Is Central the best OL in South Florida history?

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Central has five seniors going D-1, all of whom have a ton of experience together. They **** near produced two 2K-yard backs against the toughest schedule in the country.

I know STA has had some good units, and Gables was solid with the Tulane twins and Alex Pou, but is this the best OL group ever?

Hoping to hear from gogeta, courcy75 and company on this one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Central has five seniors going to D-1, all of whom have a ton of experience together. They **** near produced two 2K-yard backs against the toughest schedule in the country.

I know STA has had some good units, and Gables was solid with the Tulane twins and Alex Pou, but is this the best group ever?

They only have 5 D-1 seniors? I expected more.

Central has five seniors going to D-1, all of whom have a ton of experience together. They **** near produced two 2K-yard backs against the toughest schedule in the country.

I know STA has had some good units, and Gables was solid with the Tulane twins and Alex Pou, but is this the best group ever?

On the offensive line.

I know STA has had some good units, and Gables was solid with the Tulane twins and Alex Pou, but is this the best OL group ever?

Are you trying to soften the blow?

On the offensive line.

That makes way more sense. Seeing how the destroyed us in the preseason albeit they may have been the worst Dwyer performance on the year and it was still close than most of central's other games lol.

Advertisement
STA has the O-Line talent but never had the running back production like Central

Young, Wenger, Gilbert obviously then they had Marcus Lind (Duke) and not sure who the other starter was.. Wollschlager maybe? Then the following year Nick Pieschel (UCF)

Heck now...not this group of seniors. Now the 2010 class could compete as the best but best in S Fla history would be a HUGE understatement

Advertisement
Columbus has had some good ones namely the ones in the late 80's with Darren handy, the Cristobals, who were NFLers,

disclaimer; im old

I would think the sta crew with young and wengernwas beastly.

This group with five guys headed div one is really good though.

Solid group across the board.
The thing is that sta group had like five backups that were eventually div one guys.

I personally liked ely's group for ty moss and who coral gables had for gore

Advertisement
For the last 2 years I've debated this topic with the likes of Bluestein and others and they may not be the most dominant ever but they are one of the most cohesive who rarely made mistakes. I've watched them closely and they are a blueprint for what an o line should look like. There have been some others in the past that have been pretty good but this was one of the most complete, plus having the 2 backs they have made them look even better.

Advertisement

was at the game on Saturday, this line looks the part as well....very impressive!

Advertisement
Back