Is Butch Davis too old?

Every coach you site doesn't have the gap in employment from their last HC gig.

Bill Snyder is the most recent one currently coaching. He had a 4 year gap in employment. He also coached at the same school from 89-05.

Coach L, Saban and Carroll don't have this GAP in employment from HC to HC.

Coach L coached consistently. Saban coached consistently. Carroll coached consistently.

Advertisement
Is Jim larranaga too old to be doing what he is doing? No... You can use many excuses as to why you don't watch Butch Davis but don't use that one

It does not shock me that Broke is unable to tell the difference.

Coach L has NO GAP in employment. He left GMU and went straight to Miami. He has been coaching consistently since he started.

Butch was fired on July 27, 2011. He wasn't an HC in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. This is what we call the GAP.

Anyone using coach L in defense of the age of Butch is a complete moron. The situations are vastly different.

Haven't we seen this same post before? Same **** over and over.

Butch haters nervous

Thread afterthread after thread to bash butch, this all canesfam doing and ag burt heads led by kevin thread and all of canesfam. They scared ozar n the wez was right

Make miami great again butch davis 2015

Butch is the greatest talent evaluator and developer there ever was.

He was an average gameday X's and O's coach.

And now he's old, which concerns me.

How does Butch get the moniker "greatest talent evaluator ever" when he wasn't even as good as his boss at Miami and Dallas, Jimmy Johnson? Let alone "greatest ever".

What I remember of Butch is too much of the gameday mis-management and the original "Franchise" poster on grassy referring to him only as Botch.

He is certainly an improvement over the mess that we have had, but I think is legend is greater than his record.

Advertisement
Coach L did not stop coaching for 5 Years.
Coach L did not get fired from last HC position
Coach L team did not go on probation during his time/after
Coach L is great at x's and o's
Coach L does great without top 10 recruiting class

Which of above does Botch do ?

Butch Da Fallback Option's age is irrelevant.

It's his ability to turn into a coRch from time to time and lose to inferior teams.

Add that to the fact he hasn't done anything in college football for almost 15 years.

If George Patton had commanded the Italian army he wouldn't had done anything either. We are not talking about Butch the greatest coach of all time, we are talking about Butch at THE U where against all odds, he built the great team of all time. Listen, if Butch had won his NC and then left, I would have serious doubts about his age. But Butch is not merely hungry but starving. Dude walked away from immortality and knows it. He is desperate to live the dream he woke up to early from, not re-live some dream he had. There is a difference. If JJ wanted to come back, I would agree, he might be too old. But has unfinished business and that is strong motivator.

Hey, I love coach L but when did he recruit a team with Magic, Mike, Russell, Bird and that guy in Cleveland on it? I will not go to the bench he would need to touch Butch's last Miami team. Its about the Jimmys and the Joes not the Xs and Os.

Advertisement
Butch Da Fallback Option's age is irrelevant.

It's his ability to turn into a coRch from time to time and lose to inferior teams.

Add that to the fact he hasn't done anything in college football for almost 15 years.

If George Patton had commanded the Italian army he wouldn't had done anything either. We are not talking about Butch the greatest coach of all time, we are talking about Butch at THE U where against all odds, he built the great team of all time. Listen, if Butch had won his NC and then left, I would have serious doubts about his age. But Butch is not merely hungry but starving. Dude walked away from immortality and knows it. He is desperate to live the dream he woke up to early from, not re-live some dream he had. There is a difference. If JJ wanted to come back, I would agree, he might be too old. But has unfinished business and that is strong motivator.

FFS. Now we're comparing Corch Butch to George Patton.

Chip's already well on his way to diebeetus land. And you guys thought Gorlden was fat?

I mean since this is the thread where we talk about irrelevant physical attributes of coaching candidates right?

lulz

Hey, I love coach L but when did he recruit a team with Magic, Mike, Russell, Bird and that guy in Cleveland on it? I will not go to the bench he would need to touch Butch's last Miami team. Its about the Jimmys and the Joes not the Xs and Os.

So I guess you're fine with a "Recruiter" as a head coach then...

Last edited:
Advertisement

Butch is THE "Recruiter" so yeap. JJ said it is about the Jimmys and the Joes more than the Xs and the Os. Butch know what Miami player look like and what they need to be made into. Would I want him to lead a bunch of coal shovlers against a superior opponent, heck NO. But will I put up with a brain fart one game a year while he builds another monster team, yes sir. Butch is not gonna take yours and beat his like the Bear, but HIS will sure beat the living crap our of YOURS.

Butch will bring back the sand pits and develop Miami players again. His game day coaching is his weak link but his game day is the best we have seen since, well since him, so even that will be an improvement.

Advertisement

Butch is THE "Recruiter" so yeap. JJ said it is about the Jimmys and the Joes more than the Xs and the Os. Butch know what Miami player look like and what they need to be made into. Would I want him to lead a bunch of coal shovlers against a superior opponent, heck NO. But will I put up with a brain fart one game a year while he builds another monster team, yes sir. Butch is not gonna take yours and beat his like the Bear, but HIS will sure beat the living crap our of YOURS.

Butch will bring back the sand pits and develop Miami players again. His game day coaching is his weak link but his game day is the best we have seen since, well since him, so even that will be an improvement.
They took out the sand pits? ****!

Advertisement
Back