Is it just me or did Corey Flagg look like our best LB today?

Thanks
Listen it's a win for me if Flagg becomes a legend. My pride doesn't get hurt cause what I post isn't for my pride or ego.....I'm all about Miami winning so me being wrong about him is ok... I would be ecstatic about it and wouldn't care what anyone said about me because he would make us good.
Why the hyperbole? Nobody is expecting him to become a legend. The least we can expect is a serviceable productive player, but you keep acting like he is a straight JAG.

Advertisement
everything is relative

I don’t think flag is that good
He’s not even close to Shaq when he was a freshman who I thought was good but not great
Hopefully he gets better and cont to improve
I just think McCloud and Jennings is just really bad
Like glen cook bad

Kid looks solid but Pitt’s O is exactly the type that plays to his strengths IMO

Keyshawn smith did not look like our best receiver, he caught 1 pass... I’d say pope is the most consistent for sure

Flagg played the best of the linebackers though
What I saw was how infuriating it is to watch McCloud look lost ... play after play. Worst, was hearing the announcers talk about McCloud in the same reverence of Shaq Q.

Why the hyperbole? Nobody is expecting him to become a legend. The least we can expect is a serviceable productive player, but you keep acting like he is a straight JAG.
I need and expect savages only my bar for UM is always the best vs the best. That's just me though not everyone's me

Advertisement
Flag played good, but only 2 tackles? I would like to see more production out of the LB spot before I crown him the next Shaq, but he did play better than McCloud, which isn’t saying much
Playing Mike has more than just to do with tackles

being in the right place at the right time matters. Forcing the ball back
Inside, filling the right gap running sideline to sideline. Good coverage etc

dude is the real deal

Flagg played very well today. The kid is a competitor for sure. Great instincts and a high football IQ. I was unsure how he would translate to this level because you never know. He's just a very smart, tough player who seems to be very driven to succeed. The kid is going to hit some rough spots as all young players do but I really like what I see from Flagg and I look forward to watch him develop(crosses fingers).

The kid is going to have his detractors that will see nothing but his measurables and jump at every opportunity they get to say "I told you he wasnt Miami caliber". I can certainly understand the need for a program such as ours who is looking to get back to elite status to bring in as many explosive and gifted athletes as possible at all positions. I'm not going to argue that. I'm all for it. However what some don't seem to understand is that while it is necessary to stock your roster with elite level athletes in order to compete at an elite level you don't have to have a squad comprised of studs with off the charts measurables at every single position. There is a place for the solid, coachable, bright, high football IQ guys who may not be elite athletes but instead posses elite instincts, process information at an elite level and just have a knack for making plays. Corey Flagg seems to be this type of player and quite frankly I am impressed at the level of play that he has shown as a true freshman.

Yes give me as many athletically elite and explosive players as possible but give a couple of kids like Flagg on both sides of the ball and we will have the makings of a **** good football team.

Advertisement
I liked that he did it too but it was honestly very embarrassing to watch. I had to pause like did 11 just check 53 into the right alignment? Wow
Crazy bc I like 53 but man he’s a good person but just a trash football player

Playing Mike has more than just to do with tackles

being in the right place at the right time matters. Forcing the ball back
Inside, filling the right gap running sideline to sideline. Good coverage etc

dude is the real deal
Exactly. The mike doesn’t have to make the tackle to make the play. The Will linebacker a lot of the times is the playmaker. Example of that, watch the Indianapolis Colts. Anthony walker and Darius Leonard. Leonard is an animal but walker makes it all possible for him. Alignment, checks, all that.

Flagg was perceived as a fringe player when he signed on here despite being one of the most decorated LB’s in Texas last year. The guy just played the part against Pitt and you can tell he already has more situational awareness than the upperclassmen. Huge get.
Naw, ***** "situational awareness" it's called high football I.Q. if we start playing most of our higher football I.Q. guys, our defense would be playing much better.

For some reason I thought Austin-cave was #11, but now I hat I know it's flagg, he been ballin out the gate, and shoot the gaps consistently correctly!

Advertisement
Flagg ends up on time at the right place almost every single snap he’s in and I’ve yet to see his lack of speed keep him from making a play that he should have. Football is played 10-15 yards at a time, often bending or at angles with change of direction, and he’s plenty fast doing that. That 40 he ran on a bad knee poisoned some of your ability to critically observe what he’s able to do as a linebacker. Saying that he isn’t Armstead or DJ Williams is asinine. Every kid can’t be the number one perfect prospect in America.

Meanwhile all our South Florida 4.4 WRs can’t make a football play to save their lives. You stopwatch guys need to read Rivals.com less and watch the games more.

Liked that they played a bunch of young ones today. Need to do more of this...these young dudes compete their a** off.
This is why some of the "coaches play favorites" stuff has been a bit silly.

They're freshman, and are getting time against Clemson and Pitt. This is how it should be. You roll them in. We're halfway through the season.

Advertisement
I need and expect savages only my bar for UM is always the best vs the best. That's just me though not everyone's me
Should just go cheer for Alabama then. Wait... even they have guys that wont be NFL all pros.

Just messin, you seem like a good dude but **** you cry a lot

Advertisement
Back