IS Miami looking to leave ACC..

Advertisement
If UM football would have held up their end of the bargain the TV contract would have been bigger.

Untrue.

The Tobacco Road schools had us tied up with Jefferson Pilot for far too long. We were the LAST of the big conferences to strike a cable network deal, which is where the SEC and Big 10 are making the most money.

The regular TV contract is based on markets, which the ACC can deliver. Unfortunately, we waited over a decade too long to own our own content on our own network.

Just because Mario is going to build an SECesque team doesn’t mean we should leave the ACC. Well not right away. We got some payback to dish out first.

What's wrong with the TV deal? I saw all the Miami games (football) since the deal.

Yes, we should analyze everything from your perspective. YOU "saw all the Miami games". Good for you. Doesn't matter if we got PAID LESS for those games than what the SEC or Big 10 got paid for their games, but, hey, "dodaniels" got to "see all the Miami games".

I guess money doesn't matter anymore.

Advertisement
The officiating has definitely contributed to us missing out on a handful of ACC title game appearances. Our teams haven't been great but we get hosed in at least one conference game every season.

This shouldn't ever be forgotten, or understated.

To have the most, or near the most, penalties called on us in conference games, over a decade and a half, despite changing coaches, offensive and defensive styles, players, so on and so forth....

It's such a statistical red flag that it basically proves bias.

If I worked in Miami's athletic department I would be incredibly ****ed.

Yes, we should analyze everything from your perspective. YOU "saw all the Miami games". Good for you. Doesn't matter if we got PAID LESS for those games than what the SEC or Big 10 got paid for their games, but, hey, "dodaniels" got to "see all the Miami games".

I guess money doesn't matter anymore.
You still didn't answer the question. Also, I hoped you didn't expect to get paid more than the BIG 10 and SEC.

Florida blocking us from joining the SEC is just another on a long list of Florida moves made while menstruating. How their fans pound their chest about such a Vaginal school is beyond me.

Advertisement
This shouldn't ever be forgotten, or understated.

To have the most, or near the most, penalties called on us in conference games, over a decade and a half, despite changing coaches, offensive and defensive styles, players, so on and so forth....

It's such a statistical red flag that it basically proves bias.

If I worked in Miami's athletic department I would be incredibly ****ed.
Let's hope bringing in Mario as part of the change in discipline and culture cures the player side of this. Radokovich is well respected as well so hopefully his presence helps us with the conference hierarchy. One can only hope!

If this is true I would imagine it's more likely to force the ACC's hand at restructuring various aspects than Miami actually leaving. With the injection of money, Cristobal, and Clemson being down Miami may be in a strong position, football wise. This is the time to request those demands.

Advertisement
You still didn't answer the question. Also, I hoped you didn't expect to get paid more than the BIG 10 and SEC.

Nobody is saying, definitively, "more" than the Big 10 and SEC. But it would be nice to have a house in the same neighborhood.

We are WAY behind the Big 10 regular network broadcast TV deal, even as the southeastern US markets are booming (population-wise), while most of the Rust Belt is declining.

And we are over a decade behind on a conference-only "network" deal, where we are also stuck with less money and more years than what other conferences have.

Why is math so hard for you? Everyone else understands this except you.

Where are we going? SEC would be monumentally stupid as it would just serve to continue to cannibalize the SEC brand. I thought the alliance with the B12, B10 and Pac12 was going to kill all of this.
The "Alliance" will be less effective than the League of Nations.

Advertisement
i can see schools starting to hit the conference realignment portal like coaches and players are

as to uf blocking um into the sec, virginia tried to block vt til politicians got involved. not saying it'd happen here but there may be more to it than just uf

Expansion would be the best option.

"Notre Dame, please pick up the white courtesy phone."

16 team ACC with 4, 4-team pods. 9 game conference schedule.

That said, **** the ACC. I hate this loser conference. They've let themselves become almost second-tier due to their giving the tobacco road schools too much influence. That, and the 'atlantic' and 'coastal' randomness will always be stupid.

When the other conferences expanded, they paid attention to nothing but potential revenue, when the ACC expanded, it was a bunch of individual school presidents acting *****ass, and conference leadership wasn't strong enough to tell them to shut up.

And this is the end result....
This on steroids.

Bring in the ******* Irish to prepare the *** Clown Conference for Realignment and maybe UCF. ND will need to find a home anyway to go anywhere in the Expanded Playoff Format.

We don’t need to leave, just bring in the Irish to up the payouts.

Advertisement
Back