Is Manny dumb enough to...

Advertisement
Funny yall acting like Pope returning punts in the biggest game of the decade isn’t a fair topic.

Some of this fanbase is hysterical.

My only issue with you OP is that your using this decision as your basis to approve the HCs overall acumen.
I agree with the issue that Pope creates back there. He has not shown good decision making, zero vision, and has muffed two punts in three games back there.
I would ease his confidence with telling him we need him to focus on WR, where we need him to drastically improve anyway.
I think Restrepo only made a move like he did because of the circumstances, and he's trying to make a play to show out and earn more PT. So I do not blame him for trying to return that one.
Using the "road" game theory is different here IMO, there will not be nearly the crowd you would normally see, so I would not use that as big of a factor in my decision making as I would if it were a normal year.

I get why one would look for change. But I also know as a coach, you trust the guys you have known the longest. So I would understand if Manny stuck with his guy, I don't love the decision, but can respect it.

Continue to play Mark Pope at punt return?

You can’t trust this guy on the field for anything. If we trot him out on PR against Clemson that will tell you everything you need to know about Manny.
Far as I'm concerned Pope should come off the bench at receiver too. The guy been here 3 years now and can't get his act together. I'll live with the rookie making mistakes instead of seeing a veteran who been in the program for years making the same mistakes over and over.

Pope and Harley need to step up or step back and let guys who want to improve this team take their turn. Time for Manny to throw Payton, Redding, X, and Smith in the fire. They can't play worse than Pope and Harley.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With a heavy chance of rain this weekend o say sell out for the block but don’t hit the punter. I don’t want the rain making it any harder on pope

I saw Restrepo field one punt this season and it was a bad decision fielding a bouncing punt at full speed.
Why would that matter? He must be better just because.

Hard to believe that Manny would change punt returners and put somebody back there for the first time ever at night against Clemson. Whatever you think of Pope I'd be very surprised if he's not there.

Advertisement
Why would that matter? He must be better just because.

Hard to believe that Manny would change punt returners and put somebody back there for the first time ever at night against Clemson. Whatever you think of Pope I'd be very surprised if he's not there.

I hear what you're saying, but you have a guy who's proven to be a sketchy, unreliable returner vs someone (anyone) who may be unreliable due to a lack of experience.

I go with whoever hasn't already proven to be unreliable. How can anyone do that much worse than Pope's done so far?

Possibly

I mean he has left Jennings slow *** out there. He likes slow linebackers for some weird reason

Advertisement
if he's still at PR that means nobody else is as reliable.

Backups are always message boards favorite players until they play. Pope probably our best bet, just because he's struggled doesn't mean someone else is better suited to take the role

Continue to play Mark Pope at punt return?

You can’t trust this guy on the field for anything. If we trot him out on PR against Clemson that will tell you everything you need to know about Manny.
Everybody saying put rooster back there like they coach the team and see them in practice everyday lol maybe rooster can’t field punts either

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back