IS Miami looking to leave ACC..

Advertisement
If we do try to move to another conference (don't think we will) , it should be the B1G. Much better academic reputation than the SEC.
Yeah but the B1G is all cold weather schools and we have never played good in the cold.

Advertisement
Let's not forget, if we join the SEC, we get that Emmert Protection Racket. No more NCAA issues!

I heard the 247 podcast and they said when the SEC tv contract kicks in they'll make 4X what the ACC makes.

Wtf we doing here? At this point the entire ACC would be better off recreating the Big East and starting from scratch, or flooding the Big 12 because their tv contract will be renegotiated before the ACC's will be.

Advertisement
I'd be down with going to the Big Ten
HUH dog.gif

What happened to the BiG super conference discussions? ... tbh, I hope we stick around the ACC for a couple more years so we can leave after we're conference champions.

The officiating has definitely contributed to us missing out on a handful of ACC title game appearances. Our teams haven't been great but we get hosed in at least one conference game every season.

This is clown talk.

The Coastal is a ******* joke. The only thing contributing to Miami not winning it was Miami's ineptitude on all levels. That seems to be changing.

You guys want to go to the SEC and compete with them? Or do you want to go to B10 and play in the cold in Oct, Nov?

The ACC needs to make a serious play for a few SEC schools or ND and 1 SEC school to get to 16 full time members. One that fits the basketball profile and has a good football base too.

I’m thinking Auburn or Kentucky.

Swiping Kentucky basketball would be a serious move. Idk how likely it is or remotely possible.

Advertisement
Are yall smoking Angel Dust with this B1G talk???

Yall wanna travel to Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, Illinois & sh*t every fckin year?

We get screwed over in the ACC, you think them Midwestern traditionalist are going to let us go up there & take over their conference?

The ACC is really the only place that makes sense for us & the SEC would be a Death trap.

If we did move the only place we could go would be the Big XII & be the new premier school as the replacement for Texas & Oklahoma, but otherwise it’s either ACC or go Independent & going Independent would be a bad decision too because we’d be excommunicated from ever having a shot at the playoffs.

Yeah but the B1G is all cold weather schools and we have never played good in the cold.

I don't think it makes sense to pick a conference primarily on the weather. It's gets **** cold in the south too. It's 51 degrees in Ann Arbor today and 55 degrees in Columbus. 53 in Atlanta. B1G schools have access to 10 billion in research money and it has vastly superior academic reputation. The only sport that might have to deal with cold is football. Not going to be an issue for baseball or basketball. And on the flip side, the teams from the north are going to melt when it's 90 degrees with 90 percent humidity. So the weather advantage is evenly split (actually a little more in UMs favor since we have more home games than away games).

Regardless if true or not, I smh at the soft shoulders in this thread. We need to suck our thumbs in the corner because “we can’t even win the coastal and the mighty SEC will rail us?” What a defeatist attitude.

Advertisement
It’s got nothing to do with competition or who else is in our conference. It’s about the ridiculously poorly negotiated TV contract that the ACC is stuck with. When the new SEC deal kicks in, those schools will be making almost 4x’s as much money as the ACC schools are getting. It’s up to the commissioner and his lackeys in the ACC offices to renegotiate the TV deal and get these schools paid somewhere close to what the rest of the P5 conferences are getting or it won’t just be Miami looking for a way out. TV money is what pays the bills and no boosters or ticket sales would ever be able to make up the difference.

Are yall smoking Angel Dust with this B1G talk???

Yall wanna travel to Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Iowa, Illinois & sh*t every fckin year?

We get screwed over in the ACC, you think them Midwestern traditionalist are going to let us go up there & take over their conference?

The ACC is really the only place that makes sense for us & the SEC would be a Death trap.

If we did move the only place we could go would be the Big XII & be the new premier school as the replacement for Texas & Oklahoma, but otherwise it’s either ACC or go Independent & going Independent would be a bad decision too because we’d be excommunicated from ever having a shot at the playoffs.
I think one other super conference to rival the SEC is where this inevitably goes.

I think one other super conference to rival the SEC is where this inevitably goes.

That's what I thought was already in the works. And I thought the core was going to be the B1G and some of the top ACC teams including us. Wasn't that all the talk back a few months ago?

That's what I thought was already in the works. And I thought the core was going to be the B1G and some of the top ACC teams including us. Wasn't that all the talk back a few months ago?
They were talking about some bull**** loose alliance. I’m talking about a combination resulting in a new stand alone conference with 16 teams that would rival the SEC. I think the business case for that will prevail.

Advertisement
Back