IPF Ready for fall practice

Advertisement
FWIW, though, Feagals isn't quite as bad as we're making him out to be. He just had too many shanks. He either kicked it well, or he shanked it. If he makes even a little improvement in year 2, we'll chalk it up to freshmans jitters.

FWIW, though, Feagals isn't quite as bad as we're making him out to be. He just had too many shanks. He either kicked it well, or he shanked it. If he makes even a little improvement in year 2, we'll chalk it up to freshmans jitters.

No, he is/was last season. He can definitely improve though. I remember watching him warm up during pregame and halftime of the ACCCG and shaking my head. Dude was really bad.

Very disappointed.

I was assured by the construction and contractor experts that there was no chance this was going to be ready.

Another failure by our “experts”.

Last year we were repeatedly and emphatically lectured that the Hard Rock wouldn’t be ready for the home opener, and we would be playing in Orlando. Porsters were wailing like war widows. Multiple threads, angry posts, recriminations, accusations, and bltching like super emotional menopausal banshees.

Very telling about the mental state of a lot of porsters on this site.

Advertisement
Very disappointed.

I was assured by the construction and contractor experts that there was no chance this was going to be ready.

Another failure by our “experts”.

Last year we were repeatedly and emphatically lectured that the Hard Rock wouldn’t be ready for the home opener, and we would be playing in Orlando. Porsters were wailing like war widows. Multiple threads, angry posts, recriminations, accusations, and bltching like super emotional menopausal banshees.

Very telling about the mental state of a lot of porsters on this site.
Lol
59376B83-2D05-4703-AD0C-8FC3C500778C.jpeg

I have know doubt that Feagals did some serious punting camps during the off season like Khols college punting camp and will be excited to show his improvement in field position opportunities this year.

GOCANES

OK, here it is and it's a pretty good source from the site it self ......

No way will IPF be open for camp period for start of new season practices , just is NOT going to happen , to many other contractors experiencing change orders , revisions and so on to hit CO certificate of occupancy by opening day of camp , every contractor is pressing forward hard but......NO WAY.

GOCANES

DEB2DCF3-C433-47B9-80E7-47143428A220.gif

Yep, our local CIS experts on the money.

Major Nine is TouchMoney, @GOCANES05 is TouchElectricity.

Advertisement
I've just driven by the facility, very, very slowly, 3 mph in fact. I stuck my head out the window and got a VERY close view. I can now say with full confidence it will be ready August 9th. I'm an engineer and a contractor, I also drive a cement mixer so TRUST ME.

Uh, that’s kind of the point. Sometimes, the more expert people say they are, the less likely they are to be right. Not always, of course. But you get a sense of the hot air.

Definitely agree. I guess that’s the entertainment factor sometimes.

Gotta take everything with a ginormous grain of salt. Sometimes folks get too caught up and lose their cool.

Advertisement
Good stuff! To summarize:

- Two fields - one 80 yards and one 40 yards (small field under Richt's office mezzanine)
- 56 feet of overhead clearance for punting and kicking
- 30,000 sq ft football operations complex w/offices, meeting rooms, and recruiting areas (attached to Hecht)
- Richt's office overlooks the inside of the facility and will have a patio and balcony overlooking the practice fields
- Richt still wants Canes to practice outside as much as possible, but they now have the flexibility to come inside if Greentree is muddy/torn up, or if the heat/humidity is an injury risk

That doesn't sound like much. But I guess with our punter it should be sufficient.

first thing I was thinking

apparently, we don't punt the football anymore

Piped in? You mean Plumbing roughed in? I can’t imagine Plumbing holding up this show. They aren’t adding locker rooms so we are talking a few restrooms and may be a kitchen.

Only negative is that GreenTree looks crowded now, I drove by there recently and the IPF is HUGE. Area looks crowded, I'm hoping after they clean up the fences and construction materials it would recuperate the open space feel we had. Does anyone know what would be the new purpose of the existing football building? Would pay for a tour of the entire finished place, a few years ago someone had done a professional video of our facilities.

Advertisement
Piped in? You mean Plumbing roughed in? I can’t imagine Plumbing holding up this show. They aren’t adding locker rooms so we are talking a few restrooms and may be a kitchen.
Not a new lockeroom but I think the weight room will somehow be connected to the ipf too and they are adding new coaching offices, video room and a new recruiting suite

Only negative is that GreenTree looks crowded now, I drove by there recently and the IPF is HUGE. Area looks crowded, I'm hoping after they clean up the fences and construction materials it would recuperate the open space feel we had. Does anyone know what would be the new purpose of the existing football building? Would pay for a tour of the entire finished place, a few years ago someone had done a professional video of our facilities.

Canefrank,

Lemartec is a premier GC and there work is impeccable whether it's a small multi million dollar project or many times larger no limit they can bond easily .The IPF will be spotless and ready for magazine type photos.
I supplied many of there projects through out south Florida over the many years they are very easy to work with ,just keep there draws coming on time approve change orders fast they don't allow there subs to slack off holding them up , this is why the project is on time.

Were going to donate tools, gift certificates and test equipment at the topping off party drawings along with other vendors and maybe play some touch football on the new field with some old time alumni player friends can't wait.

GOCANES

I'm sure GOCANES gave his best estimates based on his experience and what he saw at the time as an electrical equipment installer.

Just like anyone else they may have been influenced by how he was feeling about the timing and change orders affecting his portion of the work at the time.

Sure, its entertaining to knock someone who gave a bad guess, but as we all should know, everything especially ready dates are subject to change depending on how much resources you apply to solving any problems or delays.

GOCANES wasn't the GC who always has a much better grasp of the overall project, nor could he influence the resources that were applied to this project...... so I always took his perspective with a grain of salt ......but I for one appreciated hearing from someone who was actually on the job.

In the end it looks like ALL involved did a great job on the IPF:fistbump:They should ALL be proud of their accomplishment,

Just like we will be when we finally have it ready for use.

So Thanks!!

Last edited:
I'm sure GOCANES gave his best estimates based on his experience and what he saw at the time as an electrical equipment installer.

Just like anyone else they may have been influenced by how he was feeling about the timing and change orders affecting his portion of the work at the time.

Sure, its entertaining to knock someone who gave a bad guess, but as we all should know, everything especially ready dates are subject to change depending on how much resources you apply to solving any problems or delays.

GOCANES wasn't the GC who always has a much better grasp of the overall project, nor could he influence the resources that were applied to this project...... so I always took his perspective with a grain of salt ......but I for one appreciated hearing from someone who was actually on the job.

In the end it looks like ALL involved did a great job on the IPF :fistbump:They should ALL be proud of their accomplishment

So Thanks!!

Thank you Mainline for sharing excellent points expressed , yes a grain of salt in the construction business is a must , it's a hero to zero industry and changes direction daily . People who are on the outside looking in with no perception of this business are prone to make silly unsubstantiated false rhetoric comments this is quite normal and ignored for they know not what they say.

GOCANES

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back