Interesting tweet

He Won 2 NCs...and came 1 pitch from a 3rd...His 01 team layed waste in Omaha...his 99 team beat FSU in final....All this after following in a Legends footsteps.....LIFETIME PASS

With all due respect to the legend that 3 is and what he did while he was here, NOBODY gets a lifetime pass. The game passed him by and he oversaw the demise of a baseball dynasty and subsequently lost the greatest streak in all of sports. We we’re mediocre well before that streak ended. He caught lightning in a bottle with that Collins and Abreu class that took him back to Omaha, only to get slaughtered out there.

Also do I need to remind you that bc of what happened, FSU will take that postseason streak away from us?

Advertisement
With all due respect to the legend that 3 is and what he did while he was here, NOBODY gets a lifetime pass. The game passed him by and he oversaw the demise of a baseball dynasty and subsequently lost the greatest streak in all of sports. We we’re mediocre well before that streak ended. He caught lightning in a bottle with that Collins and Abreu class that took him back to Omaha, only to get slaughtered out there.

Also do I need to remind you that bc of what happened, FSU will take that postseason streak away from us?
Let me remind you FSU has ZERO NCs....
Let me remind you that because of Morris and "his" 99 team, directly kept FSU from winning their 1st....I was in Omaha for the entire week in 99....I will not disrespect Jim..
His friendship has been extraordinary for 23yrs...

Let me remind you FSU has ZERO NCs....
Let me remind you that because of Morris and "his" 99 team, directly kept FSU from winning their 1st....I was in Omaha for the entire week in 99....I will not disrespect Jim..
His friendship has been extraordinary for 23yrs...

I wouldn’t disrespect him either. He took this program to new heights and everyone should be grateful for that. Still doesn’t mean he should be able to coach as long as he wants with no accountability.

Him being a hall of fame coach and staying too long can both be true.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back