Is hiring Larry Fedora a Nick Saban move?

Advertisement
Off the top of my head? Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin, Steve Sarkisian, etc. He has hired plenty of P5 coaches to "something less" at 'Bama. Now if we expand your definition of previous head coaches to include smaller non-P5 schools the answer would be more like "90% of his current staff."

Off the top of my head? Hugh Freeze, Lane Kiffin, Steve Sarkisian, etc. He has hired plenty of P5 coaches to "something less" at 'Bama. Now if we expand your definition of previous head coaches to include smaller non-P5 schools the answer would be more like "90% of his current staff."

Mike Locksley (New Mexico and interim at Maryland). Joe Pannunzio (Murray State). Brought Butch Jones in as an OA. That is what he did with Mike Locksley at first, too. Jones is going with Locksley back to Maryland.

Pretty sure with some google there are plenty of HC that went back to OC/DC after they got fired.

Advertisement
The issue is that every time a decent head coaching job comes up the media will float Larry Fedora's name. Hiring a guy like that means you only keep him for two years. If we land Fedora and he stays for 3 years then I think that would be a major win for us.

Advertisement
The issue is that every time a decent head coaching job comes up the media will float Larry Fedora's name. Hiring a guy like that means you only keep him for two years. If we land Fedora and he stays for 3 years then I think that would be a major win for us.
I would love that problem

Advertisement

Mario

If he getting HC looks as our OC that's a good thing, which will attract rising OCs

Advertisement

I'm at peace with that. Once Manny gets a taste for what life is like with a play caller of Fedora's ilk by his side he would then be even more likely to make the NEXT hire a similar style of coach.

BRING ME THAT MAN

Advertisement
Back