Is it possible...

umiamifan1

Those guys were flying around...
...that yesterday we were just flat? I mean I know we played like **** (and I also know we hung 70 on them the year before), but it's really hard to believe that our defense regressed that much in a single offseason. Losing three NFL-caliber DBs certainly hurt more than some of us predicted it would, but come on...we are not as bad as we looked yesterday, and I have to believe we didn't play anywhere close to our potential. I think we all could use a little perspective before jumping off the ledge after one game, just my 2 cents.

Advertisement
...that yesterday we were just flat? I mean I know we played like **** (and I also know we hung 70 on them the year before), but it's really hard to believe that our defense regressed that much in a single offseason. Losing three NFL-caliber DBs certainly hurt more than some of us predicted it would, but come on...we are not as bad as we looked yesterday, and I have to believe we didn't play anywhere close to our potential. I think we all could use a little perspective before jumping off the ledge after one game, just my 2 cents.

We hung 70 on FAMU last year

Advertisement
Yes, it's possible, and even though the opponent (no offense to BC ) is not exactly the team you would normally get hyped for, it is after all the first game of the season. Hard to explain looking that flat

I don't buy flat for the first game of the year. We just played bad and Diaz called a crap game with no changes. Luckily it was Bcu.

Hopefully Diaz gets his head out of his *** for Ark State.

I don't buy flat for the first game of the year. We just played bad and Diaz called a crap game with no changes. Luckily it was Bcu.

Diaz could have stayed home and we should have played better than that.

Not one DL did his job. Blame Diaz if you want but that's a cop-out. That game was all on the players.

Advertisement
I wonder if Diaz actually called plays

For real though. Just watched the first series again and it looked nothing like what we ran last year. Couple that with the complete lack of adjustments (one of Diaz's greatest strengths IMO) and it's flummoxing.

Not one DL did his job. Blame Diaz if you want but that's a cop-out. That game was all on the players.

Watch the replay and look at pre snap , half the time we were f'd before the ball was snapped. Bcu oc put it on Diaz.

The players sucked , but what he was doing defensively made it real simple. DL didn't have a chance because the ball was gone in 2 seconds , and on top of that the db's were 10-12 yards off. It was taking candy from a baby.

Imo he got to gimmicky also, who runs an amoeba defense against freaking Bethune? He's known for being too gimmicky at times but that was just a bit much. A base D, with mostly man is all you should need against bcu.

The tackling was bad, blown assignments and db's were beaten, but schematically it was really bad. Total effort from Dc down to the players.

Last edited:
350 yards to BCC is not being flat. It called being out worked, out schemed, and out coached (at least on Manny's part). Simple.

Expect to see these offensive formations all season.

BCC.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
350 yards to BCC is not being flat. It called being out worked, out schemed, and out coached (at least on Manny's part). Simple.

View attachment 49645

Exactly. That's putting players in a position to fail. That's taking candy from a baby on 4th and 3. It was like that most of the game too.

That's the wefense allignment.

View attachment 49645

I just think diaz didn't gameplan for this game

against a legit team our defense will b lights out imo

Lets hope so... I'm just surprised how poorly prepared we were on defense. I don't remember these dumb alignment last year. Where on a constant basis no one shadowed the slot WR. We always had at least 2 or more guys on the weak side of the field. We can't contain the outside for nothing the way Manny had us aligned yesterday. It a situation like that last year against that formation we'd run a single safety high or stretch a outside LB closer to the slot so he is at least in a position to chase the ball and make a play. IDK what is going on this year or at least that game. I get it, it game one but don't forget that this is BCC we're talking about. Even if we're are potentially a 6-6 or 7-5 team we should never see our problem get exposed by a team like Bethune PERIOD.

Last edited:

View attachment 49645

Exactly. That's putting players in a position to fail. That's taking candy from a baby on 4th and 3. It was like that most of the game too.

That's the wefense allignment.

Exactly, I said it in another thread go back and analyze Diaz first year with Texas then the second. You'll see the similarities. He's more worried about preventing big plays than stuff an offense completely. What we were worried about when we first hired him. Giving the offense all the slants and hitches they want to prevent the streaks and posts. Makes the drives crazy long

Advertisement

View attachment 49645

I just think diaz didn't gameplan for this game

against a legit team our defense will b lights out imo

Lets hope so... I'm just surprised how poorly prepared we were on defense. I don't remember these dumb alignment last year. Where on a constant basis no one shadowed the slot WR. We always had at least 2 or more guys on the weak side of the field. We can't contain the outside for nothing the way Manny had us aligned yesterday. It a situation like that last year against that formation we'd run a single safety high. I IDK what going on this year. I get it it one game but don't forget that this is BCC we're talking about. Even if we're a 6-6 or 7-5 team we should never seen our problem get exposed by a team like them.

the difference is this

last year everyone thought diaz would suck so he had to prove he was good early on even against FAMU and such

This year we don't doubt him so he can conceil things without the fans wanting him to leave.

At least i hope thats the reason

But what's odd to me is that I don't remember teams hitching and slanting us to death at all last year. And when they did, Diaz completely took those plays away in the 2nd half. It's almost like our gameplan was "***** it, play soft zone, don't get hurt, and let's go home."

But what's odd to me is that I don't remember teams hitching and slanting us to death at all last year. And when they did, Diaz completely took those plays away in the 2nd half. It's almost like our gameplan was "***** it, play soft zone, don't get hurt, and let's go home."

That was my impression of the game plan as well.

players played like they been reading the tabloids.......I expect the front 7 to bounce back and also alot of what BC did was get the balll out fast.

Advertisement
Back