Is this our best staff ever?

So you’re telling me you know the future of this staff. **** that’s amazing. We could have used you in 03/04&05
His point went over your head or you’re playing dumb. In 86, on paper (resumes), this staff ***** on that staff; however, that doesn’t mean this staff will be better than that 86 class. To your point, it’s very unlikely.

Advertisement
Agree to your point, however I would add that the staff will be ultimately judged on what they do here at Miami. We wont need to wait around 35 years for that. If they dont compete for/win titles they wont measure up. I am excited about this staff though.
Yes, got it.
Not the OP's point though, which was that this is the best staff out of the gate.

Everyone siting JJ or Butch's staff has the advantage of 25/35 years of results.

Communication breakdown out the wazoo.

Pretty sure his point is that he does NOT know the future of this staff and neither does anyone else.

It could end up being great, it could disappoint, or it could be something in between. No one will know until later, just like no one knew how great those previous staffs would be until later.
That is my point. The 80’s staff’s, to date, are the best ever. That was not his point fwiw

Advertisement
His point went over your head or you’re playing dumb. In 86, on paper (resumes), this staff ***** on that staff; however, that doesn’t mean this staff will be better than that 86 class. To your point, it’s very unlikely.
No, that wasn’t his point. The word “no” in his post made that point.

People are bringing up old staffs with after the fact knowledge. Resumès, people. This is probably the most proven and experienced staff Miami has ever seen upon arrival.

lmao, no **** that's what people are doing. Do you think that is surprising?

'86 is the best. ****, Tubbs, Pagano, and Ron Meeks were GA's on that team.

Here's the next best one, IMO. Butch's 2000 staff: 3 future NFL head coaches, 2 future college head coaches (1 of whom won a BCS title).

Greg Schiano - DC
Chuck Pagano - DB/ST
Rob Chudzinski - TE
Larry Coker - OC/QB
Curtis Johnson - WR
This is the most proven staff we have ever had imo. Most of Mario’s staff is already known and established as great coaches where Butches staff were good coaches, but didn’t know they would end up becoming what they did until after leaving UM.

If I’m not mistaken outside of Coker I don’t think anyone on that staff had even been a coordinator before Miami. Where Mario has a broyles winner and finalist for coordinators and former coordinators/head coaches taking position coaching jobs.

Advertisement
Jimmy had the best staff. Went to the NFL and won in a few years after a rebuild.

Not sure if we’ve ever had a staff this good on paper? Particularly in terms of recruiting. This is a different feeling from the usual The U is back.

Maude Note: Moved from Recruiting board to Eye in the Sky board as most discussion relates to coaching not recruiting.
Tell you in a year after the first season of play and the first recruiting year.

No. This staff hasn't done anything here yet. The only thing this staff has on any previous Miami staff is some experience and some accolades but at this point doesn't mean squat.

Advertisement
tenor.gif

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Advertisement
Not sure if we’ve ever had a staff this good on paper? Particularly in terms of recruiting. This is a different feeling from the usual The U is back.

Maude Note: Moved from Recruiting board to Eye in the Sky board as most discussion relates to coaching not recruiting.
May want to get a new hobby

Advertisement
Back