is golden so stubborn?

This is the truth. Worst game plan I have seen in ages. They knew UL would stack the line, and they didn't know what to do. That's Jr. High coaching.
crossover22[]_[];1967421 said:
What's more mind blowing is the fact he has duke, Coley, dorsett, and other skill players and he doesnt try to find creative ways to get them the ball.

Advertisement
The true freshman excuse holds no water, because it's his choice to start him. Everyone said the kid was mature enough to handle it. From what I could tell, he could have thrown the ball down the field had they LET him.
Did you see what happened when Kaaya threw the ball down field to an open Dobard?
It got intercepted because it was woefully underthrown.
The teams fate was sealed when Golden and Coley decided to start a true freshman.
We were told that he is not a true freshman QB rather that he was a "University of Miami" QB which implied to not expect him to play like a true freshman.
Well that obviously wasn't the case.
Hard to imagine a 5th year senior in Heaps playing like a true freshman looking like a dear caught in headlights had they started him instead.
Has to be one of the worse moves in the Golden era.

crossover22[]_[];1967425 said:
crossover22[]_[];1967403 said:
If Goldens has lost cross, the writing is now on the wall in several languages.

Yep. I've been a vocal supporter of his for 3 years

Now you come join us Mopes . Shocking it to you so long to be honest

I was holding out hope that getting talent in would make him open things up. Clearly that isn't the case.

Im in the same boat as you. i know for a fact what team has and what it can do. and for them to play like last years less talented team is inexcusable. down right disgusting. and I want him out. when you dont put your best players on the field like Tracy, Herb and call plays to make them successful. its time for you to go.

After walking out of the Rustled Bowl in the 3rd quarter I was done. But, when we got some bigtime recruits and jucos I wanted to believe. So I was a little optimistic after Monday's **** storm I am now full on Mope.

This is the truth. Worst game plan I have seen in ages. They knew UL would stack the line, and they didn't know what to do. That's Jr. High coaching.
What's more mind blowing is the fact he has duke, Coley, dorsett, and other skill players and he doesnt try to find creative ways to get them the ball.

The funny thing is that even Louisville fans on message boards were saying Louisville's approach will be to stop the run and make us beat them with our Freshman QB. Holy ****, they must be geniuses, right?

Advertisement

The funny thing is that even Louisville fans on message boards were saying Louisville's approach will be to stop the run and make us beat them with our Freshman QB. Holy ****, they must be geniuses, right?

Funny thing is now every coach that plays against us will do the same thing.

**** if I coached against us I'd blitz every ******* play.

crossover22[]_[];1967457 said:

Funny thing is now every coach that plays against us will do the same thing.

**** if I coached against us I'd blitz every ****ing play.

In addition, I would spread our Defense and tear us apart. Louisville had success when they did that to us. We ****ed.

Its Friday and I'm still as mad as I was on Monday night. To support a guy for 3 years and then see that he sucks has really sent me over the top.

**** I only played pop warner and could coach these guys better.

crossover22[]_[];1967464 said:
Its Friday and I'm still as mad as I was on Monday night. To support a guy for 3 years and then see that he sucks has really sent me over the top.

**** I only played pop warner and could coach these guys better.

Don't sell yourself short. You also surround yourself with message board coaching genius all the time. Some of it was bound to rub off.

Advertisement
Coaches are notoriously stubborn. Golden seems even more stubborn then normal. If he didn't change the D after 2 historically bad seasons, he is never going to change.

Coaches are notoriously stubborn. Golden seems even more stubborn then normal. If he didn't change the D after 2 historically bad seasons, he is never going to change.

Would you have fired your DC if he was running your defensive philosophy with the players he had, or would you give him one more shot with the better players?

Not defending Golden, or bringing the friendship into play, just asking a straight up question.

Would you have fired your DC if he was running your defensive philosophy with the players he had, or would you give him one more shot with the better players?

Not defending Golden, or bringing the friendship into play, just asking a straight up question.

My point wasn't to fire the DC, my point was to look at how college football is changing and adjust your philosophy so it can survive in the era of spread offenses. There are a lot of coaches adjusting their style/philosophy/scheme around the nation, Golden seems unwilling to do this.

But to answer your question, if I deeply believe in my philosophy that produced 2 of the worst defenses a school has ever seen, then I would keep my DC and see what we could do in year 4.

One play can be corrected. We knew he'd make some mistakes. Running into 8-9 men over and over is worse than a freshman QB making one mistake. If you're going to turtle it in because your true freshman QB made a mistake, then why not bench him for the oder guy? Again, ONE bad play doesn't equal 50 bad ones. It's like saying, "Oh, we tried that once and it failed, so we can't do it again," Only to turn around and say, "Oh, we've tried this 50 times, it hasn't worked, let's keep trying!"
The true freshman excuse holds no water, because it's his choice to start him. Everyone said the kid was mature enough to handle it. From what I could tell, he could have thrown the ball down the field had they LET him.
Did you see what happened when Kaaya threw the ball down field to an open Dobard?
It got intercepted because it was woefully underthrown.
The teams fate was sealed when Golden and Coley decided to start a true freshman.
We were told that he is not a true freshman QB rather that he was a "University of Miami" QB which implied to not expect him to play like a true freshman.
Well that obviously wasn't the case.
Hard to imagine a 5th year senior in Heaps playing like a true freshman looking like a dear caught in headlights had they started him instead.
Has to be one of the worse moves in the Golden era.

Advertisement
He hasn't changed nothing in the 3 years and 1 game. He isn't going to start now.

Most coaches are stubborn and married to a system.

They all know football, but knowing football doesn't mean you know how to evaluate players and how to place them in positions to succeed. Stubborn coaches will try to fit a square peg into a round hole. They'll never change, they'll just continue to pound that peg until they find what they need to make it fit.

We see it every Saturday. Speed all over the field, on offense and defense, yet we run schemes that aren't speed-based. Louisville ran a 3-4 too, but they ran an aggressive upfield version. (speed based) On offense we utilize multiple TE's and a walk-on Fullback despite the fact that we have the fastest WR corp in the country and two RB's that are nightmares in space. We're playing Northeast/Midwestern football on both sides of the ball AND WE'RE MARRIED TO IT.

Advertisement
Most coaches are stubborn and married to a system.

They all know football, but knowing football doesn't mean you know how to evaluate players and how to place them in positions to succeed. Stubborn coaches will try to fit a square peg into a round hole. They'll never change, they'll just continue to pound that peg until they find what they need to make it fit.

We see it every Saturday. Speed all over the field, on offense and defense, yet we run schemes that aren't speed-based. Louisville ran a 3-4 too, but they ran an aggressive upfield version. (speed based) On offense we utilize multiple TE's and a walk-on Fullback despite the fact that we have the fastest WR corp in the country and two RB's that are nightmares in space. We're playing Northeast/Midwestern football on both sides of the ball AND WE'RE MARRIED TO IT.

I agree with most. But there are some coaches that change their strategy.

Jim grobe for wake as an example. Was a option guy. Won the acc with more of a pro style.

crossover22[]_[];1967315 said:
I know another new thread about golden.

By now golden and co have to know what is being said. Even Irvin is making comments now. We know now he isn't a good coach but a bad coach can make changes and become successful. Example. I'm a Carolina pantheirs fan and last year Ron Rivera was on the verge of being fired and he said ***** it and changed his mentality. I still don't think he's a great coach but after he changed Carolina went on to have a great year.

So my question is, can golden be so stubborn that he thinks what he's doing will actually make Miami a elite team? Can he not see what former great players are saying and not realize that a huge change needs to be made. Hes a smart guy and i still believe he wants to be a good coach. He has to know that if he fails here he will never get another big job.

this is my take on Golden. His only saving grace at this point is to change his mentality and re-invent himself and his strategies. Because, at this rate, he's going to have to line up back to back top tier recruiting classes with minimal misses in order to start out-talenting everyone. He can't afford taking that route and I hope he realizes that.

If he does not realize this now and refuses to change his ways, there's no hope with him at the helm. But if he does re-invent himself, similar to your RR example, I'm all-in with Alfonso.

I don't think he's stubborn. He's just a **** HC. He's doing what he knows how to do, and it's not working. This is his coaching DNA. You don't change your DNA.

He's not going to suddenly become an aggressive, go for the throat highly competent football coach just because what he's doing isn't working. If it was that easy no one would ever get fired. They'd just scrap everything they're doing wrong and do things right instead of getting fired.

Phillip Buchanon used his Amazon Prime membership to overnight one of these bad boys to Golden and Co:

1001004010726348.jpg

I just don't believe that not one of our coaches steps up in meetings. At least one has knowledge of what some of you guys are saying about changes to make. I just don't freaking get it. I mean if I were there I would be speaking up. I know we don't have the best staff in the world but we got high school coaches on a message board schooling their schemes. So it has to be stubbornness.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back