Iowa CB Terry Roberts transfers from Miami

Advertisement
I remember people saying Vernon Davis was one of the most explosive players in SFLA that cycle and then Larry Hope was making all these plays in fall camp. I member
It happens pretty much yearly. It’s ultimate copium. Nigel Bethel was going to be a first round pick, too. There was nothing about this guy (or those guys) tape that said he should be a take for a team that wants to be better than .500 in the ACC

It happens pretty much yearly. It’s ultimate copium. Nigel Bethel was going to be a first round pick, too. There was nothing about this guy (or those guys) tape that said he should be a take for a team that wants to be better than .500 in the ACC
The one that really took the cake though was Chocolate, people were convinced he was a 5 star talent.

The one that really took the cake though was Chocolate, people were convinced he was a 5 star talent.
Ive got nothing but love for these guys but some of the hype and false sense of expectations kills me..but still makes recruiting fun to follow

I was told by many on Canestime that Kendal Thompkins was the steal of the class and that NW Bulls team who would outshine the other wrs in that class.

Exactly...

Better than sulking and becoming a cancer on the team.

Last chance for him..needs to go somewhere where he can play a lot and get a chance at the league if that's his goal.

Otherwise he could have just rode it out and got his graduate degree at Miami and moved on to life after football next year.
I didnt like his film at all and his frame, but I know it was for depth and they really aint have a choice.

Advertisement
I like the portal grabs this year a lot better than what they got last year. It was essentially Messidor and a bunch of JAGs.

You’re forgetting Young but I get your point.

The one thing we can all agree on is that Mario took too long to get going last season outside of HS recruiting. i think he’s caught up now though.

Advertisement
i think he was talented, flashed briefly, and coming in people appropriately were convinced he should have been a 5 star.
Unfortunately while here he tore his ACL and that apparently took a toll on him.
Speculation at this point but I'd be curious to see how he would have fared if he didn't have the injuries

Advertisement
Advertisement
Only decent thing that was said about him was that he was good on ST. that was the tell tale sign there.
Wasnt his dad on here? I just looked at the film kept it to myself. I'm glad he got out to get some playing time its actually smart. I just dont get targeting kids like that, your one injury away from them playing significant time. But thats the portal u cant be picky whatever is there is there same like the NFL draft. HS recruiting is key which we take serious so even with this take I'm not worried, cause our focus is top end elite talent.

i think he was talented, flashed briefly, and coming in people appropriately were convinced he should have been a 5 star.
Unfortunately while here he tore his ACL and that apparently took a toll on him.
Speculation at this point but I'd be curious to see how he would have fared if he didn't have the injuries

not only that, he suffered from Jason Geathers disease. The coaches couldn't properly dedicate to just having him focus on one position.

he was wasted by the al bauxite regime.

Wasnt his dad on here? I just looked at the film kept it to myself. I'm glad he got out to get some playing time its actually smart. I just dont get targeting kids like that, your one injury away from them playing significant time. But thats the portal u cant be picky whatever is there is there same like the NFL draft. HS recruiting is key which we take serious so even with this take I'm not worried, cause our focus is top end elite talent.

For the top tier positions like CB, DT, WR - the most talented guys are leaving after 3 years to the league and don't have a need to portal or if they do leave it's going to be for the top 5 teams in the country or a USC.

Miami isn't on that level yet so taking a guy who had some game experience in a good defense to see if he could push for PT I understood from Miami standpoint

**** where else are we gonna find a gunner
Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Back