Is this guy's seat hot?

rickay

Band
Banned
Is there any pressure around him from the admin? Blake James seems to me like a guy who would stick with the status quo until he has no other options. He also seems like the guy who would dismiss guys with Miami ties like Butch and Schiano for one of his North East connections or just blindly go with whomever our "consultant" hires.

Advertisement
Is there any pressure around him from the admin? Blake James seems to me like a guy who would stick with the status quo until he has no other options. He also seems like the guy who would dismiss guys with Miami ties like Butch and Schiano for one of his North East connections or just blindly go with whomever our "consultant" hires.
yes, theres heat. Not enough to get fired mid-season tho..

We are ******* 3-3 in his fourth year with a roster that should be 6-0.

Gluten is basically sitting on a five alarm fire at this point. Not even his 74x30 Kirkland brand Khakis could smother this raging inferno.

Advertisement
Golden and Hoke are in the same category but Hope seat is blazing. We let Golden pass with this sorry ads d coordinator. Blake James needs to tell Golden he needs to go.

Advertisement
Hoke has an 11 win season and a bowl win. Al golden hasn't sniffed that. Hoke sucks but he's better than golden. And he fired his bestie of that was just like an offensive donofrio

Hoke is clearly worse. He has more money, and his program wasn't under NCAA investigation. I think Golden is a terrible game manager, but he did have to deal with the NCAA cloud for two years.

At least hoke beat his top rival... 5 straight losses to fsu is what's going to kill me

Hoke has gotten worse and worse. Shut out by ND. First time in program history of 130+ years they have 3 losses by October. That's historically bad for a team that has been around before you could throw the ball forward. Hoke is a dumpster fire. Al is close but not on that level imo

Advertisement
Hoke vs Golden is like comparing two piles of **** and arguing about which one stinks worse

A lot of people were really voting for Blake James to take the job and he hasn't been in office too long. The reason most people were for him is because he's a "Miami guy" unlike the past two that bolted for Nebraska and Texas Tech. He wasn't going to fire a coach after a 9-4 season (which was improvement at the time). We'll see what he's made of this season. Too early to write him off as AD. Now if he keeps our coaches intact for another year, it's time to throw out the whole office.

Advertisement
Blake James seems to me like a guy who would stick with the status quo until he has no other options. He also seems like the guy who would dismiss guys with Miami ties like Butch and Schiano for one of his North East connections or just blindly go with whomever our "consultant" hires.

I'm sure you know Blake James really well to be able to make those assumptions. Instead of guessing, why not give the guy a chance. He's not going to commit career suicide. He's a sharp dude and knows what pays the bills in his department.

A lot of people were really voting for Blake James to take the job and he hasn't been in office too long. The reason most people were for him is because he's a "Miami guy" unlike the past two that bolted for Nebraska and Texas Tech. He wasn't going to fire a coach after a 9-4 season (which was improvement at the time). We'll see what he's made of this season. Too early to write him off as AD. Now if he keeps our coaches intact for another year, it's time to throw out the whole office.

Blake can earn a lot of political capital with the fans if he fires Golden right now.

I doubt he has the balls to though.

Advertisement
Back