IPF - 1.2M remains to fund

Something ain't right.. the amount raised as per the Give2IPF website hasn't moved in a month (at least)... It still says we are short $700k! That's impossible!

Is it? Donate $10 and watch the number go up $10. Have you read this thread? It's filled with people saying Miami doesn't need their money.

Advertisement
Something ain't right.. the amount raised as per the Give2IPF website hasn't moved in a month (at least)... It still says we are short $700k! That's impossible!

Take a look at page 8 of this thread. It says there was just a $1M donation from someone in Boca. My guess is that they just haven't gotten around to updating the website at this point because it's probably fully funded and low on the priority list.

Once again, if football was such a driver of academic success, then why is it that the SEC isn't far and away the best academic group, outside of the Ivy League? WHY? Football and sports are a marketing tool, nothing more. What really matters is having people that want to donate to the academic side, which means you can draw in the faculty, and the RESEARCH DOLLARS that really fuel a school's rise. It's not an accident that Stanford hasn't won much of anything in our lifetimes, but are far and away the best private school on the West Coast. WHY? Because they got linked in with Xerox and other Silicon Valley companies in the seventies, and became the incubator of that industry. That money, that RESEARCH money helped them build, because they needed facilities. Stanford was **** good before the bubble, but it got really, really good afterwards.

Had the City of Miami stayed small, the school most likely wouldn't have grown the way it did, even if the football program thrived. The City of Miami growing, and becoming an international city was far more important to the school's rise than 12-13 fall Saturdays.

By the way, I have a BS from Miami(Biology major if you actually wanted to know), as well as my JD. That said, it's obvious that you don't have any **** clue how any world class institution operates. I find it hilarious that you are whining about Dr. Shalala accepting that check. So, she was supposed to know something the FBI and the SEC couldn't nail down? Yep, mouth breathers like yourself would have been beyond ****ed had she NOT accepted the money at the time, because NO ONE KNEW this guy was running a scam. That's how these high level scams are able to operate. Some people may have not liked Shapiro, or suspected something, but not liking someone or suspecting something isn't a reason to turn down money, especially when you are short on funds as is. If that was the case, we'd lose most of our donors overnight, because a lot of them are unlikable as ****, and have made their money in sketchy ways.

Gee, how embarrass I feel. See, my JD is from Miami also and now I am associated with you. I’m old so maybe we can differentiate ourselves by claim changing standards. Otherwise we will both go down as mouth breathers. Wait, I was 24 when I apparently crawled on all fours and I supposed took the degree from Soia’s hand with my mouth. She did look a little surprised, but then again she was a pompous a$$$ too. Maybe you were younger and establish a delta.

Oh, by the way my dear fellow, RANDY KNEW! How hard could it have been? I am sorry about the famous author question you ducked. I thought was a softball; didn’t know you had a real degree.

Gee, how embarrass I feel. See, my JD is from Miami also and now I am associated with you. I’m old so maybe we can differentiate ourselves by claim changing standards. Otherwise we will both go down as mouth breathers. Wait, I was 24 when I apparently crawled on all fours and I supposed took the degree from Soia’s hand with my mouth. She did look a little surprised, but then again she was a pompous a$$$ too. Maybe you were younger and establish a delta.

Oh, by the way my dear fellow, RANDY KNEW! How hard could it have been? I am sorry about the famous author question you ducked. I thought was a softball; didn’t know you had a real degree.

Randy SUSPECTED, and he just flat out didn't like the guy. A dude from the streets know a con when they see one, but as we were all taught in law school, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove, or at least stand a chance of proving. The FBI and SEC couldn't put the pieces together. Once again, a fair number of our major donors are unlikable. If that's the criteria for accepting money, then this school wouldn't be able to raise money from most of our major donors. By the way, he passed through compliance and their screening process. In other words, Randy's suspicion couldn't be confirmed.

Advertisement
I tested my own theory, and that number did not budge. Still 33,300,096 after I pitched in an Abe Lincoln.

Should be funded by now, I would think. I am so stoked! We've been needing this for years. No more missed practices and no more BS negative recruiting about our facilities. All they can say now is that we have a long drive to the stadium but who gives a crap when the stadium itself is a top notch NFL facility! This is going to pay dividends! There's a storm brewing in Coral Gables!!!

Yeah they announced a million dollar donation, so no way it isn't funded yet. If anything they are leaving the page unchanged so people will still donate. "they just haven't gottten to changing it yet" is obvious bs. ...Like they don't want to raise more money than their goal. The IPF is fully funded without a doubt.

I remember CMR said on the radio they'd have to skimp on interior bells and whistles if they remained short. However, with a $1M donation, that puts them over the top. I wish they'd confirm this on WQAM. It would look good to recruits.

Yeah they announced a million dollar donation, so no way it isn't funded yet. If anything they are leaving the page unchanged so people will still donate. "they just haven't gottten to changing it yet" is obvious bs. ...Like they don't want to raise more money than their goal. The IPF is fully funded without a doubt.

It'd be funny if Rick demanded any extra money back to recoup some of his donation. Or even better.....if his donation was a lie and just used to motivate addl donations.

I'm joking of course but I am glad it's funded. This all materialized way faster than most would've predicted.

Advertisement
I remember CMR said on the radio they'd have to skimp on interior bells and whistles if they remained short. However, with a $1M donation, that puts them over the top. I wish they'd confirm this on WQAM. It would look good to recruits.
Eh whether its announced that the funds are fully raised or not, the thing is getting built and should be finished fairly soon. Thats all that matter from the recruiting perspective.

Secondly leaving the site up (without saying they've raised all the money they need) keeps donations flowing in. Even if it is just a couple hundred to a few thousand more, that will still go to the "interior bells an whistles"

Eh whether its announced that the funds are fully raised or not, the thing is getting built and should be finished fairly soon. Thats all that matter from the recruiting perspective.

Secondly leaving the site up (without saying they've raised all the money they need) keeps donations flowing in. Even if it is just a couple hundred to a few thousand more, that will still go to the "interior bells an whistles"

I have to disagree. Imagine Dabo, Taggart, Mullet, Saban, Meyer, etc. talking to croots and telling them how we can't even get enough funds to build the IPF. That Richt said we will need to skip out on the bells and whistles because we couldn't raise enough. etc. etc. There are plenty of ways to negatively recruit us due to the fact it took us so long to get the funds and those coaches have already shown they are willing to do it.

I have to disagree. Imagine Dabo, Taggart, Mullet, Saban, Meyer, etc. talking to croots and telling them how we can't even get enough funds to build the IPF. That Richt said we will need to skip out on the bells and whistles because we couldn't raise enough. etc. etc. There are plenty of ways to negatively recruit us due to the fact it took us so long to get the funds and those coaches have already shown they are willing to do it.
Bruh the project will be done in a few months, who gives a **** what other coaches are saying. You act like recruits are going on the website and checking how much has been donated, they don't give a ****. All they care about is whats there. And the IPF will be done, and its fully funded. Thats what matters.

Bruh the project will be done in a few months, who gives a **** what other coaches are saying. You act like recruits are going on the website and checking how much has been donated, they don't give a ****. All they care about is whats there. And the IPF will be done, and its fully funded. Thats what matters.

Recruits care. Why do you think coaches like Dabo, Meyer, and Saban negatively recruit? Obviously it works. They don't need to go to the site. The other coach can literaly just say: By the way did you know Miami has such terrible fans they can't even get enough money for an IPF. Or it took them this long to build the IPF we got our funds in a couple of weeks. There are so many ways to spin this.

Advertisement
Recruits care. Why do you think coaches like Dabo, Meyer, and Saban negatively recruit? Obviously it works. They don't need to go to the site. The other coach can literaly just say: By the way did you know Miami has such terrible fans they can't even get enough money for an IPF. Or it took them this long to build the IPF we got our funds in a couple of weeks. There are so many ways to spin this.
bruh. Do you think everyone is just retarded? Dabo or whoever can tell them whatever the **** they want. At the end of the day the recruits will see with their own **** eyes that our IPF is built and fully furnished BECAUSE IT IS FULLY FUNDED.

lol come one now. We should be hoping these coaches are saying that bs trying to negative recruit us. Know why? Because we have easy proof its a plain LIE. That would do more good for us that those coaches are plainly lying to them.

bruh. Do you think everyone is just retarded? Dabo or whoever can tell them whatever the **** they want. At the end of the day the recruits will see with their own **** eyes that our IPF is built and fully furnished BECAUSE IT IS FULLY FUNDED.

lol come one now. We should be hoping these coaches are saying that bs trying to negative recruit us. Know why? Because we have easy proof its a plain LIE. That would do more good for us that those coaches are plainly lying to them.

Except its not a lie. They have a computer. They can just hop onto the internet and show them the articles and advertisements posted by the Miami staff asking for donations and the length it went on for. These are 17 year old kids. They hear Clemson got the funds for theirs in a week Miamis took multiple years and they think Miami is broke and doesn't care about football. Yes it is fully funded, but they can use the amount of time it took to negatively recruit us.

5 years from now the IPF will be obsolete compared to what the big boys will have. Will we be getting hit up again to try and catch up? Hopefully the IPF will be enough to keep us reasonably competitive on facilities, but we need to be recruiting on things other than facilities, because we aren't winning the college football facilities arms race.

Advertisement
5 years from now the IPF will be obsolete compared to what the big boys will have. Will we be getting hit up again to try and catch up? Hopefully the IPF will be enough to keep us reasonably competitive on facilities, but we need to be recruiting on things other than facilities, because we aren't winning the college football facilities arms race.

I don’t know about an IPF becoming obsolete. Other programs aren’t going to be tearing them down every 5-10 years and building new ones. We will obviously have to keep upgrading to the latest state of the art equipment every few years, but you’re not talking about repeating massive capital outlays to build a structure like this.

Things like health monitors/sensors, video tracking, drones, as technology dictates.

Except its not a lie. They have a computer. They can just hop onto the internet and show them the articles and advertisements posted by the Miami staff asking for donations and the length it went on for. These are 17 year old kids. They hear Clemson got the funds for theirs in a week Miamis took multiple years and they think Miami is broke and doesn't care about football. Yes it is fully funded, but they can use the amount of time it took to negatively recruit us.
This is really dumb. I hope you understand that. We have it fully funded. It will be done this summer. The recruits will see it for themselves. End of discussion

This is really dumb. I hope you understand that. We have it fully funded. It will be done this summer. The recruits will see it for themselves. End of discussion

It doesn't really matter what you think because you are delusional. The fact is other schools will use this to negatively recruit us. It could already be built the damage is already done. They will show kids how hard it is for us to generate money. It isn't about the IPF being built. They can say look how hard it was for them to get the money. Next time they need something they will continue having to wait years to build it. We will build it immediately.

Advertisement
Back