Is it just me or did Corey Flagg look like our best LB today?

Advertisement
All these posters clamoring about speed at the Mike are the same ones that dogged Shaq. Well who on this board would not want Shaq back this year? Oh and he is playing in the league. So is Pick. I can guarantee you the Clemson Mike runs no faster then 4.8. Point is Flagg plenty fast enough to play the Mike. Will he be as good or better then Shaq? who knows but it won’t be because of his 40 time either way.

Playing linebacker requires instinct and that cannot be taught. For you dolphin fans remember Jackie Ship -Adonis but no instincts- a bust for a 1st rounder from oklahoma
It's why they asked Kuechly to run the 40 yard dash again at the Combine.

He ran a 4.58 and the Scouts were all "Nah, run that again - that's a faulty stopwatch". He ran 4.6something the next time and they all thought "****, a kid with those instincts that can run". The rest his history - taken #9 overall and had a HOF career.

Just give me an instinctive kid who can get off blocks. Especially in this defensive scheme - if they can sort through trash they'll pick up a LOT of tackles around the LOS.

Advertisement
The biggest reason I like Flagg over 44 and 53 is he’s a TRUE FRESHMEN and he’s making calls I even saw him move 53 into the right spot which is insane a 5th year in the wrong spot
I didn’t catch this but my God that’s the icing on the **** cake if true. McCloud simply does NOT have what it takes.

Flagg is the most instinctual LB we have as a TF, every goober on this board can cry about it all they want but there will be enough crow for everyone, fresh too!

Advertisement
I promised I won’t keep beating the dead drum. You just don’t do what Corey did in the highest lever of Texas football at THAT program and not be a good player. If he was from south Florida it would be no discussion to be had
People don’t understand that you can’t teach brains. **** a 40 time when you only need to run 10 to make a tackle

Advertisement
Advertisement
Flag played good, but only 2 tackles? I would like to see more production out of the LB spot before I crown him the next Shaq, but he did play better than McCloud, which isn’t saying much

Advertisement
Back