Is Morris our best QB since Dorsey?

..... naw Jacory, Kyle Wright, and KirbyFreeman set the bar to high. -_-

Honestly though Morris can be better then Dorsey... he just has to lead UM to victories over FSU, UF, and win the Orange bowl this year to get that kind of respect.

this is beyond ridiculous. Morris has done nothing to draw comparisons to Dorsey, much less to "be better th[a]n" him.

Advertisement
Larry,

I would take Junior Morris over Harris, sure Harris had great games but I would be vomiting at the chance of multiple interceptions, lack of arm strength and no feel for the game (slow to the line during 2 min drill).

I am not a fan.

That's fair. I'm just taking their careers as they are right now. Even Jacory's senior season v. Morris' junior season would be a push at best for Morris, for me. I thought until the BC game, Jacory was showing his talent, even though he was kind of a lost cause at that point.

Harris' biggest wart was his INTs (along with some personality issues, but whatever...also hindered big time by Whipple's awful playcalling)...his INTs often came on the deep ball. Fisch reeled those in, in his first year here and let Jacory do what Jacory did best and for all but his final game, he was on point and consistent.

By mid-season 2013, Morris may very well surpass Jacory...its not some lofty mountain to climb...its just right now, having what we have on each player...I think Jacory had a better career. Both insanely inconsistent. Jacory just won bigger games, which puts him over the edge right now.

Last edited:
Larry,

I would take Junior Morris over Harris, sure Harris had great games but I would be vomiting at the chance of multiple interceptions, lack of arm strength and no feel for the game (slow to the line during 2 min drill).

I am not a fan.

That's fair. I'm just taking their careers as they are right now. Even Jacory's senior season v. Morris' junior season would be a push at best for Morris, for me. I thought until the BC game, Jacory was showing his talent, even though he was kind of a lost cause at that point.

Harris' biggest wart was his INTs (along with some personality issues, but whatever...also hindered big time by Whipple's awful playcalling)...his INTs often came on the deep ball. Fisch reeled those in, in his first year here and let Jacory do what Jacory did best and for all but his final game, he was on point and consistent.

By mid-season 2013, Morris may very well surpass Jacory...its not some lofty mountain to climb...its just right now, having what we have on each player...I think Jacory had a better career. Both insanely inconsistent. Jacory just won bigger games, which puts him over the edge right now.

Jacory had a pretty good year his final year but I would NOT count on him for the game on the line, in fact I doubt he could ever match his FSU performance again. I go with Morris over Harris based on last year alone. Just wished we could have red****ted Morris one of those two seasons.

Larry,

I am not a fan.

Jacory had a pretty good year his final year but I would NOT count on him for the game on the line, in fact I doubt he could ever match his FSU performance again. I go with Morris over Harris based on last year alone. Just wished we could have red****ted Morris one of those two seasons.

Agree that I wish Morris would've redshirted as a freshman, but Spencer Whipple was just not the right man to be the #2.

Advertisement
Back