IPF Ready for fall practice

CFLCane

Junior
Banned
Indoor Practice Facility Expected Ready for Preseason Practices

“Our plan is we’re going to be in it in August for practice,” said Miami director of athletics Blake James. “So when we have fall camp, we’ll be in it during fall camp. My goal is we’ll be in there day one, but that’s not something we can control. We’ll be in there as soon as we can be and whatever it is, we’re going to be exciting to have it and it will be a blessing for our program.”

A date for the start of fall practices has not yet been announced, but it is expected to be the first week of August.

The $34 million facility, which began being built last year, has been on schedule throughout the process and August has always been the target date ahead of the upcoming 2018 season, which starts Sept. 2.

“Credit to the facilities people on campus to Lemartec, who is our contractor, what they’ve done in a small window is just simply incredible,” James asid. “I was just in it (Monday) and to see the windows going in and all of the offices framed in and to get a better feel for just the massiveness of the space our guys will have to practice and perform, it’s a real blessing for us and it’s been said, but I don’t think you can say it enough, just grateful for the Soffer family and all of those who stepped up and made it a reality because it’s clearly something we needed as a program.”

The Miami Hurricanes are coming off a 10-3 season with an appearance in the Orange Bowl. They open the 2018 campaign against LSU in Arlington, Texas.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So, Mark Richt has helped to build the wall? I'm so confused. He doesn't LOOK Mexican.

Advertisement
Lemartec is a top flight general contractor they only use the best subcontractors in the business to work with them , August is a possibility for sure to open just keep the suits out of there way and fund there draw and over time labor on time.

I wasn't to confident earlier in the process do to the lack of donations in funding the IPF , but the check was cut to fund anyway do to the publicity of falling short was to great internal politics wouldn't allow bad press of lack of support in donations to affect project wise move smart.

The U went first class in all phases and spared no expense in Lemartec down to job clean up of the IPF construction.

This facility is "state of the art " cutting edge no doubt , very impressive in every way, can't wait for the topping off BBQ and walk through party to throw the ball in there.

THIS IS ONE BAD BOY.

GOCANES

I've been confused about one thing since the IPF was announced. And it wasn't clear to me from the renderings or video. Is the IPF connected to Hecht or is it a completely separate structure? Seems like it might be easy enough to connect the two but can't tell if that's actually what's happening.

I've been confused about one thing since the IPF was announced. And it wasn't clear to me from the renderings or video. Is the IPF connected to Hecht or is it a completely separate structure? Seems like it might be easy enough to connect the two but can't tell if that's actually what's happening.
It's connected to pork n bean projects so the players can be close to home after practice...

Advertisement
IPF is a game changer and will set the tone , what's neat is if MR wants to conceal a practice or some special game preparations just walk indoors and U are in lock down , those windows are special like glasses that get dark on outside looking in or clear up to let the sun shine in.
Inside lighting is LED sports lighters with automatic dimming control to match ambient light so no dark spots.

Just the video technology and IT and maybe even AI being installed with security OCC sensors space age stuff people , this facility is the BOMB LMAO.

GOCANES

Advertisement
It will be connected to the Hecht. This article gives some details.
The Miami Hurricanes are closing in on 83,000 square feet of refuge from the storms

Good stuff! To summarize:

- Two fields - one 80 yards and one 40 yards (small field under Richt's office mezzanine)
- 56 feet of overhead clearance for punting and kicking
- 30,000 sq ft football operations complex w/offices, meeting rooms, and recruiting areas (attached to Hecht)
- Richt's office overlooks the inside of the facility and will have a patio and balcony overlooking the practice fields
- Richt still wants Canes to practice outside as much as possible, but they now have the flexibility to come inside if Greentree is muddy/torn up, or if the heat/humidity is an injury risk

Good stuff! To summarize:

- Two fields - one 80 yards and one 40 yards (small field under Richt's office mezzanine)
- 56 feet of overhead clearance for punting and kicking
- 30,000 sq ft football operations complex w/offices, meeting rooms, and recruiting areas (attached to Hecht)
- Richt's office overlooks the inside of the facility and will have a patio and balcony overlooking the practice fields
- Richt still wants Canes to practice outside as much as possible, but they now have the flexibility to come inside if Greentree is muddy/torn up, or if the heat/humidity is an injury risk

That doesn't sound like much. But I guess with our punter it should be sufficient.

Advertisement
Back