Is D'Eriq King 6th best QB in CFB?

U seem to have not understood my statement so let me break it down for u. I said on this year's team meaning Lawrence does not have enough the mobility to offset the deficiencies of our oline. Fields does.
Neither does Fields LOL. He and Lawerence literally move and react at similar speeds.

Advertisement
U seem to have not understood my statement so let me break it down for u. I said on this year's team meaning Lawrence does not have enough the mobility to offset the deficiencies of our oline. Fields does.
I understood it plenty...spin it how ya want...Lawrence could/would Survive any OL deficiencies....

Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence are elite and they have proven it. Jamie Newman is very underrated, and he will show it. Sam Howell throws a nice deep ball and is definitely a top ten QB, but I wouldn’t rank him over D’Eriq King at this point. IMHO, the rest of the list is suspect

it’s nice to make, compare and debate these lists, but the season will prove who deserves to be on this list

Advertisement
People still doubting Howell? If he was 6’3 and played and produced exactly like he does, then all you size queen humps would be slathering him up.

I am foaming at the mouth to watch our offense. King is going to be so much fun in this uptempo with everyone spaced. He’ll be surrounded by talent too like he’s never had.

Advertisement
Sam Howell is over rated at this point. People are making him out to be an all star. He wasn't asked to do anything that spectacular last season. I dont see it. College football is full of QB of his ilk
He showed promise and play making ability but that’s about it IMO. He could take a big step forward this year then will be a legit top 5-10 guy

My top 10 would be:

1. Trevor Lawrence
2. Justin Fields
3. Brady White
4. Brock Purdy
5. Shane Buechele
6. D'Eriq King
7. Dillon Gabriel
8. Kedon Slovis
9. Sam Howell
10. Jayden Daniels

Ehlinger puts up good numbers but there's something about him that's just missing, he doesn't have the it factor IMO & has limited arm talent. Always felt Herman made the wrong choice picking him over Buechele. He also signed two high ranked 4-star QB's in the 2020 class that will be TF's & already has 3 other Red Frosh who were 4-star QB's still on the roster, eventually he's gonna have to develop one of those guys instead of sticking with the safe pick in Ehlinger.

I would've put Chris Robinson on my list because of the season he had last year, but with Taggart now at FAU, I expect a big decline in his numbers. He was perfect in that Kiffin offense, I hope that kid transfers to a school closer to home because Tagg & his Gulf Coast offense are gonna ruin him.

Also expect a big jump from Jayden Daniels, Herm might've got the steal of the offseason when he hired Zak Hill from Boise St as their new OC, he'll have that offense humming with a gifted passer & great talent like Daniels.

The QB's to be on the lookout for are obviously Spencer Rattler, John Rhys Plumlee, Grant Gunnell, whoever wins the QB battle at TTech between Alan Bowman & Maverick McIvor, and whoever wins the QB battle at Wash St between Gunner Cruz & Jayden De Laura.

De Laura is another Hawaiian QB that went to the same school as Mariota, Tua & Dillon Gabriel, and Wash St hired Nick Rolovich who just lead Hawaii to their first 10 win season in 8 years & he runs that Run & Shoot offense that fits perfectly with the Leach style Air Raid they're used to running. De Laura could be another great Hawaiian TF QB.

Also interested in seeing who Drinkwitz picks as the QB at Mizzou, he's a good QB developer & his offense always produces good numbers.

Advertisement
I was thinking of this when I read his post lol, I was like “ I’m not even wasting my time “

Nice designed run and his athleticism certainly showed there. It's still one play and that Clemson OL was light years better than ours. Constantly having to use his athleticism, which is good, but not great, I think there's better options in college. Namely the guy we got.

All QB's are better when they aren't under pressure, but pressure him and he looks human. I completely agree with Rev, we don't see eye to eye often, that Fields would be a better option last year for us versus Lawrence.

Advertisement
Nice designed run and his athleticism certainly showed there. It's still one play and that Clemson OL was light years better than ours. Constantly having to use his athleticism, which is good, but not great, I think there's better options in college. Namely the guy we got.

All QB's are better when they aren't under pressure, but pressure him and he looks human. I completely agree with Rev, we don't see eye to eye often, that Fields would be a better option last year for us versus Lawrence.

Fields in our system would’ve been awful , just like he was at Uga. Fields had issues in uga’s 90’s pro style o.

Osu is as qb friendly an offense as it gets. Even tater looked like a D-1 qb there.

Not saying TL would’ve been awesome here but I’d taken him in our situation. Or any situation for that matter.

Fields in our system would’ve been awful , just like he was at Uga. Fields had issues in uga’s 90’s pro style o.

Osu is as qb friendly an offense as it gets. Even tater looked like a D-1 qb there.

Not saying TL would’ve been awesome here but I’d taken him in our situation. Or any situation for that matter.

I'm not going to say what Fields would or wouldn't have looked like at UGA. He was a true Frosh, prone to some mistakes, and they went with the safer / conservative ball managing Fromm.

Tate didn't look like anything at OSU. Too small of a sample size and getting in late after you've pummeled your opponent doesn't show me anything.

Trevor, I just don't see it without a largely clean pocket. Not on last year's team, no way. Granted nobody looks good with that OL, just see some better options myself. Who knows, maybe he does better than I think, but a lot of people are higher on Lawrence than I am.

Advertisement
Back