Interesting Takes on the Final 2023 Recruiting Rankings

lindend

Money, its gotta be da shoes!
Premium
Now this is the type of disagreement I like to see.

• @Brooklyndee says we're likely going to finish with a top 3 class with a definite possibility of having the top class

• @LeedsCane says its looking like a Top 5 right now
  • @Cribby is slightly more tapered with his forecast. Says somewhere in the top 10 with top 6-8 the ceiling with a good season.
  • @IndayArtHauz with the outlier, says we will end up ranked higher than our recruiting class ranking

What say you?

Last edited:
Advertisement

• @Brooklyndee says we're likely going to finish with a top 3 class with a definitely possibility of having the top class

• @Cribby is a bit more tapered with his forecast. Says Top 10-12 is realistic (can't seem to find the post right now though)
  • @IndayArtHauz with the outlier, says we will end up ranked higher than our recruiting class ranking

What say you?
Player rankings will change at least twice between now and NSD. 6 is ceiling imo.

Advertisement

• @Brooklyndee says we're likely going to finish with a top 3 class with a definitely possibility of having the top class

• @Cribby is a bit more tapered with his forecast. Says Top 10-12 is realistic (can't seem to find the post right now though)

What say you?
6-8 is my ceiling off a good season. Still kinda early but that’s how I see it.

I think Cribby said 7-8 which I agree with.
6-8 is my ceiling off a good season.
Thanks @HTXCane , you were right, with your reminder, I found his original prediction with matches what he just posted. OP updated

Advertisement
Thanks @HTXCane , you were right, with your reminder, I found his original prediction with matches what he just posted. OP updated

A huge class could maybe catapult us into the top 5 , I’ll still ride with my original prediction of 6-8 off a good season even though it’s still early.

Quick count 16 top 50 recruits in 247 currently uncommitted. Miami currently sits 9th in rankings. Other teams will add recruits also, so when Miami adds Sampson O., and potentially adds M'Pemba, WR, etc... we could be anywhere 3-7 IMO.

Advertisement
Quick count 16 top 50 recruits in 247 currently uncommitted. Miami currently sits 9th in rankings. Other teams will add recruits also, so when Miami adds Sampson O., and potentially adds M'Pemba, WR, etc... we could be anywhere 3-7 IMO.
"Other teams will add recruits also" is what people seem to not take into enough consideration. Not necessarily in this thread I mean when these talks come up anytime in general. Fans start adding up all the guys they think their team is getting and how that will pass other teams up, but fail to acknowledge that all the teams already ahead of them will be doing the same.

We probably head into the season Top 8 then with the success of our team for 2022 (thinking 10-2), then I can see us creeping up to Top 6 by year’s end.

Advertisement
"Other teams will add recruits also" is what people seem to not take into enough consideration. Not necessarily in this thread I mean when these talks come up anytime in general. Fans start adding up all the guys they think their team is getting and how that will pass other teams up, but fail to acknowledge that all the teams already ahead of them will be doing the same.
This. People are forgetting other schools will be adding highly rated kids.

I always said with the NIL and Mario will shoot us up around the second tier consistently. The UGA’s, Bama’s and Osu’s will always hover around tier one especially with how the system is set up.

it’s splitting hairs once you get to the very top of the recruiting rankings. Landing in the top 5-7 should be the goal and expectation every season if we want to get back to winning titles. As many have eluded to, a good season is what it will take to close with some of our top targets. beating one of A&M or Clemson would be huge

I'm riding with Bryant just because I'm delusional and want to believe. #1 here we come

712VnbngoEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Advertisement
Back