Is it too late to hire Mark Stoops?

Advertisement
The guy would not bring back the U. We do not need Mark Richt 2.0.

You want an AD gig Bob? Stay the **** away from my program as a coach. Stoops as AD? He cannot possibly be worse than ********.

Give me an innovative up and coming coach or a coach who has something to prove. Not guys wanting a golden parachute to sail off into the sunset.

Last edited:

You want an AD gig Mark? Stay the **** away from my program as a coach. Stoops as AD? He cannot possibly be worse than ********.

Give me an innovative up and coming coach or a coach who has something to prove. Not guys wanting a golden parachute to sail off into the sunset.
That's Bob. Lay off the booze.

Advertisement

You want an AD gig Mark? Stay the **** away from my program as a coach. Stoops as AD? He cannot possibly be worse than ********.

You do know who Mark Stoops is right?

To do what exactly?

He's 43-44 at Kentucky with ONE 10 win season in 7 years as a HC.

He wouldn't bring sh*t back. Is he better than Diaz, obviously, should he be hired as HC here? No.

If he wants to Coach DB's he can come back & do that all day.
That's funny considering he's one of the best coaches in Kentucky history. Also did a great job at FSU.

Advertisement
Honestly..just ride our manny..let the chips fall were they may..if manny can’t recruit he gone..if he loses he gone..fan base already lost hella respect for him..these countless threads alluding to the same topic ..each is own tho

Kentucky is historically a Basketball school, so the bar is extremely low.

He had a great season last year, but they came back down to Earth this year & will perpetually be a 6/7 win team at best.

That's no different than the last 15 years plus at Miami.

He's a very good DB coach, but he ain't leading us to any Coastal or ACC titles as a HC here.

We need a young innovative offensive minded HC that's had recent quick success, retread Old Canes from the 00's aren't going to work in this era.
I get it... Manny is a DC and failed, so the next coach just has to be an OC. And everything you said about Mark is wrong.

Advertisement
To do what exactly?

He's 43-44 at Kentucky with ONE 10 win season in 7 years as a HC.

He wouldn't bring sh*t back. Is he better than Diaz, obviously, should he be hired as HC here? No.

If he wants to Coach DB's he can come back & do that all day.
Real hard to coach DBs while at UM when you had the likes of Sean...Rolle...Marshall...Fitzgerald..etc....Lol

Advertisement
Mark is doing at Kentucky what Dan did at Miss St. Some would argue he’s doing a better job. Because - it’s fugging Kentucky.

That's basically the same point I was going to make. Difficult to gauge these guys who overachieve at regulated level.

I suppose we wanted him to win a national championship at Kentucky. That seems to be the only respected accomplishment.

For clarity purposes, their season win over/under this season was 6. That is the acknowledgment of their talent level in relation to the opponents, no matter what happened last season:

Well the last few Defensive minded Coaches we hired to be a HC here have pretty much all sh*t the bed so I guess the solution is to keep hiring the same prototype...

And what did I say about Mark that was wrong? I stated that he was 43-44 at Kentucky with ONE 10 win season in his career as a HC which is 100% fact. The rest was my opinion that he's not winning us any Coastal or ACC titles, which there's no way to definitely know, but if I were a betting man I'd place a pretty big wager on that being true if he was hired here.

Look I get it, he's a former Cane coach from back during the great era of Canes history, therefore it means he would automatically be the greatest coach ever in school history if hired, but the truth is that era is over & is NEVER going to return at Miami. None of the coaches from back in the day are going to "bring us back", not Paul Davis, Not Chud, Not Mario, not Schiano, not Mark Stoops, not Pagano & not even Ed Orgeron.

There is no "back" for Miami, we need to move forward & stop trying recreate the 90's/00's, no other program in the country is doing that, neither should we. We need to bring our Offense up to date to the 21st century & stop hiring Defensive HC's that wanna play old school slow *** 3 & out ball to showcase their "brilliant" Defenses.
What he did at Miami means nothing. What he did at Arizona, FSU, and Kentucky is what matters.

Advertisement
Back