IPF- Progress Pics (OP Updated July 10)

Let me ask this. Is it possible to go with the changes completed, somewhere in August, have it inspected, and after the inspections are satisfactory, have access and use.

And THEN, as though the more recent change orders were improvements on the finished structure - then pursue those after the opening.

Or are they of the nature that's too complicated to separate?

Actually this is a possibility , they could at this time go with what they have on last revisions install them , call FPL to connect , temp to test and then call for FINAL.

Once signed off on after couple inspections since CCG never approves large projects on first walk through , but once done after final request certificate of occupancy then do new drawing for additional work to be done later down the road.

But YES this has been done before no doubt , nice it could happen keep all your eyes OPEN ON THIS.

GOCANES

Advertisement
True but they will only be in there a few days throughout the fall which will vary because it is Florida and it rains/storm out of nowhere so In that sense it’s going to be used to make sure practice won’t be affected. On extremely hot days I could See them using it but not all the time

Agreed. Which was pretty much what I said in an earlier post. Every comment I've heard regarding the IP from this staff is that it will be used on afternoons when lightning will not permit outside practice.

As for the heat, these guys have been practicing outside in Florida for their entire lives. From pee-wee all the way through high school. Not sure why all of the sudden they would need to only practice in air conditioning once they reach college. For all the grief that UM has gotten about not having an indoor facility the only player I can remember in recent history to have any health related issues to the heat was Hunter Knighton a few years back.

Actually this is a possibility , they could at this time go with what they have on last revisions install them , call FPL to connect , temp to test and then call for FINAL.

Once signed off on after couple inspections since CCG never approves large projects on first walk through , but once done after final request certificate of occupancy then do new drawing for additional work to be done later down the road.

But YES this has been done before no doubt , nice it could happen keep all your eyes OPEN ON THIS.

GOCANES

Which is basically what most reasonable people have been suggesting on here for a long time.

That the facility could be very possibly ready for provisional use by sometime in August, with final touches and inspections sometime after that.

But some people have been too busy cheerleading and boasting about how there’s no chance there’s any way it’s ready.

Which is basically what most reasonable people have been suggesting on here for a long time.

That the facility could be very possibly ready for provisional use by sometime in August, with final touches and inspections sometime after that.

But some people have been too busy cheerleading and boasting about how there’s no chance there’s any way it’s ready.

OCC believe me ( I know you don't) but I want this project to final asap , I saw a photo earlier from Brock but it only showed the field sorry to say but the upper levels are just important.

We need to see those areas dry walled in and ready to be trimmed out , funny thing is the wiring devices haven't been put out for bid yet which tells me there's no rush yet.

OCC this project is still being piped and roughed in stage still , I don't go to the job sites I send my outside guys did that 25 years ago .

No wiring devices no FINAL , that's why I have a pretty accurate sense 8/4 is laughable , the flow of the job in material tells me everything I need to know.

Hope this makes sense all bull crap aside , my guess (2) months left at best.

How does this sound ?

GOCANES

Advertisement
The obvious goal has to be to get the field ready for practice during bad weather. The offices and everything else can be finished during the season. They are making good progress.

Hate to be short but the City of Coral Gables will NOT allow that they have the strictest code enforcement around and will NOT be party to this in accepting the liability PERIOD they do not cut corners in anyway no matter how big the BAG.

GOCANES

OCC believe me ( I know you don't) but I want this project to final asap , I saw a photo earlier from Brock but it only showed the field sorry to say but the upper levels are just important.

We need to see those areas dry walled in and ready to be trimmed out , funny thing is the wiring devices haven't been put out for bid yet which tells me there's no rush yet.

OCC this project is still being piped and roughed in stage still , I don't go to the job sites I send my outside guys did that 25 years ago .

No wiring devices no FINAL , that's why I have a pretty accurate sense 8/4 is laughable , the flow of the job in material tells me everything I need to know.

Hope this makes sense all bull crap aside , my guess (2) months left at best.

How does this sound ?

GOCANES
Pic of your $1000 cowboy boots propped up on your monster desk?

Hate to be short but the City of Coral Gables will NOT allow that they have the strictest code enforcement around and will NOT be party to this in accepting the liability PERIOD they do not cut corners in anyway no matter how big the BAG.

GOCANES

Another contradiction.

Three posts back you told another poster that access and use were possible in August.

Amateur hour.

Advertisement
Please everyone let them build the IPF as the University of Miami wants , everyone's will jaws will drop in amazement when complete.

This is a state of the art facility 1st class all the way takes time , it's worth the wait believe me it is.

GOCANES

Another contradiction.

Three posts back you told another poster that access and use were possible in August.

Amateur hour.

Just think OCC add the IPF to long list of front page projects GOCANE05 has supplied in switchgear ,feeders and lighting in South Florida you'd be hard pressed to find one that I haven't in some way haven't been involved in.

Being called AMATEUR is an awesome compliment OCC , the more people that think that way the more jobs I get , competitors are my FOOD I feed of them there underestimation of me give me SHIVERS of $$$$ margin on my jobs.

I JUST SHOWED YOUR REPLY TO THE EATON CUTLER HAMMER SWITCH-GEAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER I'M WORKING GETTING SPECIFIED ON A NEW JOB WITH.

LMAO HE JUST SAID WE TRULY DO FEED OF PEOPLE UNDERESTIMATE THE BIG MAN.......GROUP LAUGH HAPPENING ...OMG

LATER OCC LUNCH MEETING A CALLING...GEEEZ LATER.

GOCANES

Just think OCC add the IPF to long list of front page projects GOCANE05 has supplied in switchgear ,feeders and lighting in South Florida you'd be hard pressed to find one that I haven't in some way haven't been involved in.

Being called AMATEUR is an awesome compliment OCC , the more people that think that way the more jobs I get , competitors are my FOOD I feed of them there underestimation of me give me SHIVERS of $$$$ margin on my jobs.

I JUST SHOWED YOUR REPLY TO THE EATON CUTLER HAMMER SWITCH-GEAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEER I'M WORKING GETTING SPECIFIED ON A NEW JOB WITH.

LMAO HE JUST SAID WE TRULY DO FEED OF PEOPLE UNDERESTIMATE THE BIG MAN.......GROUP LAUGH HAPPENING ...OMG

LATER OCC LUNCH MEETING A CALLING...GEEEZ LATER.

GOCANES

Oblivious

See OCC how ,I'm always the focus always in the middle with all the attention LMAO , BOY I LOVE THIS STUFF....IMAGINE IN MY WORK HAHAHAHAHA LOLOL .....I DO A TON OF BUSINESS OCC...TONS..TOP DOG BIG HONCHO GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

OCC ok I'll offer , my top OS guy here does about $2.5 - 3 million (REVISED SORRY) a month has (3) warehouses of his own he stocks for his jobs and (2) drivers (1) tractor trailer driver he pays , me I'm probably right now mid month hmmmmmm hold on checking one moment I'm right at $600K so far from my desk will do around $900K we'll see how it goes ,I just signed the new BADIA spice factory / offices down near Medley so yeah $900K is accurate this month pretty close.

OCC how's this I'll pay you $11.00 an hour to work the counter ,will calls and some warehouse plus 5 % commission ( really S/B 2%) but I make the RULES HERE on your counter sales, can you drive a forklift ???

LET ME KNOW,ASAP

GOCANES

Last edited:
Advertisement
See OCC how ,I'm always the focus always in the middle with all the attention LMAO , BOY I LOVE THIS STUFF....IMAGINE IN MY WORK HAHAHAHAHA LOLOL .....I DO A TON OF BUSINESS OCC...TONS..TOP DOG BIG HONCHO GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ.

OCC ok I'll offer , my top OS guy here does about $2.5 - 3 million (REVISED SORRY) a month has (3) warehouses of his own he stocks for his jobs and (2) drivers (1) tractor trailer driver he pays , me I'm probably right now mid month hmmmmmm hold on checking one moment I'm right at $600K so far from my desk will do around $900K we'll see how it goes ,I just signed the new BADIA spice factory / offices down near Medley so yeah $900K is accurate this month pretty close.

OCC how's this I'll pay you $11.00 an hour to work the counter ,will calls and some warehouse plus 5 % commission ( really S/B 2%) but I make the RULES HERE on your counter sales, can you drive a forklift ???

LET ME KNOW,ASAP

GOCANES

GEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Gocanes05 be coming up with new stuff every day . All types of new lies and concoctions about the ipf lol. Best thread after gator tears

Gocanes05 be coming up with new stuff every day . All types of new lies and concoctions about the ipf lol. Best thread after gator tears

I'm glad everyone's enjoying this , all part of making this forum fun :)

I love good laughter always hunting good endorphin action

Brock seriously any news on Jordan I think of that young man often , please sir let me/ us know.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Please everyone let them build the IPF as the University of Miami wants , everyone's will jaws will drop in amazement when complete.

This is a state of the art facility 1st class all the way takes time , it's worth the wait believe me it is.

GOCANES

The only one that seems to be stopping UM from building the IPF they want is you by holding all the switching gear hostage in your warehouse!
Stop playing grab a$$ with all your friends around the big desk and deliver what we are missing!

I've yet to see any top secret information put out - really - not much more than someone who will provide the snow cone machine would have and be able to share since the snow cone machine will be one of the last items plugged in.

Any of your clients who would sue over such information as this - are a$$holes - bone deep, petty, uninformed, money whores who wear a fake Rolex, a bit Cuban chain, and got their wives some botched over-sized breast-es-es enhancements that look like a Hershey's kiss.

I for one, have been around the construction business here and there - and I see that really - very little has changed. If a design change was made - it's nothing to sue over - it's an improvement that the recipient wants - and likely to make the building more useful and even versatile.

This world would be so much better off is we just rounded up all the lawyers and put a .44 caliber hole through their squashes. Then go after their more frequent clients . . .

And by the way. Usually, bids are requested, and that sum is compared to their body of work - something that good subcontractors somehow manage to stay busy and keep getting the jobs.

And apparently, this sub is doing things right, and for the right price. That's what developers want.

They don't give a rat's fuzzy a$$ what is said here on CIS when the topic is the IPF - and we're all anxious to see it finished.

Get some new clients. It will relax you. Ground you. Reality is and can be a wonderful thing. You're just hanging out with the wrong people.

No offense man, you are a good poster and often very funny, but you don't know what you are talking about here. I should never have chimed in to begin with, you start to argue with fools, well, you know the rest. I only said something because if anyone is buying this stuff, it is damaging to the image of both the University of Miami and the contractors involved. Yes, it's all funny, but there is also real world stuff involved here. And before you go back to the better clients will relax you thing, there is nothing stressful about working with professionals who take their business seriously and expect those that they do business with to do the same. Stress is dealing with lazy and unprofessional loudmouths who don't take their work seriously.

Poster claiming to be a vendor to UM clearly has a sense of humor and we often agree about things, I have no interest in any personal quarrel with him. If he is for real, he can still share some information with this board while being a bit more discreet and classy about it. I certainly wouldn't, in his position, but that's his choice. If he is not legit, he should consider that his posing has and could have real world consequences for people and their livelihoods. I'm all for joking around, but ******* around with people's reputations and livelihoods is not really as cool as it may seem.

That's my last on this. As you were.

Advertisement
Back