Is this our best staff ever?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Advertisement
I'm as guilty as anyone else of drinking the 40oz kool aid in regard to our staff. Good grief was I off 🤦‍♂️
Don't feel bad. 80% of this board will do the exact same thing this off season with whatever cast-offs he can find to come coach here. Wait until you hear for 6 months about how our new OC Ponce has tailored the offense to the talent and how much better we'll be.

Advertisement
Hilarious when whiners run back to threads from nine months ago to trash-talk and get in licks.

News flash, after Jimmy blew a 31-0 halftime lead to Maryland, lost to Hail Flutie a week later and then lost a shootout to UCLA to finish 8-5, no one was praising him or his staff.

Johnson also had three different defensive coordinators in three seasons—Bill Trout and Paul Jette before landing on Dave Wannstedt, who he kept his final three years.

There was a lot of tinkering before Johnson figured it out and got it right.

Lol at this being UMs best staff ever...
Butch's 98-2000 is undoubtedly the best...

1986 was nothing to shake a stick at:

Head coach
Coordinators/assistant coaches

That, and Butch still had Bill Miller calling his defense in 1998, so that wasn't it—Greg Schiano showed up in 1999—and guys like Pagano were on Davis' staff dating back to the JJ era.

Hilarious when whiners run back to threads from nine months ago to trash-talk and get in licks.

News flash, after Jimmy blew a 31-0 halftime lead to Maryland, lost to Hail Flutie a week later and then lost a shootout to UCLA to finish 8-5, no one was praising him or his staff.

Johnson also had three different defensive coordinators in three seasons—Bill Trout and Paul Jette before landing on Dave Wannstedt, who he kept his final three years.

There was a lot of tinkering before Johnson figured it out and got it right.

Jimmy was a corch.

Head coach

That, and Butch still had Bill Miller calling his defense in 1998, so that wasn't it—Greg Schiano showed up in 1999—and guys like Pagano were on Davis' staff dating back to the JJ era.
No...Chuck was just a GA for one yr in 86...before going back West to USC...(I should know he's my cousin)
1999 Staff...
Kehoe - Best OL Coach in UM History
Pagano - Best DB and ST Coach in UM History
Curtis Johnson - Best WR coach in UM History
Soldinger - Best RB Coach in UM History
Combined, they developed more AAs, more 1st rounders, and more HOFers than ANY staff in UM History...and also put more 1st rounders into the NFL Draft than Howard, JJ and Erickson combined.....Nice try though...

Last edited:
Advertisement

Head coach

When you have a future NFL head coach at grad assistant, I'd say you've done a **** of a job.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure if we’ve ever had a staff this good on paper? Particularly in terms of recruiting. This is a different feeling from the usual The U is back.

Maude Note: Moved from Recruiting board to Eye in the Sky board as most discussion relates to coaching not recruiting.
First you have to have coaching staff that can develop players and currently Mario can't make a decision on an OC for the 2nd straight year. This guys is a joke and predict a 5-7 season in 2023.

Advertisement
Back