Interesting tweet

I spoke with Coach Morris at All Canes prior to the Louisville basketball game. He understands the University of Miami as well as anyone.

Advertisement
I spoke with Coach Morris at All Canes prior to the Louisville basketball game. He understands the University of Miami as well as anyone.

he wouldve been the logical choice to take over as AD once he retired. maybe when the BOT actually starts to hate blake, well get someone else

Advertisement
We don't need gimmicks here. We don't need a committee for this and a sub-director of this team and that team. We don't need liberal politics or conservative politics. We need one, competent Athletic Director. One who can do the whole job and nothing less.

Advertisement
I don't give two craps about that university or any other one, I care about The U Football.

well then maybe realize that the U is a university not just a football team. there are people who actually care about both on here. not everyones sole attachment to the program is the football team.

I don’t think shalala wanted to lose. However, let’s not pretend she wanted to win big either. She was heavily involved because image was everything. She seemed to firmly believed revenue generating athletes were no different than other students. Sometime after paul Dee died, the university seemingly shifted ultimate decision making away from the AD. I’d be fascinated to see an AD have autonomy again. Diaz seems like this was Blake going rogue he deserves the ax.

Advertisement
I think the difference here is to all those schools you mentioned, football isnt a game, it's a religion. A 365 day a year worship service and pass the plate cult. Apparently it's just a revenue stream to our leadership.

Religion to some, a big business at the very least as already stated.

We would not pay half / 2/3 of what their AD's make...and quite frankly, would probably look down at them from our educational ivory tower, pinky in the air off tea cup, for daring to focus so much on power football programs and bringing in untold fortunes into the AD that way...

UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back