Is it just me or did Corey Flagg look like our best LB today?

Advertisement
flagg should be out there...better than what starts ahead of him..
and those against someone starting over smith just don't know football..sorry.

Did Pope not beat someone in coverage where he converted that 3rd down or nah?...

It was a simple comeback route that any half decent HS WR can run. Pope was a 5 star, he should be lighting fools up with 100 yd 2 TD games. Dude is a straight bust of the highest caliber. That said, with how bad & inexperienced the rest of the WR's are, Pope still deserves some snaps and a few balls here and there but lets not try to act like he isnt a giant disappointment

Did Pope not beat someone in coverage where he converted that 3rd down or nah?...
I’ll give you that. So they both made one decent catch. Now, Smith actually beat a man on a deep route, which even though no catch, actually helped Harley get a TD later on.

also Keyshawn is a freshman vs Pope who’s in his 3rd year. I’m going with the younger guy.

Advertisement
Idk what film he ever saw to make him feel the way he does
I remember when he first watched the Highlights. He didn’t see the sideline to sideline speed he wants to see in a LB - He saw more in the Shaq mold.

Having seen Flagg a little bit now, he’s a good football player. His read and react skill set seems solid. Pairing him with Brooks is the best we have right now, IMO.

At least when you make a mistake, you own up to it. That makes you better than most.
Thanks
Listen it's a win for me if Flagg becomes a legend. My pride doesn't get hurt cause what I post isn't for my pride or ego.....I'm all about Miami winning so me being wrong about him is ok... I would be ecstatic about it and wouldn't care what anyone said about me because he would make us good.

I’ll give you that. So they both made one decent catch. Now, Smith actually beat a man on a deep route, which even though no catch, actually helped Harley get a TD later on.

also Keyshawn is a freshman vs Pope who’s in his 3rd year. I’m going with the younger guy.
Pope and Keyshawn shouldn’t even be competing for snaps. Your debate should be Keyshawn/wiggins(who is much more of a liability than pope)

Advertisement
I remember when he first watched the Highlights. He didn’t see the sideline to sideline speed he wants to see in a LB - He saw more in the Shaq mold.

Having seen Flagg a little bit now, he’s a good football player. His read and react skill set seems solid. Pairing him with Brooks is the best we have right now, IMO.
Oh okay I must have missed that, I don’t disagree with the athleticism questions. Although he’s a better athlete than he tested out to be. He tested everything hurt just about every time

Thanks
Listen it's a win for me if Flagg becomes a legend. My pride doesn't get hurt cause what I post isn't for my pride or ego.....I'm all about Miami winning so me being wrong about him is ok... I would be ecstatic about it and wouldn't care what anyone said about me because he would make us good.
Yup. We are all message board coaches. All we can do is speculate and guess. **** even coaches are guessing lol.

mark pope caught 3 screen passes. Smith had a catch where he actually beat someone in coverage and made a catch.
Smith was again behind the defense for a big gain if there isn't pass interference. Which surprisingly 🙄 didn't get called by the tobacco road refs

Advertisement
He’s been championing Pope for good while now. I’d like to see Redding and Key Smith with Pope at slot.
Every now and again Pope flashes something, but yeah I wouldn't be dying on that hill like brock.

He's definitely not an outside WR though - not physical enough (it's an attitude, not a size thing).

Oh okay I must have missed that, I don’t disagree with the athleticism questions. Although he’s a better athlete than he tested out to be. He texted everything hurt just about every time
It was before you were on the board. Dwins is a stand up guy. He misses on some and owns up when he does - like with Bolden. He just wants us to recruit a lot of speed and he’s right overall but Flagg plays faster than whatever his numbers were just like Zach Thomas did. He’s obviously a very good football player.

Advertisement
Every now and again Pope flashes something, but yeah I wouldn't be dying on that hill like brock.

He's definitely not an outside WR though - not physical enough (it's an attitude, not a size thing).
You must love these noon-3 pm games.

#53 played better than #44 but their false steps and slow to dissect plays continues. That can’t be fixed. Inconsistencies will continue with those guys.

Advertisement
Back