Is Manny dumb enough to...

Advertisement
I recall last season Patke and even Canes fans wanted JT4 returning punts, then Patke put KJ Osborne back there returning punts, and he turned out to be the best punt returner we’ve has since Berrios. KJ is now returning punts for the Vikings in the league as a rookie

So far, Pope hasn’t shown me great punt return skills, but I hope he proves me wrong. Fielding punts safely with good field position is the meat and potatoes of our punt return game. We need a safe PR first, then if the PR can break an occasional long punt return for us, then that is the gravy to poor on top

Advertisement
I saw Restrepo field one punt this season and it was a bad decision fielding a bouncing punt at full speed.

Forget the lack of explosive movement that Pope has (he simply isnt a burner like Thomas was).

Fumbling is the worst thing you can do as a PR. And he has done it twice, with the second time just being plain stupid by not letting a short punt just bounce and, instead, running full sprint at it without having proper positioning.

I would be very surprised if the job for the punt returner is not open in practice. At least have someone back there where the team knows that he makes the correct decisions and doesnt fumble.

I realized that Manny is not that smart
Hbo GIF by SuccessionHBO

Advertisement
Continue to play Mark Pope at punt return?

You can’t trust this guy on the field for anything. If we trot him out on PR against Clemson that will tell you everything you need to know about Manny.
Did you watch last season with Baxa? Sure he is.

Advertisement

You can’t trust this guy on the field for anything. If we trot him out on PR against Clemson that will tell you everything you need to know about Manny.
Patke amateur hour continues. OJT at Miami should never happen.

Advertisement

Reading your post tells me everything I need to know about you. Go back to your keyboard and quit trying to be something you aren't

No true freshman in a big game on the road. It’s got to be Pope. We’ve not lost yet with him. No need to change now.

Advertisement
Back