IS Miami looking to leave ACC..

Advertisement
Eh I think canes should try to actually win the confrence a few times before ditching it…. If we can’t win ACC, anything else will be even uglier.
This has always been my thoughts on the subject. What good is being on TV for the fans if we are getting smacked. Look at our bowl games.

edit: it’s a money thing. But still, win the acc

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we do try to move to another conference (don't think we will) , it should be the B1G. Much better academic reputation than the SEC.
Only problem would be the Nov-Dec away games in Big 10 country. Awful. I grew up in Ann Arbor and was miserable for 5 months; Nov-March.

It was taken from Rads interview with Joe this AM about how the ACC needs to figure a better way to up the TV deal like the SEC.

Expansion would be the best option.

"Notre Dame, please pick up the white courtesy phone."

16 team ACC with 4, 4-team pods. 9 game conference schedule.

That said, **** the ACC. I hate this loser conference. They've let themselves become almost second-tier due to their giving the tobacco road schools too much influence. That, and the 'atlantic' and 'coastal' randomness will always be stupid.

When the other conferences expanded, they paid attention to nothing but potential revenue, when the ACC expanded, it was a bunch of individual school presidents acting *****ass, and conference leadership wasn't strong enough to tell them to shut up.

And this is the end result....

Advertisement
The bigger question is, will ACC survive intact when super conferences are formed in 2025?
Yes we’ll be one of three or four. The ACC isn’t going anywhere. If I had to guess, there will be four. Each conference will get two teams to represent them. The conference championship game winners will get a bye week. There will be four at large bids to be determined by a committee, along with seeding.

Only problem would be the Nov-Dec away games in Big 10 country. Awful. I grew up in Ann Arbor and was miserable for 5 months; Nov-March.

True. But having spent a good portion of my life in the South, I can tell you it also gets cold as balls in Lexington, Kentucky and in Knoxville, Tennessee in winter.

Advertisement
Expansion would be the best option.

"Notre Dame, please pick up the white courtesy phone."

16 team ACC with 4, 4-team pods. 9 game conference schedule.

That said, **** the ACC. I hate this loser conference. They've let themselves become almost second-tier due to their giving the tobacco road schools too much influence. That, and the 'atlantic' and 'coastal' randomness will always be stupid.
I would agree with you on the ACC.
What needs to happen for College football is a 6 team playoff.
Teams only play their conference, two divisions, no cross over games, you play one cupcake to open season, all teams in your conference, close with your rival (uif vs fspoo type games).
Top 2 play conference championship
Winner of Power 5 championship games get auto bids and you take 1 at large bid (undefeated non power 5 or highest rated power 5 team).

I think a merger and subsequent restructuring (dropping lower tier members) with one or two other P5 conferences is a possibility. I’m sure there is a way to navigate the TV contracts and voting rights to create a super conference through a combination.

If the Big Ten is remotely interested in jumping to 16 teams, Miami should be there with bells on.
We'll be in the ACC for a long time.

These switch conference talks are always amusing.

True, and the ACC is by far the best 'fit.'

However, Miami can't help the fact that the ACC sucks ***.

I would put the ACC's leadership up there with Miami's athletic department as far as incompetence over the last decade and a half.

I don't see SEC, Florida blocked us before we joined the ACC. If we joined the SEC those teams would hold nothing over Miami, biggest recruiting thing they have is we play in SEC. We would literally be able to walk into recruits houses and be like Da Crib, "big boy" SEC football, NIL and every other thing.
ACC should take UF out the SEC so we can guarantee them a couple whoopings every 4 seasons at least.

Advertisement
Back