Interesting picture of the failed Enos experiment

Sure am glad that dude got fired.
I'm even more glad Williams left. As much as I railed against Enos, and did I ever, I can't see any OC succeeding with the coach killer QBs we've had recently. I mean seriously, what kind of football acumen does it take to run the ball in a Hail Mary situation? In that moment I realized just how handicapped Enos was with his QBs.

Advertisement
I'm even more glad Williams left. As much as I railed against Enos, and did I ever, I can't see any OC succeeding with the coach killer QBs we've had recently. I mean seriously, what kind of football acumen does it take to run the ball in a Hail Mary situation? In that moment I realized just how handicapped Enos was with his QBs.

Truth. Enos the QB whisperer was BS though.

It’s pretty obvious in the modern game that good offense trumps good defense. It’s only logical since every rule change in football has been created to create more offense. You still have to get stops and turnovers might be the most important thing in all football but the days of shutting down everybody and winning 14-7 are long over. It becomes blatant in the playoffs and championship game where you see teams that have generally been playing great defense all year get lit up by the opposing team’s offense. The best offenses beat the best defenses because the game is designed that way

100000000%. And this is why it's so hilarious to me when people make these threads blasting the defense and saying things like it's egregious to give up a TD drive to LA Tech. It's 2019-2020. ALL of the rules are geared towards offensive football. Scoring is at an all-time high. But the defense is to blame when they give up 7 points in the first 58 minutes of a football game? Maybe in 1947. Sure as **** not now.

Advertisement
100000000%. And this is why it's so hilarious to me when people make these threads blasting the defense and saying things like it's egregious to give up a TD drive to LA Tech. It's 2019-2020. ALL of the rules are geared towards offensive football. Scoring is at an all-time high. But the defense is to blame when they give up 7 points in the first 58 minutes of a football game? Maybe in 1947. Sure as **** not now.
It’s because a lot of people here don’t watch college football outside of Miami games and old highlights of Miami games. They compare the defenses of today to the defenses of thirty years ago but conveniently forget that offenses today are light years better than they were back then. The average game is much higher scoring now than ever before.

It’s pretty obvious in the modern game that good offense trumps good defense. It’s only logical since every rule change in football has been created to create more offense. You still have to get stops and turnovers might be the most important thing in all football but the days of shutting down everybody and winning 14-7 are long over. It becomes blatant in the playoffs and championship game where you see teams that have generally been playing great defense all year get lit up by the opposing team’s offense. The best offenses beat the best defenses because the game is designed that way
Exactly, your defense has to make a couple of key stops.

Advertisement
Huh?

Were they somehow able to score twice or thrice on a single drive?
tenor-23.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s because a lot of people here don’t watch college football outside of Miami games and old highlights of Miami games. They compare the defenses of today to the defenses of thirty years ago but conveniently forget that offenses today are light years better than they were back then. The average game is much higher scoring now than ever before.
In addition, the rules are offense friendly...

He’s right. He didn’t say touchdown. A field goal is a score.

Taking his comment literally, it's impossible.

If (of course they did) they had a single drive all season not result in a score...

Your welcome.

Last edited:
So is an extra point. Too **** bad you need to score a TD to get one, though.

Now you are talking where a single drive can result in two scores.

Math still doesn't work...

For it to work, those teams would need at least an equal number of successful XP+2pt Conv for every stalled drive....

OR

Total points taken into account. Considering value of TDs, that should be easy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back