Is A&M's loss a good thing for Miami?

HurricaneForce

O.G. Original Grassy
Does the loss to App State deflate A&M or act as a motivator? Does it shake A&M's confidence and embolden UM? Is there more pressure now on A&M than on Miami to win the game?

My experience has been that being a victim of a mild or moderate upset upset angers and motivates a team. (witness Utah putting up 45 in the first half yesterday) ...but to a huge underdog (and at home ) often will shake a team so bad, they lose motivation.

What do y'all think, the A&M loss help or hurt our chances to beat them?

My call UM 27 A&M 21......saw alot of mental mistakes by A&M during crunch time, They are the ones who have to win our game and they did not look good under pressure yesterday. Couple that with a loss of confidence and I think it will be a tough day for A&M. Sure we have alot of pressure to win, but the loss takes away the cloak of invincibilty A&M has at home with the 12th man.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hard to say. It depends on the mental makeup of the team. In the glory years, if Miami lost a game, the team was usually out for blood the very next game. Over the last 20 years, though, our mentally weak teams have had a tendency to follow bad losses with even worse losses.

We will get there best game now. We will see if the players are taking to Cristobal mindset and get ready and play their best game to this point in the season. When we win 8&4 will implode this season. I just want to see Miami play sound and disciplined. Score is irrelevant just play a full 4 quarters of good **** football

Advertisement
They could be ready to rock, but they could also be demoralized and easy to break their spirits if we get out to an early lead.

This A&M team reminds me of the late Coker teams - a team with elite recruits who aren't meeting expectations, especially of the offensive side of the ball.

Advertisement
I think there are too many ways to overanalyze this.

At first blush I was probably hoping that TAMU would just squeak out a win last night and maybe get a little banged up and have their confidence shaken even with the victory.

That notion really has no more credibility though than the one just mentioned that this could just be the start of a massive implosion for them as they very easily could be a team of poor chemistry that absolutely CAN lose two home games in a row.

At the end of the day I think the biggest determinant of the outcome of this game on either side is going to be the play of one guy- TVD.

I say yes and no but make no mistake they will be ready for us.

I hope our coaches and players watched closely yesterday what App state did to them. Ran the ball and controlled the clock… we can do that with Parrish, Franklin and Rooster… set up screens and play action which Van Dyke is very good at. We don’t need to get cute or fancy

A&M quarterback isn’t mobile at all. We need our line to get after him quick

I can’t see how it’s good for us their fan base is exploding. Onthe other hand it’s really exposed the problems their fan base has had all summer.

Last edited:
Advertisement
our db's can't cover group of 5 receivers very well so far. If this "elite" Dline that @DMoney and others spent all off season salivating over can't start getting pressure on the QB, it could be a long day.

Evan Stewart runs better routes backwards than anyone we've faced so far this year

Advertisement
Back