Is Butch Davis too old?

Butch Da Fallback Option's age is irrelevant.

It's his ability to turn into a coRch from time to time and lose to inferior teams.

Add that to the fact he hasn't done anything in college football for almost 15 years.

Thank god ur voice is not heard, u can write till dem finger nails bleed but at the end of da day croots want butch bot want butch and fans want butch. Good luck fighting against that on a message board

If there was consensus in the BoT and UM admin that Butch was their #1 guy, he'd have the job already.

It's clear that Butch Davis Da Gawd is a fallback option.

What a crock that the croots want him. Read the article, they want Mario. No need to make things up.

Can't be true. Cane Dynasty is an insider and says they all want Butch Da Gawd.

Advertisement
As concerning as Pete Carolls

As concerning as Nick Saban

As concerning as Coach L's

Very concerning

It's his ability to turn into a coRch from time to time and lose to inferior teams.

Add that to the fact he hasn't done anything in college football for almost 15 years.

Thank god ur voice is not heard, u can write till dem finger nails bleed but at the end of da day croots want butch bot want butch and fans want butch. Good luck fighting against that on a message board

If there was consensus in the BoT and UM admin that Butch was their #1 guy, he'd have the job already.

What a crock that the croots want him. Read the article, they want Mario. No need to make things up.

Can't be true. Cane Dynasty is an insider and says they all want Butch Da Gawd.

Can you please quote where I have said anything about what the recruits want?

I think that Shaq's dad has pretty much covered that issue.

Love how when pipe dreams weren't around, it was Butch this, Butch that...now some long shot pipe dreams have been mentioned, there's more threads to discredit him. Lol. It's truly amazing.

Word to the wise OP, the 60 year olds are running ish...ask Saban, Belichick, Coach K, Coach L, Carroll, etc, etc.

Advertisement

Add that to the fact he hasn't done anything in college football for almost 15 years.[/QUOTE]

A man who has to lie to make a point ain't much of a man.

You're a liar. Dishonest. Misrepresenting - liar.

1995-2000 - Miami Hurricanes HC
2001-2004 - Cleveland Browns HC
2002-2004 - Cleveland Browns General Manager
2007-2010 - UNC Head Coach
2012-2013 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Advisor (Couldn't hold coaching position and receive buyout from UNC)
2013-2015 - ESPN College Football Analyst

Your arithmetic is as bad as your honesty. 15 years. My ***.

Liar.

Chip Kelly is like 52, and looks much older.

In fact, based on his last few years - I'd say he's about used up. He's not doing so well.

He doesn't look nearly as old as Chip.

In fact, based entirely on Chips recent performance, I'd say he's got one leg in the grave.

And looks so much older than Butch.

Fat in the face, chubby, I don't think he's got much left in the tank. Walking heart attack if I've ever seen one.

Advertisement
Not doing something in college football for almost 15 years = no success in college football since the 2001 Sugar Bowl which was 14 years, 10 months ago.

Get your **** together.

Davis is most certainly no God but he does have some very good qualities he brings to the table. I would have no problem with a Davis hire and would actually be excited about it. Do I think he is the Savior? No. Do I think he is an elite X's and O's head coach? No. He does bring a fantastic eye for talent. He has also shown the ability to develop players.

Also, this locker room is rotting in Golden's loser mediocre mindset on top of being soft. Butch will change that culture relatively quickly. Butch will instill mental toughness that we are sorely lacking. I also think he would bring in a great staff and be able to pay them accordingly. A Davis coached team will feature much better line play and the defense will again look like a UM should. In short, Butch is a team builder specifically a foundation builder and in my estimation this program needs very badly to build a rock solid foundation.

I truly think that Davis can successfully address all of these issues and at least leave the next coach a program primed and ready to achieve and maintain success. I would expect Davis to be here for 3-5 years before handing it over to his successor. Now if what we are hearing about the administration's new commitment to spend what is required to get this program back to elite status then we will have many great options once Davis leaves. I'm not some blind follower but I think a Davis hire would be a tremendous positive for this program.

I'm not stuck on Davis as the only option as there are many good candidates out there. I do however think he could be the right guy at the right time assuming we can't get a coach like Patterson, Gundy or Kelly this time around.

Not doing something in college football for almost 15 years = no success in college football since the 2001 Sugar Bowl which was 14 years, 10 months ago.

Get your **** together.

Go to ****.

Now you have to change your narrative. Crawfish. Switch up your story.

Probably got to get someone else to call your dog for you to.

Liar.

Can't stand two types of people. Thieves and liars. Rather trust a murderer - at least you know what you're dealing with.

A liar? Cant' trust them, and can't believe a damned thing they say.

You get your **** together.

Liar.

Last edited:
Love how when pipe dreams weren't around, it was Butch this, Butch that...now some long shot pipe dreams have been mentioned, there's more threads to discredit him. Lol. It's truly amazing.

Word to the wise OP, the 60 year olds are running ish...ask Saban, Belichick, Coach K, Coach L, Carroll, etc, etc.

I'm not discrediting Butch, but I am questioning his longevity and long-term recruiting ability. Other coaches such as Spurrier, Bowden, etc slipped with age.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I am not as concerned with his age as much as I'm concerned with his stinct at UNC and how long he hasn't been an HC.

All these older coaches potatoes site haven't been out of an HC gig since 2010. It is the gap.

Chip Kelly is like 52, and looks much older.

In fact, based on his last few years - I'd say he's about used up. He's not doing so well.

Potato Chip didn't sound too chipper in yesterday's interviews, following rookie Jameis' 5 TD crab injection, he got on Sunday.

Advertisement
Sweet potato. It is Thanksgiving after all.

The age thing is a nonissue IMO. You can legitimately criticize Butch on his game management. Everything else is bogus.

Get your **** together.

Go to ****.

Now you have to change your narrative. Crawfish. Switch up your story.

Probably got to get someone else to call your dog for you to.

Liar.

Can't stand two types of people. Thieves and liars. Rather trust a murderer - at least you know what you're dealing with.

A liar? Cant' trust them, and can't believe a damned thing they say.

You get your **** together.

Liar.

Lol dead

Is Jim larranaga too old to be doing what he is doing? No... You can use many excuses as to why you don't want Butch Davis but don't use that one

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back