Interesting quote from Rivals interview on Richt offense

I'm a 3-4 Defensive Coordinator.

If a school offered me a job that I couldn't refuse and the only stipulation was that I run an "even front" then guess what Coach Macho is gonna do? Find myself two Defensive Ends and two Defensive Tackles and get it crackin!

I'm not gonna turn down a great opportunity just because I'm too hard-headed to utilize four Defensive Linemen as opposed to three. I either learn the 4-3/4-2-5 or I find a guy that specializes in it. (or take my a$$ back to Western High School where I'll never have a shot at states)

Advertisement
Miami deserves to suck with fans like this. They hire the winningest coach on the market and these trolls whine non-stop.

If you're following recruiting and some of the things that Richt has told the recruits then you could probably come to the conclusion that Richt is gonna spread it out. (which only proves what we're saying)

You b!tches ready to eat that crow when we line-up with 4/5 wide next season?

As a team, Miami needs to increase its run production. All of the talk about the style of offense we are running should be secondary to some fundamental changes that need to occur to compete in modern college football. I loved the up-tempo offense Richt had at FSU, but we are in a different era of football where run production and volume carries are paramount to success. In the Playoff-Era, the magic number is right around 40 carry attempts per game (with more being better) with the only outlier being Florida State (32apg) before they were steamrolled by Oregon in the playoffs.

Miami, under Golden in the Fisch/Coley era averaged 32 rush attempts per game. That is terrible and they were consistently among the bottom third in college football, while having one of the best collegiate runners in Miami history on its roster. This is what you'd expect of an air raid offense or some other gimmick that non-P5 schools use to look functional. It shouldn't be the result at a top tier University, especially one at Miami, that has unlimited resources to have an elite run game. No wonder the Alex Collins, Sony Michels of the world didn't want to come to Miami.

At FSU, as OC, Richt's run offense was all over the map. Some years, high volume, high production but then some years, some real poor volume and poor production. However, it was a different era in college football. Even at Georgia, despite being "pro style" and given, Richt wasn't calling plays (but clearly influential in playcalling, what HC isn't in some regard) the distribution wasn't very consistent season to season. But, in Richt's best seasons at Georgia, his offenses were in the 38 carry range and at times, over 40. We're straddling a few different offensive eras here to make a point about the present, but still, I think there is a point that needs to be made that we can't look simply at his fun offense and hope it brings success. There needs to be some tweaks and I think we need to mimic some aspects of college football that are clearly successful and running the ball a lot more is one of them.

Advertisement
Y'all clearly have no idea. You got a million dollar job and your boss tells you that he doesn't want the spread cause it's not "Georgia football"...and he wants you to hire an OC...that's what you do.

LOL @ why didn't he quit.

You have no idea......believing that BullSh*t! Here is one for you, Mr Gullible: Blake James would not allow Golden fire Dorito LMAO.

Here's the difference between you and I , though.

My opinion is based off something that was told to me via a Georgia high school coach who had a rapport with Richt.

Also, other people from Georgia echo the same story. You, however, have zero real information to base your opinion off of. People like you should just STFU and listen sometimes. Be objective.

Miss me with your "I Know A Guy Crap."

You don't know a **** thing....but excuses for MR! LOL

If a school offered me a job that I couldn't refuse and the only stipulation was that I run an "even front" then guess what Coach Macho is gonna do? Find myself two Defensive Ends and two Defensive Tackles and get it crackin!

I'm not gonna turn down a great opportunity just because I'm too hard-headed to utilize four Defensive Linemen as opposed to three. I either learn the 4-3/4-2-5 or I find a guy that specializes in it. (or take my a$$ back to Western High School where I'll never have a shot at states)

Stop already! LOL

Stop already! LOL

Are you even a Miami fan? It's like you want Richt to fail or something.

Stop already! LOL

Are you even a Miami fan? It's like you want Richt to fail or something.

No, he isn't. He's a fan of trolling. This idiot said we should have hired Ken Dorsey as HC

Advertisement
So McGarity became AD in 2010, yet he's the one who told Richt to get away from the spread uptempo and to hire an OC? Even though he hired Bobo as OC in 2007 and stopped running spread uptempo WAY before McGarity was hired in 2010? Makes perfect sense.

So McGarity became AD in 2010, yet he's the one who told Richt to get away from the spread uptempo and to hire an OC? Even though he hired Bobo as OC in 2007 and stopped running spread uptempo WAY before McGarity was hired in 2010? Makes perfect sense.

LOL

Advertisement
Back