IPF - 1.2M remains to fund

Just FYI its not my fight but only 30% of the people with accounting degrees actually hold a CPA license.

I am sure that is the case since tons of people hold useless accounting degrees from schools that are essentially 4 year community colleges. However, every kid I knew at the U that was an accounting major recieved their CPA within 2 years of graduating(most of them passed all 4 portions of the test within a year of graduating. Also, I know numerous accountants who I met through friends, family, etc. that are all in the same boat.

Advertisement
That's giving something. How and the amount given is up to the giver.

The point I'm making is that these facilities are not free nor mandatory for the University and really are outside of its scope for existing. They have no obligation to pay for it. The Univ's $$ rightly goes towards education and research

If the sports team and its fans wants it, the sports team and its fans should raise the $$ to build it .....and that's what they are attempting to do.

At other Universities, their fans ( both rich and poor) contribute $$$ to build these types of sports facilities. They are also blessed with much larger sports budgets from which they can divert some $$ towards this type of venture and alumni bases. We at Miami ,as a private institution of higher learning, small alumni base, don't have that ability.

Miami is asking their fans who always seem to expect so much from them to help them get something that they need....I'm surprised that reactions have been anything other than a resounding YES I'll give my team what I can. Especially from anyone claiming to know anything about University accounting and finance and how sports departments are financed
I disagree that they are outside of scope......more people know Miami from football than anything else, it put them on the map. They still choose not to fund it cause its convenient.

Advertisement
I disagree that they are outside of scope......more people know Miami from football than anything else, it put them on the map. They still choose not to fund it cause its convenient.

C'mon. Please tell me you're kidding Juan. This isn't arguable.

Plain and simple, look at our charter OR the charter of ANY OTHER University. They were ALL founded for educational curricular activities. NOT Sports.

Having a football team is NOT in ANY University's charter. Not even football paradises like Bama, or Ohio State.... Its not me saying that ....its a plain and simple fact

That is why sports are known as extra-curricular activities.

You seem like someone who's willing to learn, so look it up for yourself Juan. Maybe that will help you understand why Universities seek outside funding for sports activities. There is nothing fishy going on with the IPF. The University is spending its $$ as it should be doing.They have a BOD that reviews all expenditures to insure that they do.

And just because more people know a certain University for its sports team, doesn't take away from that University's primary mission which will always be education & research.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This is the kind of info I’m looking instead all this other stuff. What’s the hold up ?

I know the IPF is dried in since electrical contractor has requested all the panel cans to pipe in and connected usually electrical is the last in everything waiting for plumbers , security systems and so on before they can do the next step.

I assure you the electrical contractor is the best of the best in electrical nation wide like no other but has to always wait for other contractors to catch up before they can do there thing.

I've heard nothing from them stating any issues and everything seems to be moving forward , this Sept. thing of being finished seems far fetched since the TEMP TO TEST cannot occur till EVERYTHING in the IPF is electrically connected to be turned on. When I get the memo to ship everything I'll let you all know should be very soon unless others run into issues.

I hope to have the copper feeder order request also if I'M LOW :( BIDDER WE WILL SEE this all needs to be pulled in.

Again so far all is well on the IPF moving forward.

GOCANES

C'mon. Please tell me you're kidding Juan. This isn't arguable.

Plain and simple, look at our charter OR the charter of ANY OTHER University. They were ALL founded for educational curricular activities. NOT Sports.

Having a football team is NOT in ANY University's charter. Not even football paradises like Bama, or Ohio State.... Its not me saying that ....its a plain and simple fact

That is why sports are known as extra-curricular activities.

You seem like someone who's willing to learn, so look it up for yourself Juan. Maybe that will help you understand why Universities seek outside funding for sports activities. There is nothing fishy going on with the IPF. The University is spending its $$ as it should be doing.They have a BOD that reviews all expenditures to insure that they do.

And just because more people know a certain University for its sports team, doesn't take away from that University's primary mission which will always be education & research.

The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding. I'm reading "why should I have to pay?" from the same people who complain that we whiffed on 5 star DBs and that we can't get better coaches. This is why rivals laugh at us.

or because of federal education funding regulations that still exist despite your refusal to believe otherwise.

or because of federal education funding regulations that still exist despite your refusal to believe otherwise.

It’s impossible to get through to people like this.

They are willfully ignorant and refuse to believe the truth, even when it’s black and white, clear, and right under their nose.

They just want to live in their bubble of self-imposed ignorance and refuse to accept the reality of the world around them.

The sad part is, this clown claims to be an educated person, yet refuses to understand some very basic concepts and rules regarding federally funded educational institutions.

Advertisement
Are any of you all , employees or in so in some way tied to the U Where you will be part of the IPF walk through like grand opening?

Or anyone from Canes Insight going or have you heard anything?

I’ve been invited with my companies owner by the GC and EC to be there for a tour and hopefully throw a football 🏈 around with some players.

I’m not sure if it’s part of the festivities or just a topping off party 🎉 BBQ and drawings for all workers and so on usually when a job is finished and every one survived?

Any way just asking, it would be great to meet fellow CIS buddy ole pals here .

Maybe even OCC you never know 😳🙌

GOCANES

It’s impossible to get through to people like this.

They are willfully ignorant and refuse to believe the truth, even when it’s black and white, clear, and right under their nose.

They just want to live in their bubble of self-imposed ignorance and refuse to accept the reality of the world around them.

The sad part is, this clown claims to be an educated person, yet refuses to understand some very basic concepts and rules regarding federally funded educational institutions.
so ******* enlighten me you piece of ****. Send me the section that regulates UM from spending money outside of that which is specifically restricted by the donor.....I'm fine with saying im wrong and an ******* like you is correct.

Advertisement
show me the regulation.....i'm not aware of it. I'm not refusing to believe something smartass, i'm just not aware of it. Maybe stop being a prick and send me the link since I couldn't find it.

so ******* enlighten me you piece of ****. Send me the section that regulates UM from spending money outside of that which is specifically restricted by the donor.....I'm fine with saying im wrong and an ******* like you is correct.

Motherf*cker I’m not your errand boy, find it your gø**** self.

I like my CPA's obese with super thick glasses.
milton.gif

Advertisement
Back