Is Frank Gore an NFL HoF'er?

LuCane

Administrator
Administrator
I said in a thread last week that, if he gains 1500 yards between this year and next, he'd end up in the Top 15 of All-Time NFL rushers. That said, there are other factors - like Total TDs (71 and counting) - to consider. He's averaged 4.6 yards/carry for his career. He's scored double digit TDs in a season only once. He has a season where he had 2000 yards rushing + receiving.

All that said, my personal (biased) opinion is that he's one of the Top 3 most natural RBs I've ever seen. He should be on a "how to run the football" video for kids.

Advertisement
Considering the knee injuries he has had to overcome, what he's been able to accomplish at the highest level of the sport is nothing short of amazing. Really speaks to his vision and natural athletic ability, to say nothing of hard work.

IMO, when he first came to Miami, he was the best running back I had ever seen in person, one of the greatest I've ever seen period, and he's always certainly been one of my favorites.

I said in a thread last week that, if he gains 1500 yards between this year and next, he'd end up in the Top 15 of All-Time NFL rushers. That said, there are other factors - like Total TDs (71 and counting) - to consider. He's averaged 4.6 yards/carry for his career. He's scored double digit TDs in a season only once. He has a season where he had 2000 yards rushing + receiving.

All that said, my personal (biased) opinion is that he's one of the Top 3 most natural RBs I've ever seen. He should be on a "how to run the football" video for kids.
5 pro-bowls and 10k career rushing yards already. Barring a major injury he should crack 11k and move into the top 20 all-time by the end of the year. All in a league that's becoming more and more pass heavy. Not 1st ballot but should be in eventually.

Last edited:

5 pro-bowls and 10k career rushing yards already. Barring a major injury he should crack 11k and move into the top 20 all-time by the end of the year. Not 1st ballot but should be in eventually.

Funny enough, with what the league has evolved to as far as style of play, if they don't let him in after another strong season or two, RBs with better numbers might be few and far between in the future. They might have to re-scale exactly what it takes, numbers-wise, to be a HOF running back.

Yes. Reggie Wayne Edge Andre Johnson and ed reed. The best of the bunch of that era might have been Sean Taylor. What a_waste that he was murdered.

Advertisement
I've been mentioning this a little bit over the last couple of years. Harbaugh has really extended Gores career and Gore honestly looks every bit as good as he did when he first came into the league. He looks fresh. The guy has ran for more of those extra effort yards than maybe anyone I've ever seen. Might be a homer pick but I think he gets in based on his retirement numbers. He's not close to done yet. He doesn't ever rely on top end speed and still racks up yards, plus the Niners have a long term commitment to their OL.

Gore is a guy who's game is beyond numbers imo. Those who watched him will remember how great he was and still is (anybody else just see that TD run that was called back against the bears? Still can't touch Gore with soft arm tackles).

His numbers might be fringe HoF but his talent is HoF worthy for sure.

44869insidetheuRBU.jpg

One of the few things Bakas got right. I remember him stating over and over before the beginning of Gore's senior year in high school that he will go down as one of the best running backs of all time to come through Miami. He was convinced Gore was the best RB in the country, and he was right.

I think both Gore and Edge make it.

Advertisement
Not answering the question, but Gore might have been one of the best the NFL ever saw if not for the injuries.

I think he does. He's a premier running back, has had a ton of success in the league, broke 10k, probowls all over, only thing he's missing is a Superbowl. Won a conference, he should be able to get that gold jacket after a few years.

Advertisement
One of the few things Bakas got right. I remember him stating over and over before the beginning of Gore's senior year in high school that he will go down as one of the best running backs of all time to come through Miami. He was convinced Gore was the best RB in the country, and he was right.

I think both Gore and Edge make it.

Funniest story about Gore for me was about his uncle. During HS, I got into some trouble and ended up in one of those community service programs. I did my work at one of the Boys and Girls clubs. Cutting branches, working the fields and whatnot. I worked every day with this one guy and we'd talk about my upcoming football season and he would non-stop tell me "you're lucky you're not facing my nephew Frank Gore…he'll be the best RB this county has ever seen." Guy was so **** adamant about it.

In 2001 Spring, I'm standing on one of those hurdles next to Greentree fence looking on to practice. Gore's uncle is walking on the sideline of practice as a guest, sees me, and just goes "I f'in told you, man…and wait till you see what he does next." Sure, enough, 9.1 ypc his Frosh year and that ridiculous game against 'Cuse.

Pretty much anyone who say Coral Gables take on Columbus during Gore's senior year stayed in awe of him. The guy would cutback almost a full 3 yards across the middle of the field.

Advertisement
I hope he does get in, but I have a bad feeling that he doesn't unless he gets a ring within the next couple years he has left. Gore has similar career numbers to Ottis Anderson right now and Ottis didn't get in, despite having a ring and Super Bowl MVP

Unfortunately no, unless he keeps rolling and cracks at least the 12.5k mark. Right now S Jackson and AP are ahead of him as active players, and lets be honest I dont see Jackson getting in at all. He is very very borderline but I just dont see him getting in. I see Wilfork sneaking in before him. Dre and Reed are locks, and Reggie is slowly going from a no to getting in the way he has been playing late in his career. Having Luck this late in his career really helped him a bunch.

they showed a graphic on the screen tonight in the 49ers v Bears game between him and curtis martin a guy who just got in recently and they are very similar, yes he can get in doesnt matter if they win a super bowl or not

Advertisement
Back