Interesting quote from Rivals interview on Richt offense

Advertisement
Tried to tell yall mane. Richt couldn't run that **** at UGA. The AD wasn't having it. It's all go now!

Bull Sh*t.

So now ADs are forcing Head Coaches to Suck? GTFOOH.

You guys are Excuse Trolls! LOL

Clearly you don't know **** about how things work.

And nobody forced him to suck, they just forced him to run the Pro-Style.

Gotta disagree with you here Coach...I dont know how things work Ill admit...but this sounds like wishful thinking by us cane fans to find an excuse for Richt...I dont believe they forced him to run PRo style at all...

Tried to tell yall mane. Richt couldn't run that **** at UGA. The AD wasn't having it. It's all go now!

Bull Sh*t.

Gotta disagree with you here Coach...I dont know how things work Ill admit...but this sounds like wishful thinking by us cane fans to find an excuse for Richt...I dont believe they forced him to run PRo style at all...

It's true, I live in Georgia and have heard this before. Everyone knows that's the case

Refreshing to see a recruit say that. That means richt is telling them what we all hoped for(albeit assumed) is gonna come true. Fastbreak offense

All the richt haters on here can say very little negatives about our HC while he was running this offense at FSU and UGA. He was dominant

Advertisement
Another telling quote about richt from recruiting...

http://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/769/242/4242769.png

Great find... Takes some real balls to pull away offers and/or say no to "moderate" talent if it doesn't fit with the system and culture you want to build.

Trying very hard not to get too hyped, but for the first time in many years we have a staff that is playing chess when what we're used to seeing is a staff learning checkers... Crazy.

Checkers? They were playing Tic-Tac-Toe and losing every game.

I really really hope it's the old FSU offense. We will rek **** if so.

I think what you're looking for is the old offensive attitude and some of the concepts.

I don't think that FSU's late 90's offense would work in today's game.

Not buying it because it's illogical. Why would Richt continue to stay there and be pretty much mediocre (not elite)? I would like to think that Richt has a backbone. Even Jerry Jones couldn't influence Jimmy Johnson on how to run his team.

Last edited:

Bull Sh*t.

Its far from wishful thinking or an excuse. Its legit. Dude still averaged 10 wins a season. CMR may be a God fearing Christian man but he's a savage on the sidelines when he doesnt have his hands tied.

Advertisement
Not buying it because it's illogical. Why would Richt continue to stay there and be pretty much mediocre (not elite)? I would like to think that Richt has a backbone. Even Jerry Jones couldn't influence Jimmy Johnson on how to run his team.

Worst example ever...Jimmy Johnson was already a legend...Jerry was a rich "cigar club" member who was just happy to be there...the Jerry people know now aint the same Jerry from the early 90s. He had no clue WTF he was doing back then. Think hes bad now? Lol.

Bull Sh*t.

Whats so hard to believe, BV?

UGA AD sees ALA and LSU are basically running through the entire nation running a Pro-Style offense and that those spread offenses dont win championships. In order to keep up with ole Saban he had to fight fire with fire. Makes complete sense to me.

Miami has been mediocre.
I wouldn't describe Richt's body of work at UGA as mediocre.

The excuses really don't matter. Sure you can say the AD handcuffed him, but as I said previously, even if you say that, you still cannot excuse that he **** the bed at a national championship opportunity by losing to a 5 loss Ron Zook led gaytor squad in his second season. In his first three seasons (you know the time before some of you say the AD started meddling), he went 1-2 against Ron Zook and 0-2 against Saban. I have no doubt that he will win here. The question is if he will win championships. Here's hoping that he gets over the hump here.

Advertisement

Bull Sh*t.

It wasnt all the AD but, a big part of it was the SEC with there delay he couldnt run the fast break like it was meant to be used. The refs would delay and it gave the defense time to substitue which defeats the purpose of the fast break. So one could say his hand was forced to run more of a slower pro style offense. The ACC doesnt have that rule (yet) haha so the fast break is going to be very fun to watch. Expecting a display this upcomng season. Not to mention we have the first three games to get used to it and then a fourth week of practice before we even start ACC play.

Richt was compelled more and more to be a fund raising figure head - and "encouraged" to do things a certain way at Georgia. Richt was a staple at Georgia.

I guarantee when he took the job at UM, he let UM know he would be returning to the style of play that takes advantage of 305 speed, that he would be more hands on calling plays, that he'd need sufficient support to flood the recruiting map, and he'd run a tight ship.

Bull Sh*t.

Whats so hard to believe, BV?

UGA AD sees ALA and LSU are basically running through the entire nation running a Pro-Style offense and that those spread offenses dont win championships. In order to keep up with ole Saban he had to fight fire with fire. Makes complete sense to me.

I just have never heard of an AD meddling with the style of offense a team runs...it seems ludicrous to me.. now the type of players you bring in?? The type of coaches?? YEa.... I can agree that they maybe didnt want him to call plays so he could spend time doing other things, but the style of offense?? It just doesnt make sense to me.

Advertisement
In regards to JJ: Jerry won 3 super bowls in the 1990s (2 with Jimmy) and that was because Jimmy Johnson told him to back the **** off and let me do my job.

Back to my point: McGarity was a tennis player at Georgia in the 1970s. Now he's telling Richt how to run his offense?

Last edited:
In regards to JJ: Jerry won 3 super bowls in the 1990s and that was because Jimmy Johnson told him to back the **** off and let me do my job.

Back to my point: McGarity was a tennis player at Georgia in the 1970s. Now he's telling Richt how to run his offense?

The Georgia Way - Balance - Bulldawg Illustrated
"A few weeks back after UGA hired Brian Schottenheimer, a graphic was tweeted by the Georgia Football twitter account touting “The Georgia Way … Balance … Consistency … Pro-Style … NFL Ready”."

It's true.

Barry Switzer approves of this post.

Bull Sh*t.

Tough to think otherwise. Why would he go from wrecking **** up tempo at FSU to the complete opposite?

Advertisement
Back