Is it too late to hire Mark Stoops?

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's basically the same point I was going to make. Difficult to gauge these guys who overachieve at regulated level.

I suppose we wanted him to win a national championship at Kentucky. That seems to be the only respected accomplishment.

For clarity purposes, their season win over/under this season was 6. That is the acknowledgment of their talent level in relation to the opponents, no matter what happened last season:

they lost two QBs as well. They’ve been playing their best WR at QB for over half the season

Honestly..just ride our manny..let the chips fall were they may..if manny can’t recruit he gone..if he loses he gone..fan base already lost hella respect for him..these countless threads alluding to the same topic ..each is own tho

Exactly. Mark Stoops would be no different here than Manny Diaz.

In reality, the entire Stoops family coaching tree is highly overrated—even "Big Game Bob"; who for all his greatness in Norman, has one national title—2000—where Miami would've mopped the floor with his *** had it deservedly gotten to that game instead of Florida State.

Fans never like "the guy" and always get enamored with whoever is behind the guy, or another option.

Malik Rosier is sucking—give us N'Kosi Perry!

Perry sucks—give us Jarren Williams; he'll get it done!

Williams and Perry both backtrack this year—give us Tate Martell; he was undefeated in high school and did you see his Ohio State reel against Rutgers?? Kid just knows how to win!! He's "the guy".

Had Diaz gone to Temple and put together a crappy little 8-4 run similar to what Rod Carey did this year—and whoever Miami hired was anywhere between 8-4 and 6-6—everyone would've been up in arms that we "Let the architect of our defense get away!" and lamenting that he didn't get the game. Same way everyone sweats Mario out at Oregon; but would lose their **** if he was at UM and mismanaged the clock like he did against Auburn, or didn't the his team up to beat a crappy 7-5 Arizona State team, ultimately costing them a Playoff spot.

Advertisement
Just following up on my Chris Petersen comment, if this administration was ever serious about winning, following another abysmal season next season, would be the time to make a big move. Petersen will be recharged and you don't have to pay for a buyout to get him from another school to bring him here.

Just following up on my Chris Petersen comment, if this administration was ever serious about winning, following another abysmal season next season, would be the time to make a big move. Petersen will be recharged and you don't have to pay for a buyout to get him from another school to bring him here.

I wanted that dude to coach UM from the moment I saw what he did to Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl with his Boise State team.

Having said that, it’s not gonna happen.

Advertisement
1576014826166.png

Advertisement
we found a guy that knows what's going on

Wife’s a UK grad, so it’s been good for my heart to have another team to watch with no expectations. I actually started watching the Dolphins and am pushing our two boys towards Rays (over Braves) as well. Makes life so much easier.

our household has enough heartbreak bn Miami football and UK basketball

I highly recommend that Miami football / baseball fans drop any other teams you have high expectations for. Any of you who also pulls for Cowboys or Braves still? Sorry guys. I feel y’all and pray for y’all. Pay more attention to those teams. Life’s so much happier on this side.

took boys to see globetrotters last night. Was nice knowing our team would win from the get go—like the 2000-2004 Miami Hurricanes

I get it... Manny is a DC and failed, so the next coach just has to be an OC. And everything you said about Mark is wrong.

Yeah. No one had a problem with an OC as HC. Richt/Coker

As a hardcore UK fan and Cane fan obviously (my father and i havent missed a spring game in 10 years) I can honestly say I think he would win like crazy at Miami far more so than at UK.

Stoops is a FANTASTIC recruiter and a great defensive coach. But his offense has left much to be desired at UK. Think Saban pre Kiffin but obviously to a much lesser degree.

That has almost entirely been a talent issue.

His early record was bad, but we were the WORST team imaginable when he got here and lead us all the way to a 10 win season last year.

We haven't had a great year this season but

1. we lost the best LBer in the country (Josh Allen) to the draft

2. Lost the second best RB in the SEC (Benny Snell) to the draft,

3. Lost our our first AND second string QB this season to injury

4. played the remainder of the season using a WR at QB.

All this in the SEC at KENTUCKY with a 3rd of the talent Miami has. I would say all things considered he's had a great year.

That being said. You give him Miami's recruiting base, I have no doubt he would return Miami to form.

I think he would be a fantastic hire for Miami.

Anyone who doesn't think so probly hasn't followed the nuances of his performance at UK very closely.

I'm torn about him leaving, but I can't say,I wouldn't be excited about seeing what he could do at an elite program.

Petersen would be a slam dunk. But honestly, USC will probly scoop him up.

Advertisement
Back