Tears Irish Tears

The CFP can make its own decisions without getting conference approval as to what schools or conferences get favorable standing? Wtf is going on here?

If so, Phillips needs to get his own MOU ready for the ACC's benefit. :LOL:
Let me back up.

The CFP is governed by the CFP Management Committee, which includes the 10 conference commissioners and ND's AD.


The SEC and Big 10, in the spring, threatened to split and create their own postseason if they weren't given control and allowed to run roughshod over the whole thing. So everyone on the CFP MC signed an MOU that agreed to what they wanted.


The ideas for what the SEC/B10 wants are contained within that MOU. As is ND's guarantee to get into the playoff as long as they are ranked within the Top 14. It's basically a quid pro quo, and the ACC and Big 12 are basically watching everything from the sidelines.

Now, back to your initial question of MOU's being legally enforceable...sometimes they are. It depends on whether or not they have the requirements of a valid and enforceable contract - 1) offer, 2) acceptance, and 3) consideration. So if this MOU has those three things, a court could find that this MOU is indeed a valid and legally enforceable contract. But most of the times, MOUs are not, because they don't have consideration (usually money exchange).

Hope that clears it up a bit.
 
I appreciate that. And by no means am I saying I feel that way. I was actually trying to give you guys a friendly heads up. The boards are ugly with some of that. I do not agree. I am trying to talk reason to them. By then I am sure they will calm down. Just tensions are hot today.
Thanks. Like I said, we get it too.

And I think pretty much everyone agrees that Bama should have been out, and it should have been both of us in. Sucks that it didn't work out that way.
 
Kalen DeBoer is absolutely over his head, Alabama recruiting itself has sustained the dismal record they have had so far.

My only fear is that we don't extend Mario and in a year or two, that opens up. I had feared that if the CFP didn't put Miami in, that Mario might start thinking that it is limited in Miami due to the hate of UM and he might have to move on.
Dude you guys actually think Mario would leave? I don’t get you guys couldn’t wait to fire Mario now you guys are afraid he would leave to bama wtf.
 
Lmaooo Lou 😭
IMG_0368.png
 
Lol, my fiance knows nothing about football, but she's from the Bronx and would 100% talk sh*t to Xavier Watts in my absence
Hahahaha good girl! And congrats on the engagement!

I told him Drake London went to USC, so he would definitely have his back, and he still said no. :cry:
 
that is basically Notre Dame's season anyway

maybe they can add "Merchant Marine Academy" to playing Army, Navy and Air Force

Stanford, Cal, Boston College, Purdue, Michigan State

wow- so impressive Notre Dame!!
Unfortunately we need each other for any type of schedule strength. Not sure what we are gonna do in 2027 and beyond as long as we are in this **** conference.
 
Back
Top