Is our Safety group Elite....

JOE'CANE

Senior
I know we got some JAGs but Hall, Bolden, Smith, and Tae are some dudes. Hall and Tae in particular may have 1st round talent.

If these guys get it together we might be an elite defense again. We've had the most success on defense under Diaz when our safeties play well.

Advertisement
I know we got some JAGs but Hall, Bolden, Smith, and Tae are some dudes. Hall and Tae in particular may have 1st round talent.

If these guys get it together we might be an elite defense again. We've had the most success on defense under Diaz when our safeties play well.

At his current pace, Hall will have First Round Management, not first round talent.

We do have a ton of potential, Now it’s time to see it realized, but you have to imagine having ER20 on campus can’t do anything but help a group of guys with insane potential

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bolden is the best currently on the roster. Wasn't impressed with Hall last season, for his size. Lets see if that changes.

Funny Tae is that highly rated standing the same height as Jaquan Johnson. I am sure the undersized mantra will chase him during his time here, and that sucks. He better lay wood like quan.

Advertisement
I said it several times during the season and I’ll say it again: Bolden is the straw that stirs the drink.

Although I prefer Hall, the other guys were pretty much interchangeable when playing besides bolden. Hall, Knowles, Carter and Smith are all better playing downhill. Bolden was the only guy that had legit range. When he got injured, it showed.

Bolden/Hall is an above-average ACC safety unit. Bolden/anyone else is average, IMO. No Bolden/anyone else is below average.

I see having a good january has the slurpers saying Tae is elite, based on his recruiting ranking. Coincidentally, I clicked a link on 247 yesterday that showed UM’s all time highest recruits (went back to around 2000 or so). Lots of blast from the past names like Jolla, Leggett, Arthur Brown... link here:

The one name that jumped out was Latwan Anderson. I was fairly new to recruiting when he signed, maybe my 2nd or 3rd year following it. I remember being super excited. Googled his name yesterday. He is doing 7 years in Ohio state prison for a series of violent armed robberies.

Point being, slow down on Tae.

Bolden is the best currently on the roster. Wasn't impressed with Hall last season, for his size. Lets see if that changes.

Funny Tae is that highly rated standing the same height as Jaquan Johnson. I am sure the undersized mantra will chase him during his time here, and that sucks. He better lay wood like quan.
He's quicker and faster than Quan, but lacks the same football instincts. Let's see if he can master that part of the game.

Advertisement

Bolden is the most talented of the group.

He's quicker and faster than Quan, but lacks the same football instincts. Let's see if he can master that part of the game.

Also let's see if he can beat out keontra smith and anybody else on the back end, we got guys on the roster who are not just going to lay down their spots!

Advertisement
Back