Is Butch Davis too old?

Advertisement
Coach L did not stop coaching for 5 Years.
Coach L did not get fired from last HC position
Coach L team did not go on probation during his time/after
Coach L is great at x's and o's
Coach L does great without top 10 recruiting class

Which of above does Botch do ?

Hey, I love coach L but when did he recruit a team with Magic, Mike, Russell, Bird and that guy in Cleveland on it? I will not go to the bench he would need to touch Butch's last Miami team. Its about the Jimmys and the Joes not the Xs and Os.

So I guess you're fine with a "Recruiter" as a head coach then...

Butch is THE "Recruiter" so yeap. JJ said it is about the Jimmys and the Joes more than the Xs and the Os. Butch know what Miami player look like and what they need to be made into. Would I want him to lead a bunch of coal shovlers against a superior opponent, heck NO. But will I put up with a brain fart one game a year while he builds another monster team, yes sir. Butch is not gonna take yours and beat his like the Bear, but HIS will sure beat the living crap our of YOURS.

Butch will bring back the sand pits and develop Miami players again. His game day coaching is his weak link but his game day is the best we have seen since, well since him, so even that will be an improvement.
They took out the sand pits? ****!

I have not been on campus in years, but I do not see them in any video and no evidence of their use based on team speed or slow I should say. Plus that sort of training does not promote weight gain. Probably replace by soft serve ice-cream machines. Maybe the guys who still get down there can confirm.

I don't really see how age plays a role in deciding who your Head Coach should be. Saban is pretty fiery. Butch is a pretty fiery guy, even at this age. Age is irrelevant. Lou Holtz is still pretty fiery. In my personal opinion, I think he is a more fiery guy than Richt, but Miami decided that Coach Richt is the guy that we need at UM right now and I support that decision. Hopefully Butch Davis does get back into coaching, he is a **** of a coach and anybody would be lucky to have him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back