Tears Irish Tears

I'm not sure they get a say as they've outsourced that agency to the CFP.
The CFP can make its own decisions without getting conference approval as to what schools or conferences get favorable standing? Wtf is going on here?

If so, Phillips needs to get his own MOU ready for the ACC's benefit. :LOL:
 
lol at ‘not necessarily’. It is 100% our fault. We beat you.

And nobody’s afraid of the crowd at ND. You aren’t beating up anyone.
 
ND automatically getting a bid if they’re top 12 is ridiculous
Like WTF, all must bow down and kiss their feet because Notre Dame is the only Power 5 school not fully in a conference. A long time ago, Miami was an independent, and we eventually joined the Big LEast.

Why does Notre Dame feel so special that they don't have to do what everyone else does, and have special rules in place for them?
 
lol at ‘not necessarily’. It is 100% our fault. We beat you.

And nobody’s afraid of the crowd at ND. You aren’t beating up anyone.
You can jeer and boo me, but no touchy. Fair is fair. We didn't do these things to Notre Dame fans in '17 (There was one fight) and someone threw a beer bottle at a bus. But you guys got off easy. If this were the *OB* days, there would've been people literally howling for blood.
 
Congrats, guys. You deserve to be in. So do we. No way that joke of an SEC gets 5 teams in. I would root for you to win it all, but some of you were idiots, taking shots at ND instead of the SEC. I likely won't watch. Who cares? The SEC stacked it, hoping to get a title, which they likely won't get anyway. Good luck guys. Not your fault the system is corrupt.

Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network


ND and SEC are both coddled and entitled.
 
We were taking shots back because a large part of your fanbase was trying to gaslight the cfb world into thinking the h2h results didn't matter. Thankfully the cfb world shamed the committee into honoring the most important datapoint - the on the field result.
I understand that. My friends and I were trying to ignore the SEC smokescreen and let it be known that you and us should both be in and that the SEC is mid, deserving nowhere near five teams.
 
Congrats, guys. You deserve to be in. So do we. No way that joke of an SEC gets 5 teams in. I would root for you to win it all, but some of you were idiots, taking shots at ND instead of the SEC. I likely won't watch. Who cares? The SEC stacked it, hoping to get a title, which they likely won't get anyway. Good luck guys. Not your fault the system is corrupt.
Easy for me to write this because we are in the playoffs; however, the real villain here isn’t Miami or ND. It’s the SEC and their stranglehold on the playoffs. The Committee’s decision to keep Bama at 9 and not drop a single spot after getting destroyed in the SEC Championship game is unprecedented. Every single team that has lost a conference championship game in the history of the playoffs has dropped at least one spot.

The SEC/B1G control the networks and the playoffs. They clearly did not want to see the regular season SEC #1 seed not make the playoffs. The fix was in the prior week when they inexplicably moved Bama ahead of ND based on a mediocre performance against 7-loss Auburn and despite suspect wins the prior few weeks.

Just my $.02.
 
I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. I understand your disappointment with today's result. Truly, we get it, as we've been there as a fanbase before, in this same position. Many times. I've been saying for two weeks that I've already got the antitrust lawsuit drafted in my head and ready to file.

I'm not sure if you are new to this rivalry, and / or perhaps haven't seen all the drivel that's been flung back and forth on the internet between BOTH fanbases this week, but you have to realize that you are on a Canes board. Perhaps this isn't the best place for you to be venting your frustrations right now. You are, of course, always welcome here as you seem to usually be friendly and respectful, so this isn't me telling you to get off the board or anything. Just trying to give some advice based on the the bolded part, which might not go over so well here.
I appreciate that. And by no means am I saying I feel that way. I was actually trying to give you guys a friendly heads up. The boards are ugly with some of that. I do not agree. I am trying to talk reason to them. By then I am sure they will calm down. Just tensions are hot today.
 
Why would we want to play crappy BYU? You wouldn't either. The main reason we declined is it is because it is on ESPN, which is in bed with the SEC and took every chance they had to talk crap about us. We are about to be at war with ESPN and the corruption. We will play in no bowl games they are showing other than the playoffs, no gameday allowed in South Bend, everyone unsubscribing to anything ESPN related, not watching the playoff, boycotting anything Disney, etc. We blame the SEC and ESPN 100% not necessarily you.
To be fair, your fanbase kept asking to be compared to bama and not us. In the end, that’s what happened and it was determined bama was better. You have never been considered better than us, we look better on the field, we beat you head to head. Are you better than Oklahoma or bama? Who knows, since they both beat a couple teams with a pulse. Enjoy the offseason. Look forward to ending your season early again in south bend.
 
Easy for me to write this because we are in the playoffs; however, the real villain here isn’t Miami or ND. It’s the SEC and their stranglehold on the playoffs. The Committee’s decision to keep Bama at 9 and not drop a single spot after getting destroyed in the SEC Championship game is unprecedented. Every single team that has lost a conference championship game in the history of the playoffs has dropped at least one spot.

The SEC/B1G control the networks and the playoffs. They clearly did not want to see the regular season SEC #1 seed not make the playoffs. The fix was in the prior week when they inexplicably moved Bama ahead of ND based on a mediocre performance against 7-loss Auburn and despite suspect wins the prior few weeks.

Just my $.02.
When the SEC got 3 in last season and the B1G got 4 in, Sankey lost his **** and apparently got his way this season. I think there will significant changes coming this offseason for conference tiebreakers and what games will be played on "championship weekend" (i.e. no more SEC Championship game). ****, when the emotions of the day fade for ND, they may even announce a decision to fully join a conference (although this MOU that's been mentioned in other posts probably nullifies that possibility).
 
Back
Top