Is there something fundamentally wrong with our Offense?

Yes, the OL can’t perform fundamentals, like blocking.

Well it's been almost 2 full years of it....and seeing as the offense as a whole is Richt's responsibility, that's all on him.

No argument, Richt bears ultimate responsibility, but the OL did and continues to need an infusion of talent. And another year in the S&C program. On a deeper roster FR like Donaldson are redshirting.

I hear you but Donaldson is a bad example...he'd be starting on most of the teams in the top 25. He's an elite guard prospect and deserves to be playing. It's been 2 different QB's with a several good skill position players and we still can't produce consistently on offense.

It boggles my ******* mind that Richt is getting a free pass and everyone just wants to point a finger at a scapegoat all the time. Last year the battle cry was Kaaya and now, all of a sudden after 10 wins, it's Rosier. People stick their heads in the dirt and don't want to acknowledge the ROOT of the issue.

We need a dedicated OC. The ripple effect will help the entire staff and team. Richt gets to spend less time every week burying himself into offensive gameplanning and can instead do what head coaches and most of the top programs do....oversee both sides equally and from a higher altitude.

Advertisement
We can't get run to move the chains on 3rd and less than 5 unless its a QB draw and can't run for touchdowns inside the 10. One of the worst third down offenses in America. Recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
The difference in Malik today and the rest of the season was he was not able to hit a single deep ball. This is pretty close to the same Malik that we've seen in every game in all other aspects. He missed Ahmmon deep twice, basically wide open, catch and run to the end zone or even just a big catch and have a shot at a FG or a few shots to the end zone. Missed Berrios once that would have been a TD, threw one behind Berrios that was at least a 20 yard gain, if he makes 1 man miss or turns it up the sideline is a TD or a huge gain.

Every other game we've hit Berrios for a big one, Jeff Thomas for a home run, Homer housed one, big play to Herndon. There was just no turning point for this offense today. Nothing built any confidence on the sideline. I thought maybe the TD to Ahmmon but it just wasn't a big enough play. The Berrios TD was garbage time... idgaf about that play. Too late.

The only answer we had was to switch to Evan instead of Malik? That was a pathetic attempt at starting something. This teams rides and dies on Malik making plays when we need it. We did nothing different. No designed QB runs that ate away at ND. No wild cat with Deejay that helped vs VT. No Malik rolling out of the pocket. No RB running routes up field. We tried to go 5 wide to identify the blitz and make things simple and we couldn't protect worth a **** or we just couldn't hit a guy in a tight window. End of story. You've gotta be able to do SOMETHING. We couldn't do any of it today.

And to cap it off... Feagles is terrible, Braxton called for 2 awful fair catches with 5-10 yards to run and have a chance to make a guy miss, our KR coverage is very bad, punt coverage is no better, and Jeff Thomas has no business returning kicks. He runs to the exact same spot every time. Right outside the right hash like clockwork. Made one decent return when he cut a little towards the middle of the field. Watch the kickoff coverage for the other team from a field view and they're angling themselves there every time. They know. QB, OL, & ST cost us this game in a combination of terrible effort by all of them.

Not sure how big that true freshman QB actually is but there's no way he should be driving us back and physically dominating the LBs, safeties, and even DL trying to tackle him. Something was off there. We usually drive everyone back when we make a tackle.

On a side note.. we didn't let Maria Taylor wear the turnover chain because we didn't want anyone outside the program to wear it or it was bad luck.. that's exactly what Pinckney said... why the **** did we let that bytch wear it today? I'm not superstitious but for the people that are....

Alysson Williams (that bvtch) is a UM grad.

You'd also think we were a 4-8 team from your post, not sure why it got so many upvotes. You called the whole team/coaching staff terrible. Another HS coach with terrible hot takes, CIS tradition I guess

because it was factual. If you weren’t saying the same **** to yourself pre to post game, you’re out of your mind. Her wearing that chain and Joel making these weird glances to his left were unsettling.

Well it's been almost 2 full years of it....and seeing as the offense as a whole is Richt's responsibility, that's all on him.

No argument, Richt bears ultimate responsibility, but the OL did and continues to need an infusion of talent. And another year in the S&C program. On a deeper roster FR like Donaldson are redshirting.

I hear you but Donaldson is a bad example...he'd be starting on most of the teams in the top 25. He's an elite guard prospect and deserves to be playing. It's been 2 different QB's with a several good skill position players and we still can't produce consistently on offense.

It boggles my ****ing mind that Richt is getting a free pass and everyone just wants to point a finger at a scapegoat all the time. Last year the battle cry was Kaaya and now, all of a sudden after 10 wins, it's Rosier. People stick their heads in the dirt and don't want to acknowledge the ROOT of the issue.

We need a dedicated OC. The ripple effect will help the entire staff and team. Richt gets to spend less time every week burying himself into offensive gameplanning and can instead do what head coaches and most of the top programs do....oversee both sides equally and from a higher altitude.

Who gives Richt a free pass? Yes, the offense has been inconsistent. Richt’s playcalling has left expert fans scratching their heads numerous times.

Are all the pieces in place? No.

Is there a magic scheme or playbook we’re not using? No.

Would another offensive mind help? Yes.

Despite this, Richt won a bowl game in his first season, the first for Miami in a decade. Miami won 15 consecutive games. Next Saturday, Miami plays in the ACC Championship Game for the first time, against a team that beat Miami 58-0, in Miami, two years ago.

The difference in Malik today and the rest of the season was he was not able to hit a single deep ball. This is pretty close to the same Malik that we've seen in every game in all other aspects. He missed Ahmmon deep twice, basically wide open, catch and run to the end zone or even just a big catch and have a shot at a FG or a few shots to the end zone. Missed Berrios once that would have been a TD, threw one behind Berrios that was at least a 20 yard gain, if he makes 1 man miss or turns it up the sideline is a TD or a huge gain.

Every other game we've hit Berrios for a big one, Jeff Thomas for a home run, Homer housed one, big play to Herndon. There was just no turning point for this offense today. Nothing built any confidence on the sideline. I thought maybe the TD to Ahmmon but it just wasn't a big enough play. The Berrios TD was garbage time... idgaf about that play. Too late.

The only answer we had was to switch to Evan instead of Malik? That was a pathetic attempt at starting something. This teams rides and dies on Malik making plays when we need it. We did nothing different. No designed QB runs that ate away at ND. No wild cat with Deejay that helped vs VT. No Malik rolling out of the pocket. No RB running routes up field. We tried to go 5 wide to identify the blitz and make things simple and we couldn't protect worth a **** or we just couldn't hit a guy in a tight window. End of story. You've gotta be able to do SOMETHING. We couldn't do any of it today.

And to cap it off... Feagles is terrible, Braxton called for 2 awful fair catches with 5-10 yards to run and have a chance to make a guy miss, our KR coverage is very bad, punt coverage is no better, and Jeff Thomas has no business returning kicks. He runs to the exact same spot every time. Right outside the right hash like clockwork. Made one decent return when he cut a little towards the middle of the field. Watch the kickoff coverage for the other team from a field view and they're angling themselves there every time. They know. QB, OL, & ST cost us this game in a combination of terrible effort by all of them.

Not sure how big that true freshman QB actually is but there's no way he should be driving us back and physically dominating the LBs, safeties, and even DL trying to tackle him. Something was off there. We usually drive everyone back when we make a tackle.

On a side note.. we didn't let Maria Taylor wear the turnover chain because we didn't want anyone outside the program to wear it or it was bad luck.. that's exactly what Pinckney said... why the **** did we let that bytch wear it today? I'm not superstitious but for the people that are....

Alysson Williams (that bvtch) is a UM grad.

You'd also think we were a 4-8 team from your post, not sure why it got so many upvotes. You called the whole team/coaching staff terrible. Another HS coach with terrible hot takes, CIS tradition I guess

I'm not a HS coach. I didn't say a single thing about the coaching staff. I questioned a few adjustments or lack there of as far as being creative but I do understand it in a way. Instead of scheming up some misdirection or a wrinkle like QB runs we simplified into 5 wide or max protection. We could have executed from that and had opportunities to do so. I'd laugh at you in the face if you tried to tell me I'm wrong about any of that. Maybe I'm overreacting about Thomas returning kicks but idk. He definitely runs to the exact spot 75% of his returns.. could be instructed? Lewis was just as dull in the return game last year. Probably Richt wanting consistency and conservative approach and if execution is perfect it breaks a big one. Something is off, blocking or returning but I don't know what and nobody does except who is running the show.

There was no energy today. That's fine. We should have beat them anyway. Defense did a **** of a job for the time they were on the field and obviously wore down. Offense has to create some energy via big play, that's just who we are and we'll live or die by it. Or capitalize on energy from the D and we failed at that multiple times.

I thought playcalling was fine. Hard to tell because nothing ever had a chance in the run game... god I wish we landed Amir Watts. He blew us up all day. His PFF rating will be in the 89-92 range. Probably DLine POTW in ACC. And Rosier was abysmal. No way around it. Opportunities were there and plays weren't made. Blame whoever you want, accuse me of blaming whoever. But it's reality that it wasn't good enough and many fingers can be pointed.

Advertisement
Roseir finish the bowl game and next spring fair game with Perry hope he's been hiting those weights and he'll have the playbook down also

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

It boggles my ****ing mind that Richt is getting a free pass and everyone just wants to point a finger at a scapegoat all the time. Last year the battle cry was Kaaya and now, all of a sudden after 10 wins, it's Rosier. People stick their heads in the dirt and don't want to acknowledge the ROOT of the issue.

Who gives Richt a free pass? Yes, the offense has been inconsistent. Richt’s playcalling has left expert fans scratching their heads numerous times.

Despite this, Richt won a bowl game in his first season, the first for Miami in a decade. Miami won 15 consecutive games. Next Saturday, Miami plays in the ACC Championship Game for the first time, against a team that beat Miami 58-0, in Miami, two years ago.

Don't cite last year as any sort of argument on BEHALF of Richt...we ****ed away the month of October last year and gave away a Coastal title that should have been ours. Our schedule the last 2 years has been EXTREMELY favorable.

We'll see what happens next Saturday but we got rid of the last 3 coaches because we grossly underachieved given our talent level. Last year we failed to win the Coastal, again. Today we ****ed away a winnable game and our coach had the brain fart of all brain farts with 11 minutes to go in a game where we still had a chance.

Those are the facts as of today. My opinion is that we need a dedicated OC if we want to take the next step.

yes there is

ITS CALLED run a PRO-STYLE OFFENSE

the RPO only works if your QB is on fire... game in and game out. period. no room for error

Don't cite last year as any sort of argument on BEHALF of Richt...we ****ed away the month of October last year and gave away a Coastal title that should have been ours. Our schedule the last 2 years has been EXTREMELY favorable.

We'll see what happens next Saturday but we got rid of the last 3 coaches because we grossly underachieved given our talent level. Last year we failed to win the Coastal, again. Today we ****ed away a winnable game and our coach had the brain fart of all brain farts with 11 minutes to go in a game where we still had a chance.

Those are the facts as of today. My opinion is that we need a dedicated OC if we want to take the next step.

I don’t disagree Richt needs a dedicated OC. We both know Richt won’t reliquish playcalling duties. So harping about it is only going to upset you. Enjoy.

To me, the best scenario is an OL assistant focusing on the running game, while Searles focuses on the OL and the passing game. I’ve seen other teams do with success.

I disagree we grossly underachieved. I think we’ve overachieved.

Our roster lacks quality and experienced depth at numerous positions. All except DL. No depth at LB, and true FR playing key roles in the secondary. Redwine and Jackson were written off as JAGs but have been coached into playing well. Offensively, our two best players on offense have been out, or hobbled. We rely on a true FR to have a speed threat at WR. One TE of note. One RB whose played well, the other a true FR who was moved from WR midseason. OL - no need to start. QB - the same. Some young blood for 2018 and beyond.

I’ll wager there are at least 20 JAGs still on this team. Rules only allow replacing so many players, so as fans we have to deal.

We’ve improved across the board while relying on a number of true freshman on offense and defense.

Last season and this season.

Perfect? No.

Advertisement

I don’t disagree Richt needs a dedicated OC. We both know Richt won’t reliquish playcalling duties. So harping about it is only going to upset you. Enjoy.

To me, the best scenario is an OL assistant focusing on the running game, while Searles focuses on the OL and the passing game. I’ve seen other teams do with success.

Our roster lacks quality and experienced depth at numerous positions. All except DL. No depth at LB, and true FR playing key roles in the secondary. Redwine and Jackson were written off as JAGs but have been coached into playing well. Offensively, our two best players on offense have been out, or hobbled. We rely on a true FR to have a speed threat at WR. One TE of note. One RB whose played well, the other a true FR who was moved from WR midseason. OL - no need to start. QB - the same. Some young blood for 2018 and beyond.

I’ll wager there are at least 20 JAGs still on this team. Rules only allow replacing so many players, so as fans we have to deal.

We’ve improved across the board while relying on a number of true freshman on offense and defense.

Perfect? No.

Well all I can say is I grossly disagree with your opinion. I pretty much disagree to the highest degree possible. We had more than enough talent to win the Coastal last year and ****ed away 4 winnable games, largely on the back of **** poor play calling by the commander in chief.

I'll complain about it all I want since it could conceivably hold us back in the foreseeable future....especially when he's responsible for the side of the ball that's been underachieving heavily for the past 2 years even with 2 different QB's.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but in my eyes the jury is still VERY MUCH out on Richt the playcaller/OC/offensive gameplanner. People on this site are quick to throw the book at a scapegoat player but the players come and go...it's the system that is at the heart of it all. The man is **** bent on trying to orchestrate the offensive system HIMSELF.....so get use to him being criticized cause if we have another pathetic offensive showing next week it's only going to get louder.

And I also disagree with you about him never giving up the OC duties....if there's one positive thing I've noticed about him is that he does at least make an intent to make changes, which I've given him full credit for in the past. I don't always agree with his decisions but at least he tries....I think if the offense struggles again next week and then next year we see similar results he'll eventually delegate the role. My concern then becomes does he delegate it to his son instead of bringing in an outside experienced quality OC....but I guess we'll leave that discussion for down the road.

Perfect? No.

Well all I can say is I grossly disagree with your opinion. I pretty much disagree to the highest degree possible. We had more than enough talent to win the Coastal last year and ****ed away 4 winnable games, largely on the back of **** poor play calling by the commander in chief.

I'll complain about it all I want since it could conceivably hold us back in the foreseeable future....especially when he's responsible for the side of the ball that's been underachieving heavily for the past 2 years even with 2 different QB's.

Everyone has a right to their opinion but in my eyes the jury is still VERY MUCH out on Richt the playcaller/OC/offensive gameplanner. People on this site are quick to throw the book at a scapegoat player but the players come and go...it's the system that is at the heart of it all. The man is **** bent on trying to orchestrate the offensive system HIMSELF.....so get use to him being criticized cause if we have another pathetic offensive showing next week it's only going to get louder.

And I also disagree with you about him never giving up the OC duties....if there's one positive thing I've noticed about him is that he does at least make an intent to make changes, which I've given him full credit for in the past. I don't always agree with his decisions but at least he tries....I think if the offense struggles again next week and then next year we see similar results he'll eventually delegate the role. My concern then becomes does he delegate it to his son instead of bringing in an outside experienced quality OC....but I guess we'll leave that discussion for down the road.

Fair enough. I enjoy your posts and analysis, even when I disagree.

We shouldn’t be this inept on 3rd down offense, and shouldn’t have to feel like it’s going to be a struggle to move the ball on offense on every drive. It’s annoying af

Advertisement
I was at the game...had seats on 50in upperdeck so it gave a great view of the plays as they happened. On all the throws rosier made you could actually tell a second or so after the pass on deep throws that the ball was overthrown by 10yds. Was frustrating to watch

as I've told others..

make sure you show yourself in hurricane visions post later on this week so you can criticize how wide open our receivers are.

there's ZERO wrong with the play calling and his posts have reiterated it time and time again

if you want a coach, get an offensive line coach or a qb coach ( ST coach goes without saying ). Because rosier is a 1 read and go quarterback with a pitiful offensive line.

once again, the WR's are WIDE open.. wtf do you want?

I’m not a X’s and O’s guy so I am hoping someone with some knowledge can explain to me why we struggle on Offense so much. I understand CMR needs time to bring his guys and fix some of the issues at hand; however, today’s loss wasn’t simply on lack of talent. Rosier had a terrible game but is it really simply all on him? Not buying it! We struggle on Offense even when we win. Is it the RPO? Is it a lack of creativity on Offense? Are we too predictable or one dimensional? Do we need a real OC? Despite our success this season, we all knew our struggles on Offense would come back to haunt us. Can this be fixed this off season?

The offensive scheme had been steadily improving heading into this game and I thought the offense was fairly successful in prior weeks.

The run game is vanilla which doesn't do any favors to a line that struggles to generate movement at the point of attack. This is something Richt needs to address in the offseason - incorporate more variety of formations, motion and misdirection/split flow to surprise and stress the defense.

Yesterday Pitt eliminated the run game by stacking the box and leaving their corners in man coverage with a 1-high safety look. This happens at every level of football and only the most powerful running teams can have success running into 8-man boxes. Pitt coach Narduzzi essentially dared Rosier to make a play and Richt made the proper adjustment to abandon the run game and attack with a vertical passing game. When Miami played the same man-free coverage the freshman Pitt QB hit the skinny posts and deep digs for big conversions.

Newsflash: Rosier couldn't hit the broad side of the barn with wide open receivers every play. When they blitzed he dropped his eyes and got engulfed by the rush instead of calmly throwing into the void created by the blitz. When he made the right read his wind-up was so long and release point so low that several passes were batted at the line. It was one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a QB, and might have been the worst for real if he turned the ball over more.

Brad Kaaya caught a lot of flack on this site but if he's QB yesterday the score is something like 34-17 Miami.

Advertisement
They stacked the box, dared malik to beat him and he couldn’t due to his inaccuracies. Go to be better next week period..

Last edited:
As much as yesterday was on Rosier...the complete lack of any running game did not help at all. Where did the creativity we saw against VT and ND go? Yesterday was just so vanilla and blah. Yes, we had receivers running wide open all game. Obviously rosey couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn yesterday. So...do something different!

That to me is just as frustrating as Rosier’s **** of a game.

We couldn’t run inside zone, we couldn’t run outside zone, we couldn’t run Rosier on the QB read draw like we have the past couple weeks, so IMO MR should have done something different in the run game. Run a little jet motion like we have seen sparingly, and use DJ on the counter. Try to create some leverage against the D, something, anything!

I was at the game yesterday so I am only just now watching the broadcast to see if I missed anything but **** do something different coach.

Is guys weren't open all **** day I'd probably agree with you, but the plays were there to be made and Malik just couldn't put the ball in the right spot.

Definitely not enough movement before the snap....use Thomas and Harley as decoys to offset the D.....add a double reverse or half back pass to help open it up.....cannot keep trying the same stuff when it's not working.... Rosier was off why didn't we use wildcat? Richt has got to find a way to get the offense off to a fast start...when they come out flat with easy to read plays.... it's hard for anyone to get in a rythm after a few bad possessions...it also causes the opps D to pick up more confidence ...gotta come out with your best plays to attack the defense you're facing.... can't worry about showing your hand...all that does it cause your offense to be in a funk....hoping to make big plays down the stretch...this week Richt gotta exploit Clemsons weaknesses early on or it's gonna be another long day...IMO

Advertisement
Back