believe, will never be what we are used to seeing from a TE. Quite frankly, I wouldn't want him to be, because what he will be able to do with his current skill set will be deadly.

Advertisement
Even at 220-230 he will still look like a big WR, and play like one. He's going to be a huge weapon for us, and I don't think we need to make him "big" in order for him to be that weapon. I'm really excited about what he has to offer, even if he plays at 210. His hands, routes, and football IQ are amazing. Him and Jordan are the best TE haul we've ever had, in my opinion. Just that Mallory, I believe, will never be what we are used to seeing from a TE. Quite frankly, I wouldn't want him to be, because what he will be able to do with his current skill set will be deadly.

Gonna act like we didnt have legit freaks like David Njoku recently. Mallory reminds me of Njoku. I think with work he can get to the same size as Njoku. But we've been trotting out freaks at TE for awhile. Herndon is a plus athlete. I love the Mallory/Jordan combo..would love to shirt Mallory though.

Gonna act like we didnt have legit freaks like David Njoku recently. Mallory reminds me of Njoku. I think with work he can get to the same size as Njoku. But we've been trotting out freaks at TE for awhile. Herndon is a plus athlete. I love the Mallory/Jordan combo..would love to shirt Mallory though.
Oh no doubt, just saying, Mallory is more of a pure receiver than a guy like Njoku. Mallory is just different than the others, and I'm glad. I don't see him ever being a Njoku, but he will be a darn good Mallory.

Advertisement
Back