Iowa CB Terry Roberts transfers from Miami

Advertisement
The problem is our evaluators on staff are only slightly better than the evaluators on CIS. I remember vividly when dudes tried to convince me that guys like Larry Hope and Ryan Mayes were going to be studs. We are still playing that game I see

Yeah, Mario and Alonzo really screwed the pooch on Larry Hope and Ryan Mayes...

The problem is our evaluators on staff are only slightly better than the evaluators on CIS. I remember vividly when dudes tried to convince me that guys like Larry Hope and Ryan Mayes were going to be studs. We are still playing that game I see
Nice try, Mr Secretary. The insult was to the “talent evaluators” on our board, not the current staff. I need 2,000 words posted by tomorrow on how you’ll be better at this.

Nice try, Mr Secretary. The insult was to the “talent evaluators” on our board, not the current staff. I need 2,000 words posted by tomorrow on how you’ll be better at this.

Wow. That's a deliberate load of bullcrap spinning...

"The problem is our evaluators on staff are only slightly better than the evaluators on CIS. I remember vividly when dudes tried to convince me that guys like Larry Hope and Ryan Mayes were going to be studs. We are still playing that game I see"

Maybe you thought you said things more eloquently, but "our evalutors on staff" are quite clearly "the current staff", and you said they were only "slighly better" than the CIS evaluators. So you insulted both groups.

See, that was way under 2,000 words (and some of them were yours).

Wow. That's a deliberate load of bullcrap spinning...

"The problem is our evaluators on staff are only slightly better than the evaluators on CIS. I remember vividly when dudes tried to convince me that guys like Larry Hope and Ryan Mayes were going to be studs. We are still playing that game I see"

Maybe you thought you said things more eloquently, but "our evalutors on staff" are quite clearly "the current staff", and you said they were only "slighly better" than the CIS evaluators. So you insulted both groups.

See, that was way under 2,000 words (and some of them were yours).
No you nailed it. I was insulting both groups. They botched this evaluation badly. I said they are slightly better than this outfit here, who routinely botches evaluations, as hyperbole to show how bad the evals were by both groups.. You created a separate argument that I didn’t put forward by saying I was bashing the current staff for their evaluations done by the previous regime
But you then correctly pointed out I wasn’t - I was bashing the staff for being a little better than our posters for their bad evaluation skills.

but "our evalutors on staff" are quite clearly "the current staff", and you said they were only "slighly better" than the CIS evaluators. So you insulted both groups.

You did it. You solved the case.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m really not sure what the problem is here. Posters are acting as if our portal evals were off.

Of our portal kids, the two offense of lineman are starters, the tight end will play often, the running back will play often, the linebacker will start, both cornerbacks will be transfer starters, and the two receivers will see a ton of playing time and change the way defenses have to cover us. At defensive tackle, one of the three will start, another is a project with significant upside, and a third is the only other “miss“ besides Porter.

Am I missing something?

It’s all a part of the marketing strategy.

Can’t sell the actual product? No problem!

Sell them eternal hope instead thru recruiting news and well placed practice reports and scoops.

I’m not complaining, you see, as I benefit from this cycle.

But let’s call it what it is; Football propaganda.

I’m really not sure what the problem is here. Posters are acting as if our portal evals were off.

Of our portal kids, the two offense of lineman are starters, the tight end will play often, the running back will play often, the linebacker will start, both cornerbacks will be transfer starters, and the two receivers will see a ton of playing time and change the way defenses have to cover us. At defensive tackle, one of the three will start, another is a project with significant upside, and a third is the only other “miss“ besides Porter.

Am I missing something?
I like the portal grabs this year a lot better than what they got last year. It was essentially Messidor and a bunch of JAGs.

Advertisement

Am I missing something?

I have not seen it mentioned...but we also took 4 portal corners. Roberts was the first. Then we landed Brown Brother, Jaden Davis, and Vandy corner. Roberts ended up being the worst...and we may replace him with a high upside JUCO w 3 years left.

This seems like a good thing to me.

Advertisement
Not sure what they (our coaches) could of done differently. He, Roberts, was a key part of a very productive defense. He was expected to start this year, again, for Iowa, had he stayed. He was offered by offer P5 schools, who actively recruited him when he hit the portal.

It didn't work out and I'm happy we aren't seeing him forced onto the field.

I actually like kids like this. Super logical knowing he wasn't going to beat the guys that are at the top. Made a choice kept it moving quick fast.
Exactly...

Better than sulking and becoming a cancer on the team.

Last chance for him..needs to go somewhere where he can play a lot and get a chance at the league if that's his goal.

Otherwise he could have just rode it out and got his graduate degree at Miami and moved on to life after football next year.

It’s all a part of the marketing strategy.

Can’t sell the actual product? No problem!

Sell them eternal hope instead thru recruiting news and well placed practice reports and scoops.

I’m not complaining, you see, as I benefit from this cycle.

But let’s call it what it is; Football propaganda.

So who on staff was pimping him? I don’t remember anybody on staff saying much about him after he was brought on, other than possibly the regular bland platitudes when they can talk about him, which they would do for anyone, but I could be wrong.

Advertisement
Back