Is there another Lashlee out there?

It’s been established previously that he logs off promptly and likely never views the thread again after posting.

I’m a huge fan, and that’s no joke.

I can’t emphasize this enough.
DF249FA8-96FA-4734-A523-F4F51F5CCD50.jpeg

Advertisement
TVD ranked Top 10 in the country in yards per attempt with Lashlee. this year he ranked 64th. Mario’s last QB at Oregon ranked 63rd. in 2020 Lashlee’s offense ranked 21st in plays of 20+ yards. in 2021 they ranked 35th.

short yardage game crazy.
Josh Gattis is what you get when you worry more about converting 3rd and 1 than actually scoring points. His entire offense was completely built around getting into 3rd and short instead of explosive plays and scoring touchdowns.

Porsters here were absolutely positive that Miami’s running game was unstoppable and only Lashlee’s lack of variety was holding it back. We bring in Gattis who calls 25 different run plays and the running game actually got worse.

The inability of incorporating the run game into the offense was going to become a progressively bigger issue for Lashlee had he stayed. He's light years ahead of Gattis, but that also doesn't make him elite.

Advertisement
Dude ran a one-dimensional offense and went 7-5 at Miami—yet some of you suck this guy off like he was Norm Chow at USC in 2004.

Get a grip.
Without him Miami would have went 0-12.

His offense only became one dimensional when they ran out of running backs halfway through the 2021 season. The averaged 160 yards per game rushing for the entire 2020 season and half the 2021 season. Then, when they running game went south, he was able to keep the offense scoring at a high rate by switching to a pass heavy offense. It’s called adjusting to the players you have available. Something that none of the bums on the 2022 staff knew how to do. It’s why we’re already replacing the OC, QB coach and WR coach.

Can someone pull the old posts on what posters were saying about SMUs head coach while he was here??? Guy has been elevated to Andy Reid because Gattis was a trainwreck!

Treating this as if it is real - Lashlee was an improvement over what we had at OC for a long time, but that's more of a commentary on our terrible leadership and hiring practices. The fact that he had an affective, up-tempo game was good, but the fact that he sucked at game day play calling, especially as it related to running plays, was not good. I wish him well at SMU, but we can do far better.

The best OC we've had since our glory years was Fisch, who is so good that he did it in the NFL and now is the HC of a P5 school.

Really hoping against hope that Mario gets this one right. I don't completely blame him for Gattis - the guy ran the kind of O that he likes and just won the Broyles - but this is what he gets paid 8mill a year to do. I'm rooting for MC, but he really can't afford to guess wrong again...at least not twice in a row.
Stevens was our best

Advertisement
There's a GAGGLE of of innovative air raid OCs in the G5/FCS/lower P5 that can be had for cheaper than what we paid Gattis.

My favorites....

Love this response with young, vital, creative unknowns that could innovate. I loved how each coach during the 80's changed football by changing the game. Schnellenberger with the pro offense, Stevens read and react, Erickson with the one back, and yes...Lashlee. I hate trying to be like everyone else. Of these mentioned KEVIN DECKER looks like a fit, unfortunately I think Mario has his own system that will win games but never dominate like we experienced in the 80's and then with Butch. I want a Shula type who beats you with his own and would beat you with your own team. Innovation to the extreme. Get me a radical newbie like the high school coach who never punts, crazy but winning.

I’ve always felt like some Miami fans have a very...distorted view of Lashlee’s tenure here. Sure, our passing game looked good(at times), but our running game was softer than Duncan Hines. I guess when you’ve been eating Spam for a long time, McDonalds would be considered an improvement, but do you really want to take your family out to dinner there on a Saturday night?

I’ve always felt like some Miami fans have a very...distorted view of Lashlee’s tenure here. Sure, our passing game looked good(at times), but our running game was softer than Duncan Hines. I guess when you’ve been eating Spam for a long time, McDonalds would be considered an improvement, but do you really want to take your family out to dinner there on a Saturday night?
I feel like other fans have a very…distorted view of what Miami football has been over the last 20 years.

Advertisement
Love this response with young, vital, creative unknowns that could innovate. I loved how each coach during the 80's changed football by changing the game. Schnellenberger with the pro offense, Stevens read and react, Erickson with the one back, and yes...Lashlee. I hate trying to be like everyone else. Of these mentioned KEVIN DECKER looks like a fit, unfortunately I think Mario has his own system that will win games but never dominate like we experienced in the 80's and then with Butch. I want a Shula type who beats you with his own and would beat you with your own team. Innovation to the extreme. Get me a radical newbie like the high school coach who never punts, crazy but winning.
This a Dean Browning moment?

...McDonalds would be considered an improvement, but do you really want to take your family out to dinner there on a Saturday night?

Depends on the line at Chick fil A as people try to get their fix in before the Sunday withdrawals.

Last edited:
PUT SOME RESPECK ON FRAGGLE'S NAME

Advertisement
In his two season at Miami, he never won the coastal. He lost to FSU 50% of the time. Never beat UNC.
But some fans are all…

….but that jam though. Player was the deal back in the day. And the way the lead singer walks up to the mic and go straight groove……that’s real deal!

Yes, I’m that old.

In his two season at Miami, he never won the coastal. He lost to FSU 50% of the time. Never beat UNC.
But some fans are all…

Had to circle back to this post and give the content a rating:

Post - Super F (trending towards being expelled)
Video - A+

You managed to give your best and worst in the same post.

Advertisement
Back