Interesting numbers regarding our 2021 class

Advertisement
I was listening to some podcast earlier today, it might have been Ivins'. They mentioned some pretty crazy rankings stats.

Jake Garcia is UM's highest ranked QB commit since Kyle Wright.

James Williams is UM's highest ranked DB commit since Kenny Phillips.

The trio of Romello Brinson, Jacolby George and Brashard Smith is the highest ranked threesome of wide receivers signed by one school in 247 history. Edit: I may have misheard this one. It seemed shocking to me at first too.

I knew we signed a good class but I didn't realize the significance of some of these dudes. If only we could have signed an actual cornerback.
The WR one is deff wrong bc bama singed jeudy Smith and Ruggs all in the same year

I was listening to some podcast earlier today, it might have been Ivins'. They mentioned some pretty crazy rankings stats.

The trio of Romello Brinson, Jacolby George and Brashard Smith is the highest ranked threesome of wide receivers signed by one school in 247 history. Edit: I may have misheard this one. It seemed shocking to me at first too.

I knew we signed a good class but I didn't realize the significance of some of these dudes. If only we could have signed an actual cornerback.
Listened as well. That WR rankings "stat" was only at Miami and I believe only during the 247 era, which hasn't been very long.

I believe what Ivins was trying to say is that this trio is Miami’s highest ranked trio since 247 started. Meaning just the classes of Miami. Not all of 247 for almost time.

Advertisement
You're probably right but I was just quoting what I heard on the podcast.

Maybe I misheard it and they meant highest trio of Miami receivers signed in one class. That seems to make more sense.

U sure it wasn’t the highest trio in OUR history?

Advertisement

Cornerback, what's that?

Ivin’s also said that Arkansas almost had Jake Garcia. That Jake didn’t have the best trip down to Miami this past weekend.
And then he realised he could live in Miami or Fayetteville for the next four years.

Advertisement
Garcia seems to have the intangibles but I will say it’s kinda suspect that despite his rating, his other choices were FSU and Arky?
I guess the problem was he's a QB who de-committed late in the day. Hard to find room for them at well run programmes - they've got their QB locked up early.

From what I've seen of Arkansas this year, they seem to have a pretty competent coach who's trying to drag that team out of the dumpster fire he found it in. So I'm not surprised he pushed hard for Garcia.

Forfeit State is Forfeit State.

LOL...stopped reading after OP said listening to IVINS
I listen to a bunch of Miami podcasts. Is there a particular one that a super insider like yourself prefers? I’ll check it out.

Besides me misquoting the part about the receivers (y’all pointed that one out 400 times) everything else was right.

Advertisement
U sure it wasn’t the highest trio in OUR history?

It wasn't even the highest trio in our history, see 2008.

A Johnson: #32 .9821
D Johnson: #74 .9659
Streeter: #142 .9310
TB: #166 .9259

VS

Brinson: #139 .9373
George: #170 .9259
Smith: #215 .9158

Yeah, not even close. Great class and hopefully they stay 4-5 years and develop better than the top 4 which had one kid that lasted in the NFL (TB).

It wasn't even the highest trio in our history, see 2008.

A Johnson: #32 .9821
D Johnson: #74 .9659
Streeter: #142 .9310
TB: #166 .9259

VS

Brinson: #139 .9373
George: #170 .9259
Smith: #215 .9158

Yeah, not even close. Great class and hopefully they stay 4-5 years and develop better than the top 4 which had one kid that lasted in the NFL (TB).

Then what is he talking about or referring to?? Lol. U are absolutely right.

not even higher than bama 2021 WR's.

Advertisement
Back