is golden so stubborn?

crossover22[]_[]

BLEACH DEMON!!!
Banned
I know another new thread about golden.

By now golden and co have to know what is being said. Even Irvin is making comments now. We know now he isn't a good coach but a bad coach can make changes and become successful. Example. I'm a Carolina pantheirs fan and last year Ron Rivera was on the verge of being fired and he said ***** it and changed his mentality. I still don't think he's a great coach but after he changed Carolina went on to have a great year.

So my question is, can golden be so stubborn that he thinks what he's doing will actually make Miami a elite team? Can he not see what former great players are saying and not realize that a huge change needs to be made. Hes a smart guy and i still believe he wants to be a good coach. He has to know that if he fails here he will never get another big job.

Advertisement
***** what former players are saying, just look at your own production on the field. it's crazy how literally almost everyone sees glaring issues, yet Golden just "stays the course". He's ridiculously stubborn to a fault. and the strangest thing is that what has he done in his career that makes him so confident that his approach works at this level? bc honestly his career as a head coach is pretty mediocre. he made one temple team "relevant" that wasn't even playing in the Big East at the time.

Good question. What bothered me the most was him saying he hoped they'd stack the box. Well, why would you hope that if you don't plan on throwing over it? You sure as heck can't run into it, or throw into it. Gotta take some shots down the field to back that D up so everything else works. Stubborn is right.

I've been a supporter for 3+ years, and I have been patient the whole time. However, you simply can't take such a massive step backwards and call it progress. The true freshman excuse holds no water, because it's his choice to start him. Everyone said the kid was mature enough to handle it. From what I could tell, he could have thrown the ball down the field had they LET him. No one can make that O work with the plays that were called.

He'd better get it fixed in a hurry, or he'll have NO support. If he loses patient fans like me, he'll have NO ONE on his side.

I agree. I supported him till Monday. I really thought he'd take a different approach but after seeing it again I'm done. How can you not see that what you're doing isn't working. How can you be so stubborn that you aren't willing to tweak things and become better.

Good question. What bothered me the most was him saying he hoped they'd stack the box. Well, why would you hope that if you don't plan on throwing over it? You sure as heck can't run into it, or throw into it. Gotta take some shots down the field to back that D up so everything else works. Stubborn is right.

I've been a supporter for 3+ years, and I have been patient the whole time. However, you simply can't take such a massive step backwards and call it progress. The true freshman excuse holds no water, because it's his choice to start him. Everyone said the kid was mature enough to handle it. From what I could tell, he could have thrown the ball down the field had they LET him. No one can make that O work with the plays that were called.

He'd better get it fixed in a hurry, or he'll have NO support. If he loses patient fans like me, he'll have NO ONE on his side.

Wow. A measured, logical response. Rep this man up.

Advertisement
Gotta be more than tweaking at this point. He needs to say, "***** this! We need to move the **** ball no matter WHAT it takes!" If Coley can't get that done, get rid of him. The training wheels need to come off now. We won't move the ball on anyone if they put 8-9 men in the box and we run right into it. It's not possible.
crossover22[]_[];1967332 said:
I agree. I supported him till Monday. I really thought he'd take a different approach but after seeing it again I'm done. How can you not see that what you're doing isn't working. How can you be so stubborn that you aren't willing to tweak things and become better.

They had nine months to come up with something fresh and we saw the same old bull****. They're incapable of changing.

Fire Al Golden

Advertisement
If Goldens has lost cross, the writing is now on the wall in several languages.

Don't know if he'd be the answer, but how could anything be worse than what we saw Monday night? It was sad. I felt like I was watching a 30 year old mentally handicapped person riding a tricycle, in a tractor pull. It was just sad. I'm sure his mother still loves him, but it's too sad for me to want to see again.
Ice Harris for OC?

I believe he may be more stubborn than Randy, and that is saying a lot. Just look at his Defense and lack of adjustments, it is exactly the same garbage we have seen for years. Our DB's, which are a strength of the Defense, are playing zone, it's mind boggling. Golden defines the definition of insanity.

Pride is the root of all evil and Al has it in abundance. Confidence is useful, pride is blind and stupid. I bet he would not even admit to being stubborn--too much pride to admit that flaw. The best we will see out of Al is to start spreading the blame from just the players to his coaches. We saw the start of that in his comment the other day. He always throws in the "including me" crap, but never admits any fundamental flaw in his schemes or approach. Perhaps self-preservation might enable him to fire some coaches IF he can do so without admitting that hiring and keeping them this long was a mistake. More likely that he goes down with staff intact. Keep in mind his role model, Joe Pa, at the very end telling PSU when they told him to go, that he would resign at end the the season and therefore they should end their investigation. Pride to the very end, so they had to can his ***. St Bobby went out that way too. Heck, maybe like those two, Al could luck into one or two NCs in 30 or 50 years.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];1967315 said:
I know another new thread about golden.

By now golden and co have to know what is being said. Even Irvin is making comments now. We know now he isn't a good coach but a bad coach can make changes and become successful. Example. I'm a Carolina pantheirs fan and last year Ron Rivera was on the verge of being fired and he said ***** it and changed his mentality. I still don't think he's a great coach but after he changed Carolina went on to have a great year.

So my question is, can golden be so stubborn that he thinks what he's doing will actually make Miami a elite team? Can he not see what former great players are saying and not realize that a huge change needs to be made. Hes a smart guy and i still believe he wants to be a good coach. He has to know that if he fails here he will never get another big job.

I live in Pennsylvania. I'm surrounded by PSU grads. So my answer would be he like most other PSU grads they are incapable of admitting mistakes or showing humility. They know all. They/he went to PSU so they are better than u. Just like Paterno thought. He was above us. Al won't take input from some stupid Miami player/grad. PSU and how they did things is all right and how The U did things is all wrong. Therefore no input is needed. He knows all. Really can't believe Jimmy hasn't called him and tore him a new ***!

It's all about Wins and Loses at this point even if Kaaya is the QB... That's what will determine his fate!!!

Advertisement
What's more mind blowing is the fact he has duke, Coley, dorsett, and other skill players and he doesnt try to find creative ways to get them the ball.

Advertisement
Back