Is Frank Gore an NFL HoF'er?

I don't know about Hall of Fame. He's really good & durable but not all time great. He isn't a transcendent player IMO.

Advertisement
Unfortunately no, unless he keeps rolling and cracks at least the 12.5k mark. Right now S Jackson and AP are ahead of him as active players, and lets be honest I dont see Jackson getting in at all. He is very very borderline but I just dont see him getting in. I see Wilfork sneaking in before him. Dre and Reed are locks, and Reggie is slowly going from a no to getting in the way he has been playing late in his career. Having Luck this late in his career really helped him a bunch.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one with that opinion. Gore is one of those fringe players, imo. If this was the NBA where they take everybody, then absolutely. I don't think Jackson deserves induction into the HOF. Gore deserves it more than Jackson though. Wayne, Johnson, and Reed are locks. Wilfork has a good shot to make it too, but I don't know if he has a better shot than Gore. Maybe because there aren't as many impactful DTs as there are RBs, but still.

I don't know about Hall of Fame. He's really good & durable but not all time great. He isn't a transcendent player IMO.

same thing i said about curtis martin but they voted him in, i really never thought of him as a spectacular back when he was playing

Advertisement
They posted a stat yesterday of players with 8 years str8 of I believe 200 carries and 4+ ypc and it was him! Jim brown and some other great only on the list

The respect people seem to have for FG (well deserved) around the League and in the media makes me think he gets in, even if his numbers are on just par with other active players. The guy has been the heart and soul of one of the NFL's prized franchises and he's a do-everything back. He catches and blocks better than most RBs in the League. A guy that is that complete and takes that kind of pride in his work and brings his resume will be recognized when the time comes, I think.

goresucksatdancing.gif

That 60 yard run last night was nasty that got called back.

Advertisement
Frank is the most complete RB in the NFL. Running, pass catching and blocking; nobody does it better than Frank.

Things to consider:

Let's say he finishes the season/career with 11,000 Rushing Yards, 67 Rushing TDs, 3000 Receiving Yards and 11 Receiving TDs. He has 5 Pro Bowl awards.

It would leave him 19th all time in Rushing and 31st in Rushing TDs.

Almost everyone with 11,000+ rushing yards is in the hall of fame and quite possibly will be in the hall of fame (LT, Bettis, Edge, Fred Taylor and Dillon).

One of Frank's sons is on my younger son's optimist football team. On Friday night at practice, the coach was handing out football equipment bags to all of the kids on the team courtesy of Frank Gore. That was a really nice gesture and the kids were psyched about it.

same thing i said about curtis martin but they voted him in, i really never thought of him as a spectacular back when he was playing

He is #4 all time in rushing! lol

As for Gore, at this point, he's a yards accumulator much like guys like Fred Taylor and Corey Dillon were. Who, oddly enough, are right around the same area in career rushing yards. I think Gore, because he was never a transcendent back, needs to get close to the top 10 in order to be HOF worthy. JMO.

Advertisement
One of the few things Bakas got right. I remember him stating over and over before the beginning of Gore's senior year in high school that he will go down as one of the best running backs of all time to come through Miami. He was convinced Gore was the best RB in the country, and he was right.

I think both Gore and Edge make it.

Funniest story about Gore for me was about his uncle. During HS, I got into some trouble and ended up in one of those community service programs. I did my work at one of the Boys and Girls clubs. Cutting branches, working the fields and whatnot. I worked every day with this one guy and we'd talk about my upcoming football season and he would non-stop tell me "you're lucky you're not facing my nephew Frank Gore…he'll be the best RB this county has ever seen." Guy was so **** adamant about it.

In 2001 Spring, I'm standing on one of those hurdles next to Greentree fence looking on to practice. Gore's uncle is walking on the sideline of practice as a guest, sees me, and just goes "I f'in told you, man…and wait till you see what he does next." Sure, enough, 9.1 ypc his Frosh year and that ridiculous game against 'Cuse.

Pretty much anyone who say Coral Gables take on Columbus during Gore's senior year stayed in awe of him. The guy would cutback almost a full 3 yards across the middle of the field.

Yeah, it wasn't really a stretch to say that about Gore. I saw him against my high school, Southwest (I know, awful) and after he put up something like 500 yards I was pretty sure he was special.

I would love for multiple canes to go in the same year. Wayne, Dre, & Gore and make a trip to Canton. I doubt they will all retire at the same time but that would be amazing.

Advertisement
One of Frank's sons is on my younger son's optimist football team. On Friday night at practice, the coach was handing out football equipment bags to all of the kids on the team courtesy of Frank Gore. That was a really nice gesture and the kids were psyched about it.

This isn't the first time you hear of Frank doing something understated for others. Guy is just a good, humble dude.

Great guy and i hate that he has suffered the injuries he has, but no.

16 games in a season and he is barely breaking a grand and has only one double digit TD season.

If his career was littered with 2006 type seasons. I could see him going in easily.

He is #4 all time in rushing! lol

As for Gore, at this point, he's a yards accumulator much like guys like Fred Taylor and Corey Dillon were. Who, oddly enough, are right around the same area in career rushing yards. I think Gore, because he was never a transcendent back, needs to get close to the top 10 in order to be HOF worthy. JMO.

good point i didnt realize that i still never looked at curtis martin that way as a transcendent player, he never wowed me as a spectacular talent but he was a guy who just kept producing, quietly accumulating yards. I actaully think dillion and taylor were more talented than him prime for prime. i know taylor could never stay healthy and dillon was always over looked on those horrible bengal teams. if frank does manage to make it wont be first ballot

That guy was my garbage man for one year. On his garbage can, he wrote "UM Gore" and every time I saw him he would be bragging about Frank.

Advertisement
Back