Is it time for us to move away from pocket passers?

Stephen Morris has Miami w/ a 7-0 record and top 10 in the country

People can say that all they want but it doesn't change the fact that he's not good and that he deserves a tiny fraction of the credit

i'd say he deserves 50% of the credit b/c he's the QB..... Every TD that he threw was needed to win every game that Miami won so i dont see how he only derserves a tiny fraction of the credit.

Advertisement

this

Lmao.

Forget to log into another name?

We're undefeated in spite of Morris, not because of him. Every QB of the other top 10 teams are far superior to him. He's had an awful season.

naw just did it on purpose..... but i disagree w/ the idea that every QB in the top 10 is far superior to Stephen Morris.

You all only look at highlight reels of these other QBs but you diagnose Stephen Morris's every move.

Every QB in the top 10 not named Winston, Mariota, or Manziel are just as flawed as Stephen Morris.

Is it time for us to move away from pocket passers?

Morris is not a pocket passer, he has not been moving well because he is injured. He extended plays with his legs quite well last year.

If u look at the top 25 u will struggle to find 5 pocket passers who are immobile and cant extend a pass play with their legs, u wont find any in the top 10.....game has changed.

Only prominent QB on a highly rated team who cant move is Mattenberger.

Now if u are talking about a QB who gets solid rush yds every game like Braxton Miller I dont think we need that given the offense we run, any QB who can buy himself a few more secs to get the ball to the playmakers, or get a first down when they are covered, is what this offense needs.

Those are the dominant types of QBs in CFB today that coaches are looking for....just take a look at the top ten teams today.

Advertisement

this

Lmao.

Forget to log into another name?

We're undefeated in spite of Morris, not because of him. Every QB of the other top 10 teams are far superior to him. He's had an awful season.

naw just did it on purpose..... but i disagree w/ the idea that every QB in the top 10 is far superior to Stephen Morris.

You all only look at highlight reels of these other QBs but you diagnose Stephen Morris's every move.

Every QB in the top 10 not named Winston, Mariota, or Manziel are just as flawed as Stephen Morris.

Weren't you one of the geniuses on here claiming Winston hadn't proven anything with his phenomenal performance against Pitt, bc they have a terrible defense? It was blatantly obvious during that game that Winston is the real deal, and he has only continued to show what a threat he is.

So I'll pass on your QB assessments.

Advertisement
Miami's quality of player is a lot like Alabama or FSU (if maybe to a lesser degree of talent). We have speed to burn and ridiculous talent at the skill positions. We don't need a playmaker at QB as much as we need a distributor. That's what Dorsey was: a cerebral player who knew how to read defenses and get the ball to his guys at the right time and space. The heavy lifting is done by our WRs, TEs, and RBs. SM is dumb as a rock with a cannon for an arm. He is a playmaker, but the low IQ robs our playmakers of their skillsets. Give me a brainiac pocket passer who makes smart throws and has a decent arm.

you niggaz living in the 80s mane..
we need to go to a spread type offense like oregon
and find a qb that can sling it and can run...

Miami's quality of player is a lot like Alabama or FSU (if maybe to a lesser degree of talent). We have speed to burn and ridiculous talent at the skill positions. We don't need a playmaker at QB as much as we need a distributor. That's what Dorsey was: a cerebral player who knew how to read defenses and get the ball to his guys at the right time and space. The heavy lifting is done by our WRs, TEs, and RBs. SM is dumb as a rock with a cannon for an arm. He is a playmaker, but the low IQ robs our playmakers of their skillsets. Give me a brainiac pocket passer who makes smart throws and has a decent arm.

We do not have "ridiculous talent at the skill positions." Duke is a top-notch player, but otherwise we have very good talent - certainly more than adequate - at the skill positions, not elite talent.

Coley has elite potential, but he's not there yet. People on here were actually saying he's better than all-world Sammy Watkins after a return against f'n Savannah State.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back