Is there something fundamentally wrong with our Offense?

Fundamentally, we struggle with sustaining drives. A lot of
our TD’s come from big plays. You sustain drives with a running game and accurate short to mid passing game. We struggle with those.

I feel like we've struggled to sustain a damned drive since 2002. It's chunk plays or bust for us.

Advertisement
I know he won't...but I'll KEEP saying that we would be a better team with a dedicated OC.

I'm fine with Richt as the head coach and figurehead of the program...but for the love of God freeing himself up from the minutia of playcalling can do nothing but positives in terms of his in game management and ability to direct the team from a higher altitude on gameday. This offense still has stretches were it just completely ignores the short middle of the field and becomes WAY too predictable. By my count we have 6 or 7 "staple" plays and it's gotten to the point where they are becoming increasingly obvious when those "6 or 7" plays are coming.

One of those "6 or 7" is the bubble to the slot receiver. We've got idiots on this board that want to blame everything on Rosier citing that he missed that bubble 2 or 3 times today, which he absolutely did, but those same idiots won't acknowledge that even THOSE BUBBLES HAD BEEN CAUGHT THERE WERE DEFENDERS IN CLOSE PROXIMITY READY TO MAKE A TACKLE.

So here we sit with the short sided morons yelling about Rosier missing bubbles....I'd argue the problem is deeper. The offense is too predictable and only attacks certain parts of the field on a consistent basis. I have a real problem with some of the down and distance decision making as well.

it was a well played and coached game by their D, where in hind sight we had what ended up being 1 opportunity to win the game and he missed Berrios to possibly go up 14-3, pthereise PITT played very solid

I know he won't...but I'll KEEP saying that we would be a better team with a dedicated OC.

I'm fine with Richt as the head coach and figurehead of the program...but for the love of God freeing himself up from the minutia of playcalling can do nothing but positives in terms of his in game management and ability to direct the team from a higher altitude on gameday. This offense still has stretches were it just completely ignores the short middle of the field and becomes WAY too predictable. By my count we have 6 or 7 "staple" plays and it's gotten to the point where they are becoming increasingly obvious when those "6 or 7" plays are coming.

One of those "6 or 7" is the bubble to the slot receiver. We've got idiots on this board that want to blame everything on Rosier citing that he missed that bubble 2 or 3 times today, which he absolutely did, but those same idiots won't acknowledge that even THOSE BUBBLES HAD BEEN CAUGHT THERE WERE DEFENDERS IN CLOSE PROXIMITY READY TO MAKE A TACKLE.

So here we sit with the short sided morons yelling about Rosier missing bubbles....I'd argue the problem is deeper. The offense is too predictable and only attacks certain parts of the field on a consistent basis. I have a real problem with some of the down and distance decision making as well.

Jedi, is it just me or does Ahmonn Richards not run a lot of different routes? It seems like teams understand this and sit on his patterns.

Advertisement
The difference in Malik today and the rest of the season was he was not able to hit a single deep ball. This is pretty close to the same Malik that we've seen in every game in all other aspects. He missed Ahmmon deep twice, basically wide open, catch and run to the end zone or even just a big catch and have a shot at a FG or a few shots to the end zone. Missed Berrios once that would have been a TD, threw one behind Berrios that was at least a 20 yard gain, if he makes 1 man miss or turns it up the sideline is a TD or a huge gain.

Every other game we've hit Berrios for a big one, Jeff Thomas for a home run, Homer housed one, big play to Herndon. There was just no turning point for this offense today. Nothing built any confidence on the sideline. I thought maybe the TD to Ahmmon but it just wasn't a big enough play. The Berrios TD was garbage time... idgaf about that play. Too late.

The only answer we had was to switch to Evan instead of Malik? That was a pathetic attempt at starting something. This teams rides and dies on Malik making plays when we need it. We did nothing different. No designed QB runs that ate away at ND. No wild cat with Deejay that helped vs VT. No Malik rolling out of the pocket. No RB running routes up field. We tried to go 5 wide to identify the blitz and make things simple and we couldn't protect worth a **** or we just couldn't hit a guy in a tight window. End of story. You've gotta be able to do SOMETHING. We couldn't do any of it today.

And to cap it off... Feagles is terrible, Braxton called for 2 awful fair catches with 5-10 yards to run and have a chance to make a guy miss, our KR coverage is very bad, punt coverage is no better, and Jeff Thomas has no business returning kicks. He runs to the exact same spot every time. Right outside the right hash like clockwork. Made one decent return when he cut a little towards the middle of the field. Watch the kickoff coverage for the other team from a field view and they're angling themselves there every time. They know. QB, OL, & ST cost us this game in a combination of terrible effort by all of them.

Not sure how big that true freshman QB actually is but there's no way he should be driving us back and physically dominating the LBs, safeties, and even DL trying to tackle him. Something was off there. We usually drive everyone back when we make a tackle.

On a side note.. we didn't let Maria Taylor wear the turnover chain because we didn't want anyone outside the program to wear it or it was bad luck.. that's exactly what Pinckney said... why the **** did we let that bytch wear it today? I'm not superstitious but for the people that are....

Alysson Williams (that bvtch) is a UM grad.

You'd also think we were a 4-8 team from your post, not sure why it got so many upvotes. You called the whole team/coaching staff terrible. Another HS coach with terrible hot takes, CIS tradition I guess

We need to run more uptempo & move the pocket as well.

Rosier needs to make some throws from a moving pocket & needs to have the field shortened up, he struggles going through his reads & doesn't know how to check the ball down.

Need to run more quick slants & sluggos that allow him to get rid of the ball quickly, when he's forced to sit back there he tends to overthrow the ball because he's forcing the play, Richt needs to simplify things for him.

Also wish we would implement some Spread concepts in this Offense, everything is straight ahead & our run game is extremely predictable & easy to gage. We literally only run a variation of the same 3 run plays, that routinely get stuffed.

Ditto on the uptempo. It would have worn down their DL and helped Rosier get into a rhythm.

Keeping it a 100!

Advertisement
Biggest issue is the running game.

Homer has more 1 yard runs than any RB I can recall. We miss Walton and the OL has not been able to establish the run early in games since September.

Jedi, is it just me or does Ahmonn Richards not run a lot of different routes? It seems like teams understand this and sit on his patterns.

It's a **** shame because it looks to me like the kid has been limited for the majority of the season. Maybe they don't want him changing directions too much which could explain why he seemingly has only run "9" ish type routes (go, fades, fade stops).

I don't know, maybe this all stems from game planning. All I know is the offense has been underperforming, under 2 different quarterbacks, for the majority of the last two years.

It's a **** shame because it looks to me like the kid has been limited for the majority of the season. Maybe they don't want him changing directions too much which could explain why he seemingly has only run "9" ish type routes (go, fades, fade stops).

I don't know, maybe this all stems from game planning. All I know is the offense has been underperforming, under 2 different quarterbacks, for the majority of the last two years.

that's a great point about his hamstring, I can only recall one time he ran a true crossing route and that was his first game back against Duke(that he housed)

that's a great point about his hamstring, I can only recall one time he ran a true crossing route and that was his first game back against Duke(that he housed)

My kingdom for more crossing routes. I've been yelling for this for the past 5 years.

Advertisement
Malik is a baseball player that needs a real QB coach. Not Daddy’s son. He also needs an OC and play-calling that doesn’t consistently put him behind the sticks. He’s regressing. Can’t even go through his progressions, and his deep ball accuracy is getting worse.

Last game of the year vs WVU last year, Brad looked like **** for 3 quarters before throwing a simple comeback and having 82 take it to the house. Before that, we got the same stagnant and inconsistent offense. Difference is.. Brad was pro=style trained and Rosier is a baseball player that needs real development.

Advertisement
Seems everybody we play has a better QB than us, and at one time we were QB U

Funny thing, I had the thought today... I'd take 7-8 of the QBs we faced this year over the one we have. I know we've been winning, but it has not been because of Rosier, but in spite of him. It was just a matter of time before his crappy play cost us. Today was that day.

Disagree. If you want to discredit Rosier’s failings you have to credit Rosier’s success.

Bill Parcells had a great quote about QBs. ‘You are your record’.

Rosier is 11-1 as a starter.

Malik is a baseball player that needs a real QB coach. Not Daddy’s son. He also needs an OC and play-calling that doesn’t consistently put him behind the sticks. He’s regressing. Can’t even go through his progressions, and his deep ball accuracy is getting worse.

Last game of the year vs WVU last year, Brad looked like **** for 3 quarters before throwing a simple comeback and having 82 take it to the house. Before that, we got the same stagnant and inconsistent offense. Difference is.. Brad was pro=style trained and Rosier is a baseball player that needs real development.

Palabra.

Yes, the OL can’t perform fundamentals, like blocking.

Well it's been almost 2 full years of it....and seeing as the offense as a whole is Richt's responsibility, that's all on him.

No argument, Richt bears ultimate responsibility, but the OL did and continues to need an infusion of talent. And another year in the S&C program. On a deeper roster FR like Donaldson are redshirting.

What game did you watch?

Richards caught that pass in the second quarter and then kaaya went on a tear.

Advertisement
Back